Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breederwhining at work about no reduced gym rate for brats

Posted by Cheese Louise 
Here's another for the It's Never Enough For Breeders files. We have an intranet forum where I work where you can post comments, questions, etc. about whatever, and Administration answers (well, sometimes).

The company offers reduced rates at some local gym for employees. A nice benefit.

Yesterday on the forum I read some whiney-assed comment by a breeder who was bitching that the company doesn't offer the reduced gym rates for kids. The refreshing thing was that there were actually a couple comments (from other employees) calling this dolt on the carpet, telling them to be grateful for what the company offers and that they should go to the Y for famblee memberships, which aren't that expensive.

Besides, this would represent yet ANOTHER perk for breeders. It may not amount to much dollar-wise, but why should the company subsidize gym memberships for Breederella and her five brats? Brats don't belong at a fucking gym in the first place. Take 'em to the park and let 'em run for FREE. I also hear that you can get lots of exercise in a labor camp. :yeah
Re: Breederwhining at work about no reduced gym rate for brats
September 10, 2008
They probably wanted the company to foot the bill for the gym daycare as well.I find it odd that breeders expect freebies and perks for their kyds when the company employs them, not their kyds.They already get what amounts to free group health insurance for their kyds as "famblee" coverage is often only a few dollars more than single coverage regardless of how many kyds are on the plan. I had to pay for famblee coverage for the husband and myself, which was the SAME price as all of the employees who had famblee coverage and 3+ brats. Our local YMCA discriminates against couples vs famblee memberships as well. It's cheaper to go on and pay for famblee membership than it is for a couple if you are between the ages of 18-62. I think that people with kyds should be penalized financially rather than rewarded. Afterall, ADULTS without the kyds and PNB sans the kyds who go to gyms are the ones who have to suffer when kyds tag along and tie up equipment (if they are old enough) or are wailing and darting in and out of the daycare area.
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They probably wanted the company to foot the bill
> for the gym daycare as well.I find it odd that
> breeders expect freebies and perks for their kyds
> when the company employs them, not their kyds.They
> already get what amounts to free group health
> insurance for their kyds as "famblee" coverage is
> often only a few dollars more than single coverage
> regardless of how many kyds are on the plan. I had
> to pay for famblee coverage for the husband and
> myself, which was the SAME price as all of the
> employees who had famblee coverage and 3+ brats.
> Our local YMCA discriminates against couples vs
> famblee memberships as well. It's cheaper to go on
> and pay for famblee membership than it is for a
> couple if you are between the ages of 18-62. I
> think that people with kyds should be penalized
> financially rather than rewarded. Afterall, ADULTS
> without the kyds and PNB sans the kyds who go to
> gyms are the ones who have to suffer when kyds tag
> along and tie up equipment (if they are old
> enough) or are wailing and darting in and out of
> the daycare area.

You are already aware of my disgust at how companies subsidize the cost of health insurance for people who don't and have never worked for us (i.e. spouse and kyds) but won't even let me pay 100% of my company's group health premiums because I don't work enough hours there. Even if I were working enough hours to qualify for HB, this would amount to unequal pay for equal work. My company is simply making out a check to the health insurance company on behalf of the covered employee's spouse and/or children while offering no additional pay for CF and/or unmarried employees.

I wrote an unsigned note to my department head asking him to approve extra pay raises for CF and/or unmarried employees to compensate them for this inequity. I know it won't go anywhere, of course, and it won't help me because I already don't qualify for HB. After I announce my retirement in a few weeks I will tell him LOL! Even though he once boasted about being a "maverick" he is hardly that, IMHO.
degree Wrote:
Even though he once boasted about being a "maverick" he is hardly that, IMHO.

You work for John McCain???!!!
bal-de-vis Wrote:
> degree Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Even though he once boasted about being a
> "maverick" he is hardly that, IMHO.
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> You work for John McCain???!!!

LMAO McCain's name popped into my head as I was writing that. However, my opinion about my department-head and his (bogus) claim of being a "maverick" is the same opinion I have about McCain and his bogus claim of being a "maverick."
September 10, 2008
Nothing is EVER good enough for the fucking breeders. They always scream long and loud for MORE because they feel entitled.
i still dont get why they all feel so fucken special? what have they done so amazing? there are 7 billion people on the planet, how is having another one so fucken special or a miracle
Why can't their kids play sports or play outdoors? Why do kids need a gym membership?
September 10, 2008
Yeah, I second what casseyrod said. Here's a soccer ball/bike/skateboard. Go play. Gym membership....oy.

The company probably wants to ensure its workers are healthy and thus more productive. Or they're just nice. It's obnoxious that the breeders can't just say "Thank you--that's a lovely perk and one example of why I love the management here." No, they have to try to crowbar in their brats as well. It's so ungrateful. And un-classy.
September 11, 2008
Un-classiness and breederism go together! No matter what a company offers, the breeders always want more, more, MORE! Nothing will ever be enough for these people.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login