Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clothing for mahms

Posted by freya 
Re: Clothing for mahms
March 06, 2016
Or (and I lean toward this) was it when women had the realistic option of going without having kyds for a lifetime?

The backlash started in the early 80's, in America at least. Feminism had made great strides (well, for mid to upper class white women) and the Establishment balked. Remember that hideous show Thirtysomething? Little Hope the dutiful SAHM was painted as a saint.

Evan Davis
March 06, 2016
pitbullgirl1965
Or (and I lean toward this) was it when women had the realistic option of going without having kyds for a lifetime?

The backlash started in the early 80's, in America at least. Feminism had made great strides (well, for mid to upper class white women) and the Establishment balked. Remember that hideous show Thirtysomething? Little Hope the dutiful SAHM was painted as a saint.

Wasn't this the show where anyone without a famblee and kyds was painted as pathetic, neurotic and or depressed? My parents watched it. I seem to recall being repulsed by a pathetic sister (?) who had a good career but was baybee obsessed. And there was some male Lothario, if I recall.

Actually, I seem to recall most of the characters of the show were neurotic and depressed. Even the main two seemed to be fighting it. What a bad example of being in their 30's!
March 08, 2016
Zzelda
@ Freya - no offense intended at all, very sorry sad smiley
I was likely thinking of old skool US sizing and marketing, and shopping with Nana at Sears and etc.

I didn't take offense, just hope I don't look mumsy. Ewwwww.
March 09, 2016
Zzelda
I was likely thinking of old skool US sizing and marketing, and shopping with Nana at Sears and etc.

@ M6 - thumbs up
Physical work sure IS exercise and will trim you down and tone you up! And - you're doing other productive things at the same time. I'm the same way. I probably have a sim bod to yours - except with out the 'big bust'. Do have broad shoulders and know the issues of 'that'. I recently lost a few more lbs. and had to alter the aforementioned jeans *again*.

Also, M6, your post here inspired me to do a bit of shopping so I just ordered these ~

http://www.zappos.com/sbicca-zepp-tan?ef_id=VtuIuwAAAMfx3M-a:20160306013243:s

Let's hope that went through OK and they fit. I'm trying to keep the spending down, but I do need some new shoes. Hey - they're not the $950 GZ boots I had my eye on! Ha, no, I can't afford that high end stuff.

I'm trying to keep the spending down, M6 you did activate my itchy credit card finger! grinning smiley

I do need some new shoes though. I hope these work out.

Zzelda, those boots are AWESOME! grinning smiley I love the style! I don't buy a lot of HE clothes either, because I can't afford it. I still enjoy shopping, though. Let me know how they work out!
March 09, 2016
freya
Zzelda

I didn't take offense, just hope I don't look mumsy. Ewwwww.

I'm sure you don't smiling smiley

@ M6 - the shoes!

What just popped into my head, thinking about shoes: Moe! Larry! THE CHEESE!!!

No, I am not one of these types who are 'obsessed' with shoes - they rather aggravate me and I have difficulty finding things I like. And that *I can walk in*. M6, I hope these work out too, the ones I had on today - Lord help me! And they *were OK* and kind of sim to my above pic. They are black lace ups, a kind of 'hiking boot' *style*, they do have about a 2.5" wedge heel and are not really meant for 'hiking in the woods'. They were in the same price range and I think I've had them for at least a year. So I got enough use out of them but now they are *falling apart*.

Yes I can walk in (low, moderate) heels also. High heels? Forget it. Yeah maybe for a few hours for some function or etc. I cannot wear them as daily wear, not even to the office where I am mostly sitting down. However - I can walk in moderate heels, and those with a moderate platform too. And by walk - I mean I will wear such shoes on my 'exercise walks'. No problem. Again, I'm not 'hiking in the woods', I'm walking on side walks for usually a mile or two at a time.

Moos often have issues with such shoes. I'm sure we've all seen the Trying Hard to be Yummy Mummy types, tottering around in heels, and they really 'can't do it'. Not only walk in the shoes but try to wrangle their spawn and steer their bus sized stroller as well. Always good for a few laughs grinning smiley

*I still can* walk in moderate and even high heels (for short stretches) and I'll bet most of us here can too.

My present issue, falling apart shoes - just a tip - wood glue won't help you. Tried that on a hole in the side, failed immediately. As well as on a hole in the sole. Cracked again. And then on the other shoe, right foot, this had the 'bunching issues'. Now I always get insoles to put in my shoes. Always. Just the simple ones that cost like $2, I think it keeps the insides nicer. And I replace them as needed as well. Well 'the original' insole in this shoe - was 'bunching up' underneath that, eventually, and what I did was attempt to 'cut that out'. And I got most of it - except by the toe because I couldn't get the scissors 'in there'. So that last piece, to keep it down, I put a piece of tape over it, and then put my extra insole back over it.

And it continued to 'bunch'. GAH

I did get enough use out of these things, I can't complain. I wore them out. There's nothing left of the soles. I began to suspect that over the winter - when I was stepping on pieces of *rock salt* (pea sized pebbles) - and OUCH! I can feel their entire pointy shapes through the feet! Hmmmm, maybe these boots are worn out, I should look at the bottoms ~
YEP.

I wear things until they *wear out*. And I take care of my things too. I suspect many Breeders *do not*. They buy cheap shit too, so they're always buying more. Many will tell you to spend a bit more on things that will last. You don't need to get the 'high end' either. You can also inspect things to see the quality. Pro Tip - if it looks like *it's already falling apart* - it's probably going to continue falling apart.

A shoe store that Breeders like and we're all well advised to steer WAY clear of: Shoe Carnival.
GAWD do I LOATHE this store! No I usually don't go there purposefully, either out of desperation or someone else wants to go there. And not only do they have crappy, shit, shoes - it's fucking LOUD in there and infested with Moos and Kids. For those unfamiliar with these stores - when they say "Carnival" - they really *do mean* *Carnival*. It's loud, loud music, they get on the intercom and bark about sales and specials constantly, and then they have their 'wheel' that you can spin to get a coupon or some shit.
Yes. It IS. Hell on Earth.

DSW SUX also. I don't like loud, crowded stores. Esp. those that have overpriced crap I don't want. Because I am between sizes with shoes (US 8.5 or 9) - I usually have to try them on. However, I have had good luck w/ online shopping for these - because you can look at all the pix and read the reviews. At first I was hesitant - but I've had good luck with this and it beats pawing through a shoe store. Especially those who decided to turn their store into a freaking Carnival.

And the Brick N Mortar shop keeps wonder why online shopping got so big?
No screeching children, perhaps?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login