Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duh gets pet store employee in trouble because he didn't lie about kid's dead hamster

Posted by Cambion 
mrs. chinaski
I also hated it when parents lied to me.
I felt betrayed.

F.e. I had a cat when I was 10-11. My father couldn't stand her
so he took her and throw her out on a highway.
Then he lied to me that the cat got lost.
He literally said: The cat run away and couldn't find
her way home.
He acted weird so I knew that he was lying.
He told my mother what he did, they had an argument
about something and to spite him, she told me what
really happened to my cat.

Wow, what a dick. Sorry, but who does that? What a nasty thing to do to one's own kid, or anyone for that matter. Parenting makes one a better person, indeed!
electricfire
mrs. chinaski
I also hated it when parents lied to me.
I felt betrayed.

F.e. I had a cat when I was 10-11. My father couldn't stand her
so he took her and throw her out on a highway.
Then he lied to me that the cat got lost.
He literally said: The cat run away and couldn't find
her way home.
He acted weird so I knew that he was lying.
He told my mother what he did, they had an argument
about something and to spite him, she told me what
really happened to my cat.

Wow, what a dick. Sorry, but who does that? What a nasty thing to do to one's own kid, or anyone for that matter. Parenting makes one a better person, indeed!

My father did it, too. He (my father) should never have had children. Neither should my mother, but more for health reasons than gross incompetence. No wonder I've never bought that "makes you a better person" bullshit!
My aunt did something like that with my cat when I was about that age. For whatever reason, she threw my cat outside, when she knew full-well the cat was indoor-only. My mother came home for lunch and found my cat in the backyard and assumed she got out by accident, so she brought the cat back in. My aunt proceeded to throw Kitty right back outside after my mother left and I never saw her again. I'd go out every day after school for hours, hanging up "lost cat" posters on every vertical surface I could find, calling my cat's name, asking people if they'd seen her and never having a shred of luck... and my aunt never once told me that she was the reason my cat was gone. I still have no idea why she threw my cat outside. I guess she felt I didn't need a pet or something. I can only hope my poor kitty found a home with someone nice and didn't just become road pizza or a bear's midnight snack.

I also know people who have taken family cats and abandoned them several towns away because the cats wouldn't stop peeing on the floor. Or they were too cheap to have the cats altered, so when the cats began displaying sexually mature cat behavior (marking, howling in heat, etc.), they took the cats and threw them somewhere that was too far away for the cats to find their way back on foot. They looooved bringing home cute, cuddly kittens all the time, but once those kittens dared to grow up and start doing natural cat things, out they went because their behavior became inconvenient and a replacement kitten would be brought home shortly after.
Plenty of assholes out there...

The cat I had was special. She came to me when I was playing outside
and followed me home. She had no chip, nobody in the area missed a cat
so we kept her. She was an outdoor cat but when I was down with fever,
she stayed in bed with me wrapped around my head and refused to go out.
And that's what she got for her loyalty.
I fucking hate people who are mean to animals.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login