Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gah...

Posted by CherryBlossom 
Gah...
September 10, 2008
This is probably a stupid question, but... Am I the only one here who HATES child-proof caps/lids?

I know they've been around for years and years and are fairly simple to operate, but it doesn't make them any less frustrating sometimes. It took me three tries to open a fucking bottle of bleach so I could clean my floors earlier (although why bother to put child-proof caps on bleach bottles? Most breeders don't understand the concept of cleaning anyway). I can only imagine how much MORE frustrating it would be for the elderly or people with arthritis.

If you're too goddamn lazy to lock away poisonous substances from Snot-Faced Precious, then you deserve the consequences that'll swiftly follow.
Re: Gah...
September 10, 2008
I agree, child proof caps are a pain. I always ask for normal caps whenever I get a prescription filled.
September 10, 2008
I have the exact same thoughts every bloody morning when I struggle with my mouthwash. Seriously, that bottle is almost impossible to open! I was just saying yesterday that a person with arthritis would be in agony doing that.

I'm so sick of all that fucking baybee-proofing. If the breeders want extra protection, than they should PAY extra too and leave the rest of us alone!
September 10, 2008
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm so sick of all that fucking baybee-proofing.
> If the breeders want extra protection, than they
> should PAY extra too and leave the rest of us
> alone!

Agreed!
bratBgone
September 10, 2008
Hello, a person with arthritis here. I freaking hate those damn caps! My meds don't have them because I requested them not to, but everything else seems to. Some days just lifting a jug of bleach hurts, let alone opening it. I wish they offered regular caps for us CF. I guess they're afraid some stupid, little Darwin candidate will open it in a store and do himself in. Kids make everything harder.
Cheese Louise
September 10, 2008
MAJOR pet peeve of mine. I don't even have arthritis, but those damn things are such a PITA to open, and every time I struggle with one I cuss up a storm. Just because lazy breeders can't be bothered to keep the shit out of reach of their brats, WE have to put up with this crap.

Speaking of mouthwash, some time ago I bought one of those double-pack things of Listerine where the smaller bottle was supposedly "free." I love that thing because it has a NORMAL cap. I just keep refilling it from the larger bottles with the infernal childproof caps.

Here's a funny story on this subject. My DH isn't as militantly CF as I am, but he hates the childproof caps as much as I do. One time he was filling a prescription at our pharmacy, which offers normal caps if you request them. He couldn't think of the right way to say it, so he blurted out "I want a childfree cap, please." (He's been hanging out with me too much.) He said the clerk was really taken aback and gave him a strange look. We laugh about this one quite often. grinning smiley
September 10, 2008
"I want a childfree cap, please." Funny, but good too--the more that word gets out there and used in that way, the more visible the CF get. I like it.

My mom is proud to recollect to my sis and I that when we were small, she used to keep all the cleaning stuff under the sink, in easy reach. I don't think those obnoxious child-proof caps were much in circulation back then. Anyways, we never dreamt of touching that stuff--because she told us not to (what a concept). I did not suffer either trauma or a blow to my self-esteem because our mom was strict about where we could and could not rummage...
September 11, 2008
I like that way of saying it, too. I am not quite to prescrip meds but when the time comes, I plan on demanding childfree caps lol.

I cannot tell you how agonising it is to open a childproof cap on pain reliever when my arthritis is acting up or I'm having a bad day with manual dexterity when my CP acts up. The breeders should be the ones requestion childproof packaging....after all, they are the ones making the problem, not the CF, the elderly, or the handicapped!
Sara
September 11, 2008
I'm sorry, I know I said I wouldn't post again, but I just had to say -- A-FUCKING-MEN! Seriously! The pills are either for adults or should be dispensed by adults, and MANY people (um... one of whom is me) cannot deal with those damn caps; WHY do they have to be childproof? Either be smart enough & disciplined enough to keep the kid away from the pills, or suffer the consequences. Gah!

... And now I am back to reading.
September 11, 2008
I hate them also. I say if a kid is so stupid to get into a bottle of pills after it's handler leaves it within the kid's reach, it deserves to meet its demise.

There weren't kid-proof things around when I was a kid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login