Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More breederwhining at work, this time about shift changes

Posted by Cheese Louise 
Our department is going through kind of a re-org, mainly where shifts are involved. The earliest morning shift is being moved an hour later. The person in that shift is a breeder who works an opposite shift from her husband in order to avoid paying for bratcare. She is mooing up a storm because now she will have to get a babysitter for...gasp...AN HOUR. A few fellow breeders are lowing with her about how AWFUL this is.

Breeders refuse to see/acknowledge that businesses make these changes because it's what's best for the company's needs. I don't expect the company to bend to suit MY personal life. That's not the way it works. YOU decide if the job and hours work for you and take it or leave it. But NO, in typical breeder fashion, this cow is demanding the company bend to her whims or she'll quit. Everyone knows they're empty threats, because it's a damn good job, and she won't find anything near as good. She's making a fool of herself, and it's actually pretty entertaining to watch.

MOOOOOO!!!!!!! eye rolling smiley
Re: More breederwhining at work, this time about shift changes
September 10, 2008
So quit already. The company is there to fulfill its business needs, not to cater to moms. Don't like it? Find another job. The unending sense of entitlement gets old in about .02 seconds for those of us who have put up countless times with the "she has to leave early for her daughter's soccer game...can't work on the weekend, sorry...can you cover for her, her kid has a doctor's appointment..." ad infinitum.
September 11, 2008
One thing you can count on: breeders will ALWAYS find something to whine about. OMG! WAAAAAAHHHH! I have to pay a babysitter for a whole HOUR!!! No one put a gun to breeders' heads to make them have sproggen. These people breed without thinking and want EvERYONE ELSE to rearrange their lives to cater to the breeders. Enough already!
September 11, 2008
We've got the fresh out-of-kawledge cry babies here at my company. Our core hours are 8-5. You can come in earlier if you like but everyone must be here by 8 because of meetings, etc. Well, the cry babies that still think they are on "dorm time" are all whining up a storm about it, half of them don't roll in until 9/9:30. They've been totally ignoring the mandate and now that the noose is being tightened, they're crying even longer and louder about it. How fucking hard is it to be in work for 8 am? I can see if there is a health issue, that's totally different. But a health issue is not what we're talking about here.

I get here every day for 7:30. It's not hard.
Good grief... Whe I was lucky enough to have a bief temping job with flexitime, I'd get there for 7 so I could skip the lunch and go home at 2. That's perfect, and leaves you the rest of the day!!! They should be damn thankful, it's a rare job that offers this sort of thing.
Annoying entitle-twats...
September 11, 2008
Breeders always whine about something when they are working for other people, but don't have the guts to start their own business, take the necessary risks, and make their own hours. They also don't plan ahead, which leaves them very little wiggle room, that a small change such as an hour difference in their work schedules leaves them in a state of panic. I don't see how they have time for their marriage when they work on opposite shifts either. I guess that once they breed, anything and everything that was once important to them is tossed to the wayside and of course I couldn't give a shit less about their feelings or how shitty their lives are. What pisses me off on a consistent basis is that they think that the REST of society should make allowances for their lifestlyes and they couldn't give a damn less if WE are inconvenienced for THEIR mistakes, aka "kyds".

I have made the following perceived ugly comment before when breeders have asked that I take the shitty shift or work on a holiday in their place, etc.........so they could do this or that with their kyds, or arrange a babysitter, etc......"You know, you tell me that your kids are the best thing that ever happened to you (they are nodding OH YES!), That they are the joy in your life(UH HUH!), and that they will be there to take care of you when you are old and bless you with companionship in the form of grandchildren when you are old as well.(I have their full attention at this point) If that's the case, then I think that YOU should be making sacrifices and not I, since I will reap none of those benefits from your kyds. Since I choose to enjoy MY life in the here and now, I am not willing to make sacrifices which YOU should clearly be making as you will reap what you sow, so NO I will NOT work this holiday, as it's YOUR turn".
September 11, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "You know, you tell me that your kids are the best
> thing that ever happened to you (they are nodding
> OH YES!), That they are the joy in your life(UH
> HUH!), and that they will be there to take care of
> you when you are old and bless you with
> companionship in the form of grandchildren when
> you are old as well.(I have their full attention
> at this point) If that's the case, then I think
> that YOU should be making sacrifices and not I,
> since I will reap none of those benefits from your
> kyds. Since I choose to enjoy MY life in the here
> and now, I am not willing to make sacrifices which
> YOU should clearly be making as you will reap what
> you sow, so NO I will NOT work this holiday, as
> it's YOUR turn".

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Breeders always whine about something when they
> are working for other people, but don't have the
> guts to start their own business, take the
> necessary risks, and make their own hours. They
> also don't plan ahead, which leaves them very
> little wiggle room, that a small change such as an
> hour difference in their work schedules leaves
> them in a state of panic. I don't see how they
> have time for their marriage when they work on
> opposite shifts either. I guess that once they
> breed, anything and everything that was once
> important to them is tossed to the wayside and of
> course I couldn't give a shit less about their
> feelings or how shitty their lives are. What
> pisses me off on a consistent basis is that they
> think that the REST of society should make
> allowances for their lifestlyes and they couldn't
> give a damn less if WE are inconvenienced for
> THEIR mistakes, aka "kyds".
>
> I have made the following perceived ugly comment
> before when breeders have asked that I take the
> shitty shift or work on a holiday in their place,
> etc.........so they could do this or that with
> their kyds, or arrange a babysitter, etc......"You
> know, you tell me that your kids are the best
> thing that ever happened to you (they are nodding
> OH YES!), That they are the joy in your life(UH
> HUH!), and that they will be there to take care of
> you when you are old and bless you with
> companionship in the form of grandchildren when
> you are old as well.(I have their full attention
> at this point) If that's the case, then I think
> that YOU should be making sacrifices and not I,
> since I will reap none of those benefits from your
> kyds. Since I choose to enjoy MY life in the here
> and now, I am not willing to make sacrifices which
> YOU should clearly be making as you will reap what
> you sow, so NO I will NOT work this holiday, as
> it's YOUR turn".

Great set-up and finish! BRAVO BRAVO!
September 11, 2008
deegee Wrote:

> Great set-up and finish! BRAVO BRAVO!

Thanks deegee.bouncing and laughing Putting breeders in their places, embarassing breeders because of their own stupidity, and thinking up snazzy comebacks for their behavior is not a talent to which I originally aspired. It arose out of sheer necessity after years and years and years of listening to it and after many many mistakes I made as a young CF of giving in to their whims out of guilt or pressure and succumbing to their SELFISH demands. I think that one day I just decided; NO MORE! The more I let my attitude toward it/them become part of my personality, the easier it was and the less they seemed to be able to summon the nerve to ask me for such preposterous "favors" such as giving up MY holiday or off day for THEIR benefit.angry smiley
September 11, 2008
Great response kidlesskim!

Let me guess...this was the first time in their lives they had someone stand up to their entitled little self and they were SHOCKED that you didn't BEG HER to PLEASE work on the holiday instead of putting her in her place. I imagine she was traumatized and that she told every other co-worker she could buttonhole about this "injustice". Just a guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login