Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm amazed that people(moos) have time to even think about stuff like this.

Posted by CF Uter 
from TMC:

I had two baby showers for my first. (Our families are just too big to have one big shower). I feel bad that my second baby won't have any pictures in it's album from all these people celebrating it's impending birth. I talked to my husband last night and I think we're going to throw a "we're expecting" party. Just have some people over to celebrate how happy we are about having another. No presents or anything just a nice get together. I think it will be fun.

Do any of you even look at your baby book? I'm sure there will be other stuff in the 2nd kids baby book to look at and won't miss the lack of baby shower pics. There heads have to be pretty empty to even think of this shit if you ask me.
This is all part of the 'me' worship these moos engage in.
As was pointed out in an earlier post, they have to engage in brainwashing and white-washing to overlook the obvious: men do not really like the sprogging life script and the reality when it hits them in the face.

They just have the gall to use the baby to hide their ego behind
I burned mine last year. Honest to god.
I think it's the height of rudeness to throw a party in honor of oneself, which is exactly what they would be doing with a "we're expecting!", party. I don't care if they say, "no gifts" or not, they know PERFECTLY well that they WILL get gifts. People ALWAYS brings gifts to a "no gifts please" party so saying "no gifts" is just an indirect (and transparent) way to solicit gifts. She should do like so many ofther women I know and just outright trade off with other moomies in "the circle" and throw each other showers for numbers 2,3,4+ kyds. It's nearly as rude, but at least it isn't so damned obvious. I don't think it's "wrong" to have A small shower thrown by a friend for subsequent births, but the original type showers where big ticket items are registered for and expected and multiple showers where the entire church roster is invited, are uncalled for and vulgar.
Well, at least they don't want presents. That's a pleasant change of pace.

But, yeah, you think they'd be to bizzy taking care of the one(s) they have. Guess there's always time for this kind of crap, though.
Well, someone from TMC agrees with you:

I don't get it when women refer to a baby shower as a celebration "for the baby." Like somehow a baby is cheated if he/she doesn't have one. Every one I've ever been to focuses on the mom. They're a party for a (usually first-time) mom. The baby gets plenty of celebration after he/she is born. Whenever I see someone say her baby was cheated because it didn't have a shower, I roll my eyes. It's the mother who feels cheated of all those gifts!

One the egg gets fertilized moos will use it for constant attention in every single venue or topic one could think of.
Good lord. What a load of crap. Yes, I'm sure the kid will be scarred for life if it doesn't have pictures of it's baby shower to look back on.

I was a "surprise" - my mom and dad "had" to get married - it was 1966.

There was no shower, my mom was treated like an outcast by her family, until I showed up of course, then everyone wanted to be a part of it all.

Needless to say, there are no shower pictures from my beginning and ya know what? That's perfectly A-OK with me!!!
Now that you mention it, I don't think I ever saw a baby shower pic when I was in the womb.

I'm sure I have a baby book, but I don't remember shit about it or the last time I saw it in 30 years.

WhAAAAA! :bawl:bawl:bawl

eye rolling smiley I'm scarred for life!!!!! eye rolling smiley
Come to think of it, i never thought about my "baby book" didnt even know there was such a thing, ummmmmmmmmm i feel ok !!!!!
nokyds4me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come to think of it, i never thought about my
> "baby book" didnt even know there was such a
> thing, ummmmmmmmmm i feel ok !!!!!

YOU didn't have a baby book. You made the crime blotter.
Looking through my baby-book just gives me the creeps, it disturbs me to think that I was once one of those god-awful fleshloaves we all bitch about, I had more rolls than a bakery, and there are several photos of me in the bath or just being paraded around naked - infant nudity disturbs me enough nowadays, let alone when it's a photo of ME and I'm the perpetrator!!
The way things are going, these moos have to keep count of the photos, minutes of video, locks of hair and other souvenir-shite from their sprogs. Too few, and 20 years down the line kiddie will take offence and sue your fat momma's ass for evidential abuse.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Oh, what nonsense. My mom wouldn't have dreamed of such sentimental claptrap. I have a couple of albums of pix she took when my sis and I were growing up, and those are special and perfectly adequate.

Does this moo who I presume is sitting at home all day think that no one in their busy life has anything better to do than drop everything and come to a stupid ME ME ME party celebrating a biological function? I for one have better things to do, such as, to quote Miss Manners, "Look out the window and watch the trees."

As another poster said, it's rude to throw a party for yourself. And I think she's dying for more gifts, whether she says "no gifts" or not. Foolish, selfish moos.
Re: I'm amazed that people(moos) have time to even think about stuff like this.
September 19, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good lord. What a load of crap. Yes, I'm sure
> the kid will be scarred for life if it doesn't
> have pictures of it's baby shower to look back
> on.
>
> I was a "surprise" - my mom and dad "had" to get
> married - it was 1966.
>
> There was no shower, my mom was treated like an
> outcast by her family, until I showed up of
> course, then everyone wanted to be a part of it
> all.
>
> Needless to say, there are no shower pictures from
> my beginning and ya know what? That's perfectly
> A-OK with me!!!

Wow, if you had said 1969, that would have been my parent's experience exactly.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Why do parents INSIST on all of the naked pics? We have more nudie pics than Penthouse magazine in our "kiddie albums". Some with our legs splayed in the air waiting on our asses to be wiped or diapered, one of my sister with a finger up her ass, and "bend over" and wipe me faces pics, sitting in the kitchen floor naked and playing with pots and pans, etc......My husband has one of THE most embarassing nudie pics of when he was probably about 18 months old where he is standing in the bathroom holding his pecker and he has a kiddie erection. I thought I would DIE when his mother pointed that one out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login