Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geriatric Parents

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Geriatric Parents
September 10, 2008
Great, now all the young guys will be out to impregnante anyone they possibly can, before their mayun-hood runs out.

(rollseyes)
Re: Geriatric Parents
September 10, 2008
"What does all this mean for would-be older dads? While women are used to seeing grim statistics about their decreasing chances of achieving pregnancy and the increasing risks of Down syndrome as they age, men have typically believed that they have all the time in the world. Perhaps now, men in their mid-30s will start sharing the same "now or never" pressure to conceive that women have long endured."

Oh Jesus, NOW we will have to contend with men and hear about THEIR biological clocks.eye rolling smiley I have serious doubts about this "study" when it says that men start losing fertility at 24 years of age and some of the other crap they claim. It seems like every time one of these "studies" comes out, it creates a new bingo.
September 11, 2008
man this makes me glad that DW and I are firmly Cf (not to mention Mtf transgendered).
September 11, 2008
This is good in a way. I think the onus of any birth defect is still laid at the feet of the mom, generally speaking...if it's confirmed that aging men play as equal a part in contributing possible natal defects, perhaps that will lessen the stigma on women.
September 11, 2008
Yes, and I think that could only be an advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login