Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SO burnt out and just not liking SAHMing anymore!!

Posted by clematis 
SO burnt out and just not liking SAHMing anymore!!
September 17, 2008
Comments by several moms on this topic, below, from www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=957694

"God I'm so tired of this. I've been a SAHM for ten years. We have four kids ages 2, 5, 8 and 10, and are homeschooling (well, unschooling.) I'm so burned out and am just hating being around them all the time at this point."

"I really hoped that having Fleur would kind of 'revive" my enthusiasm for being a SAHM but it actually made things worse. The 3yo got jealous, I entered into the topsy-turvy universe of tandem nursing with her and the 2yo, and finally one night I cried my eyes out to DH and told him how much I ****ing HATE being a SAHM!"

"Right now I'm really really hating SAHM-ing. THe bloody kids have been awake and bickering since 6 AM and I'm ready to hang myself from the nearest tree. I totally hate it."

"I'm homeschooling right now, and our oldest is the only one old enough to be in school anyway, but I suck at that too. I can't get my act together to do anything fun and structured, like she seems to need."

"Sometimes I worry that if the kids are in school, DH will expect even MORE of me than he does now. Like, he is so freakin upset and confused if dinner isn't ready.....and excuuuuuse me, but I was taking the kids around all day, and we try not to hang out in the house, AND cooking makes me wanna heave right now, and sometimes I just cannot plan ahead that far because there simply is not time. I worry that he needs a reality check, and even if the older kids are in school, I'm still going to be just as busy with the toddler and just life in general. DH does need a reality check. A big one...Gotta run. Everyone needs to have some dinner." [posted at 8:21 p.m.]

"^#$^#$^#*#$&*O)O))!!!!!!! While I was typing that, my two younger ones decided to rip apart the bedding on BOTH king size beds, and just make a huge frigging mess. It totally sucks. And then they're too little to make the beds properly again, and there's NO WAY anyone could go to sleep in that mess. I just hate this. I hate it so much. It is so exhausting and dumb and NOT enriching in any possible way. All I have is grey hair and wrecked self-esteem from watching four little monsters all day who are the approximate size and intelligence of fire hydrants! (Well, they're actually very intelligent, but it sure as heck does not feel like it.)"

"REALLY WISH I HAD GONE BACK TO WORK RATHER THAN BEING A SAHM. I miss the independence, income, freedom. We were looking at home schooling but I told DH - NO WAY. Not after how I feel after only 3 years at home."

"I am totally with all you burned out mamas...When we begin resenting parenthood/our kids, we know something needs to change, right?" Lisa, loving life with 2 girls (10-30-03 and 9-06-07), one super husband and a cat
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what the fuck did she think it would be like having FOUR ................YES FOUR........... kids. Stevie Wonder could have seen what her life was going to be like, fucken idiots, anyone who has 4 kids deserves to live in pure hell. idiots
Re: SO burnt out and just not liking SAHMing anymore!!
September 17, 2008
Nope, no sympathy here. I mean the bimbo has already had three--wjy would she think it would get any easier with FOUR??!! I guess these women really do shit out their brains with the loaf.
September 17, 2008
Wow. I can't believe how much their lives SUCK! HA! SUCKS to be them!!! LOL They made their beds, now they can lie in them.

Think ahead people. Life isn't a Kodak moment just because you keep on breeding!!!!!
September 17, 2008
You would think that she thought about this by the time she had three...she actually thought it would be easier with FOUR??!! I guess these idiots really do shit out their brains with the first loaf!

And god forbid that the wallet might like dinner (OMG!) when he gets home! Did you you think you were going to spend the rest of your life on your butt doing nothing?

I'm with you, KFLL. Definitely sucks to be her, but...Bed. Made. Lie.
burnt out moo...
what is the phrase?
the definition of futility, insanity? I can't remember..
but the substance is.. to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result each time?
that is moo-dom (like this brainiac above).
Seriously, I think they dig these cesspools for themselves is because, over the last 30-40 years we have built a foundation for whiners. Whiners (aka victims) are accorded power simply because they whine. 50+ years ago the whiners would have been told to take a hike and live with their decisions, but now government bails out whiners, asshole moos and duhs bail out whiners, spouses have to endure or placate whiners... because to do otherwise would entail wrath. Why wrath? Because to do otherwise is NOT politically correct! How dare we point out to whiners (like the above) as why they continued beating their head with a hammer. Why do you take on more than you are capable of? (2+ kids in quick succession?) Why are you incapable of beating the little bastards asses when they pull their jealousy crap?
Oh yes, because then it would prove your incompetence and we can't have that now, can we. It is easier to whine and pout.
Fleur? FLEUR?? Good LORD!

And why does she modify "homeschooling" with "well, unschooling"? Sounds to me like it means she isn't doing SHIT to educate her brats. They probably play all fucking day long. WHY is there no regulation of this?? angry flipping off
September 17, 2008
Yep. 2 cents. This goddamn whining and complaining has gotten worse since the 70s. And of course the number of Whiny moos has skyrocketed. I was raised not to respect the SAHM--my mother worked and did all the good stuff SAHMs do. Yeah, she had a cleaning lady, but I think a woman who works and does her thing at home too, should have a cleaning lady. But she never whined--she just did her thing. In addition, she did gardening, cleaning out the gutters, etc., something a SAHM would never dream of doing--it would ruin her nails, don't you know?

I get so fucking tired of these SAHMs. They don't have to work for a living, yet anything they do is too damn much and too damn ha-a-a-a-ard.
Kids tore the bedroom apart? Beat their butts, then get a lock for the door. Kids will get away with exactly how much you ALLOW them to getaway with!

These SAHMs deserve what they get...they signed up to be Moos. We didn't. So no, we are NOT gonna feel sorry for you idiots.
first of all, I say, "ha!"

Second, um, why did I see moms in the past be able to handle this more, with more finesse? Moms on my block when we were growing up had several kids, and they had a real breakfast on table, did the dishes by hand, made soup or sandwiches for lunch, and a real dinner every night, more dishes, and did some housework every day, most days the houses I visited were pretty darn clean. They went grocery shopping once a week and since most only had one car, they !!gasp!! WALKED to the store, w/ or w/o small kids, not in a suv stroller, but ALSO WALKING NEXT TO THEM, and went to a separate butcher/bakery/pharmacy. HOW DID THEY DO IT???? Oh, by the way, they actually GOT dressed! and didn't wear scrunchie ponytail as a main hair style.

My only guess is, they did this all, but just getting their acts together and also, they weren't entertaining their brats 24-7 like modern moos. That's what older sibs were for, backyards were for, and neighbor kyds were for. I think today's moos biggest mistyke is being their kyds playmates so they can 'bond', and this continues to all the ages, even till their teens.

Get your housework done, and have a separate life from your brats, that is my tip for the day.
Pfft. This idiot breeder should take some lessons from my aunt with a household that runs like clockwork with EIGHT kids, all of whom are are very well behaved.
September 17, 2008
CFTeen, it sounds as though your aunt should immediately contact the Discovery Channel (host of "Stupid Breedertrash with SIX autistic brats") and The Learning Channel (host of "Jon and Kate Plus 8") to arrange for her own show, pronto! It could be the amazing, astounding profile of a woman whose household runs like clockwork with eight well-behaved kids.

The sheer NOVELTY VALUE of this show would sell ads like HOTCAKES!
September 17, 2008
two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> burnt out moo...
> what is the phrase?
> the definition of futility, insanity? I can't
> remember..
>
the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
September 17, 2008
*forehead slap*

What would Betty Friedan say now???
September 17, 2008
These moomies do not do any more (and likely less) than a CF person who works and likely less than a CF who does NOT work outside of the home. I still pay bills, clean, do laundry, shopping, errands, gardening, cooking, etc.........and so did my mother and she had a 9-5 job in addition to the mommy job. These women are very unorganized and don't appear to know how to multitask or manage their time. Young children sleep ten hours or so most nights and then take a nap or two during the day. If they managed their time better then they would have at LEAST 3-4 "extra" kidfree hours at night and 2 or more hours during the daytime. They allow these kyds to sleep when and where they feel like it, won't stick their asses in a playpen where they belong, and God forbid they shed a tear or two and are'nt immediately picked up and breastfed.

They ALLOW these kyds to set the rules and do what they please and that is why they do not have time to do anything but make snacks, breastfeed, play with said kyd, and clean up after it. These home skoolers and unskoolers are doing their kyds a huge disservice as far as their educations, socialization, and being on a regular schedule. I have known some who let the kyds get up whenever they please and then spend the greater part of the day begging them to sit down for "skool". Those kyds stay in pajamas all day long eating junk food and playing games or watching TV and are basically underfoot all day long. The FIRST thing that would give them some time, like a normal parent, is to get those kyds registered in school.
September 17, 2008
two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
> burnt out moo...
> what is the phrase?
> the definition of futility, insanity? I can't
> remember..

That phrase would be "exercise in futility". You got it right.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
September 17, 2008
Jebus crisp, cry me a fucking river. You consciously made your own life a living hell, and now you hate it? Gee, it's too bad your skull is to thick for the clue by four that's probably been whacking it for the past 9 years. Kill your self now Cow, because it's not going to get any better and you know it, after all...every time it gets worse you just hump out another loaf.

Oh, and Unschooling, it's essentially homeschooling for hippies. You don't want to know, trust me.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
September 17, 2008
Feh Wrote:
> Jebus crisp, cry me a fucking river.

How can you swear like that after saying 'jebus crisp'?
September 17, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> Feh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jebus crisp, cry me a fucking river.
>
> How can you swear like that after saying 'jebus
> crisp'?

Because I fucking love to just spew a goddamend string of obscenities when cock bites like this ass clown piss me off...hey, at least I didn't say "Jesus Fucking Christ". It's situational tourettes, honest I can't help my motherfucking self.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Rose Red Wrote:
> two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
> -----
> > burnt out moo...
> > what is the phrase?
> > the definition of futility, insanity? I can't
> > remember..
> >
> the definition of insanity is doing the same thing
> over and over and expecting different results.

thank yew
these moos are insane...
clematis Wrote:
> CFTeen, it sounds as though your aunt should
> immediately contact the Discovery Channel (host of
> "Stupid Breedertrash with SIX autistic brats") and
> The Learning Channel (host of "Jon and Kate Plus
> 8") to arrange for her own show, pronto! It could
> be the amazing, astounding profile of a woman
> whose household runs like clockwork with eight
> well-behaved kids.
>
> The sheer NOVELTY VALUE of this show would sell
> ads like HOTCAKES!

I'll drop DC and TLC a line. Most of the kids are camera-lovers anyhow.
I saw this forum, it is so funny.

You CF people give this moo a hard time, she is have child #5 to make her job very hard you know - NOT.

Be a SAHMoo for 10 years and having child #5 and life is depressing? One thing I got to say about it: WELL THAT IS TOO DAWM BAD.

Note to worned-out-moo: Should of got steril when you had a chance and if you think your so moral and pro-choice and anti-abortion. Then you will pay for your sins and your life sentence to burden hell and your hubby will be skint to nothing because of your breeding foolishness and he will be an eternal wallet. Since you having kid #5 let's add 18+ years more to your moo-sentence.
September 17, 2008
Gigabyte Wrote:
> I saw this forum, it is so funny.
>
> You CF people give this moo a hard time, she is
> have child #5 to make her job very hard you know -
> NOT.
>
> Be a SAHMoo for 10 years and having child #5 and
> life is depressing? One thing I got to say about
> it: WELL THAT IS TOO DAWM BAD.
>
> Note to worned-out-moo: Should of got steril when
> you had a chance and if you think your so moral
> and pro-choice and anti-abortion. Then you will
> pay for your sins and your life sentence to burden
> hell and your hubby will be skint to nothing
> because of your breeding foolishness and he will
> be an eternal wallet. Since you having kid #5
> let's add 18+ years more to your moo-sentence.

Where the hell are you from, anyway?
Rose Red Wrote:
> Where the hell are you from, anyway?

From the UK.
September 17, 2008
Gigabyte Wrote:
> Rose Red Wrote:
> -----
> > Where the hell are you from, anyway?
>
> From the UK.
'
thought so.
"sometimes I just cannot plan ahead that far [for dinner] because there simply is not time"

Seriously? You can't spend ten minutes in the morning or afternoon hours thinking about what to make for dinner? He's not asking you to plan a six-week vacation for twelve in the Arctic. He just wants some fucking frozen chicken fingers with ketchup and pre-sliced cheese cubes, which god knows is all you remember how to cook anymore. How hard is that?

"While I was typing that, my two younger ones decided to rip apart the bedding on BOTH king size beds"

Do you think that might be because you are *gasp* WHINING on a mommy board and NOT WATCHING them? "But it's TMIJITW!!!" Notice how she throws in that there were two - not one, but two - king-sized beds. These women constantly have to throw in that subtle little materialistic dig at everyone else, don't they? "I hate my kids and I hate my life, but at least my Wallet brings home the bacon (too bad i'm too lazy to cook it for him)!"

"I am totally with all you burned out mamas...When we begin resenting parenthood/our kids, we know something needs to change, right?" Lisa, loving life with 2 girls

Something tells me Clematis picked this one because it is positively DRIPPING with irony, yes? grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login