Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Awtard only wants to wear a discontinued shirt, so the internet indulges her fixation

Posted by Cambion 
http://www.boredpanda.com/autism-girl-discontinued-shirt-target-cami/

The gist of the story is that some little awtarded girl was so fixated on this one particular shirt from Target that it's the only shirt she ever wore, and as the shirts either got worn out or the girl outgrew them, her Moo has had to replace them with copies of the same fucking shirt. The issue is the shirt got discontinued in 2012, and since the tard girl refuses to wear shirts that look similar, Moo had to turn to the internet to find more copies of this oh-so-special garment to shut her awtard up. Moo received just shy of 80 copies of the shirt.

Of course, most people in the comments think this is a cutesy feel-good story about internet strangers helping out a poor widdle kid (or they pull the, "Oh she has autism, you wouldn't understand" card), but I see it as an unhealthy indulgence of autistic bullshit. Does Moo intend to just keep dressing her kid in the same exact shirts for the rest of the kid's life because she refuses to wear anything else? What about when she grows up and can't wear any of them? Is Moo going to have an adult-size version of the shirt made so her precious retard won't throw a tantrum? I'm sure Moo thinks that reinforcing her kid's fixation habits is easier, but in the long-run, it's going to be that much harder for this kid to accept that she'll have to wear something different one day.

Will the story still be as heartwarming in 30 years when the tard girl is nine days into an atomic meltdown and Moo is desperately scouring the internet for more of these ugly pink shirts to placate her? Parents just love taking the easy way out, whether their kids are retarded or not. Rather than trying to fix a child's bad habits, parents will just go along with them because it's easier than actually getting off their asses and parenting.

Well, now that this story has been published, anyone who finds one of these shirts in the future now knows to jack the price waaaaay up because this desperate cow will pay ANYTHING for one.
Cambion
Of course, most people in the comments think this is a cutesy feel-good story about internet strangers helping out a poor widdle kid (or they pull the, "Oh she has autism, you wouldn't understand" card), but I see it as an unhealthy indulgence of autistic bullshit.

This is a new level of catering to her kyd and teaching her how the world will cater to her. Can you imagine being another kyd in the classroom with the autard girl who can't accept the fact that she outgrows her clothing? I could see her being upset about a favorite shirt or whatever at the age of 2 or 3, but she is in school and needs to grow up! Wouldn't be surprised if she is attending a regular school where moo pushed and shoved to get her accepted. They used to test kids for kindergarten and based on her maturity level I highly doubt she could pass. I doubt her moo ever made her do anything that caused her to go into a meltdown. She may very well still be wearing diapers. My sister teaches at an elementary school (not kindergarten either) and said there are more 'accidents' than you would think.

School must be a nightmare for her classmates. Meltdowns anytime everything doesn't go exactly her way. Someone dared to wear a green shirt. They're mowing the outside lawn and the noise bothers her. A moo that goes to these lengths to keep her kid in the same shirt for 3+ years is setting her kyd up for failure. Companies discontinue products all the time. Some kyd shows up in class she can't stand to look at for whatever reason. The bathroom soap used to be pink but now it is blue. Someone brought cake from home in their lunch and didn't bring her a piece too. Birthday invites went out and she wasn't invited, essentially because inviting a squalling brat who has constant meltdowns to your party even in elementary school is social suicide. Or not every kid gives her a Valentine's Day card. No one will ever cater to her like this but the moo. She is doing her a huge disservice because she is as Cambion pointed out, essentially lazy.
This is the exactly what happens when Moo pandering to awtards every whim, and they grow up.

Awtard and police

Not only is the Moo doing a disservice, if a tard is that obsessive, the Moo is making a rod for her own back! I can assure you that Moo will be beaten black and blue, and nearly strangled to death, the next time there aren't precisely 13 peas aligned to polar north, or Moo didn't circle the chair anti-clockwise 7 times prior to sitting... But then the Moo will no doubt dump them in the system, or squall for some poor carer to be the punching bag.
I am sympathetic to the needs of the disabled, but this is clearly a bad idea. Stocking a drawer full of new shirts is a good temporary solution to this "problem."

Cambion
Is Moo going to have an adult-size version of the shirt made so her precious retard won't throw a tantrum?

The material probably got discontinued simultaneously with the shirt.

My questions are...
-What happens when the child outgrows the largest shirt?
-What happens if the family travels to a cold climate? A t-shirt isn't appropriate for cold weather.
-What happens if the family has to attend a wedding? A funeral? A formal event?

Whether a kid is disabled or not, when parents indulge this kind of outlook, they are ultimately going to make life much harder on themselves and on their child, in the long-term.
Moo might be able to take several of the shirts to a seamstress/tailor and have them sewn into larger versions that will fit a teenager or adult. I'm sure the fabric has also been discontinued, but she could probably even have someone recreate the pattern digitally and have a whole bunch of customized fabric printed with which to make a never-ending number of shirts that will fit her tard at all ages. Spoonflower is a site where you can make your own custom fabric, wallpaper or wrapping paper and/or buy other people's designs. Nobody will recognize the pattern off a crappy 4-year-old Target shirt.

So, unfortunately, Moo does have options for keeping her retard placated indefinitely instead of actually PARENTING her kid and teaching her that the world will not adapt to her bad autistic habits like Mommy does. This would have been a fantastic teaching opportunity; even tards need to learn how the world works, and sometimes part of life means you outgrow your favorite clothes (or they become unwearable) and you have to learn to like other clothes. I know awtards hate change, but they have to learn to deal with it to an extent because things change in life every day and there's no way to stop it.

This Moo sounds like she's fully content to dedicate her life to ensuring her tard's world and everything in it stays the same instead of trying to teach the kid how to cope with change when it inevitably happens (just like the father in Fifty First Dates). And for what? So she doesn't have to hear a tantrum? Bitch, you rolled the dice and got an awtard. DEAL WITH IT. Who's going to take over shielding Tardlina from the whole world when Moo either dies or is no longer able to? If this girl doesn't get to experience the very common part of life known as change until she's 35 or 40, the end result isn't going to be pretty. Funny, I saw no mention of a Duh in this story. I can't imagine why a guy wouldn't want to stick with a completely sane woman like this.
OK - I'm going to try hard and not make this long-winded. Please bear with me. After spending 30 years in the nursing profession, I have only come across two - count 'em - TWO truly autistic children. One of these children was a distant relative. I spent lots of time around this little girl and I never saw her have any type of melt-down. She did not talk and did not interact with other children, but played quietly by herself. She had to be monitored because she did not really comprehend boundaries. If she saw, let's say, a puppy in a pet store window, she would just walk away from where her mother was into the pet store so she could look at the puppy. If she happened into a place where she was not suppose to be, her mother or father would say "Come on, it's time to go, "and she would comply. The only way I can describe this child is that she looked as if she were in a 'dream state,' she was there, but she wasn't there. Autism used to be something very rare, but not anymore. Must be something in the juice boxes.

I may be way off on this, but everything I ever read nowadays about these speshul little sneaux-flakes is that if they don't get whatever it is they want, stand back and wait for the mushroom cloud. But it's OK - he/she's AWWW-TISTIC!! I think that now means an incorrigible spawn of Satan that no one can control, so it's easier to give in - even if it means trolling the Internet to get Sneaux-Flake what she's jonesin' for.
Unfortunately, since modern parents are so full of themselves, they believe that when their kids misbehave, it's not because of a failure in parenting. Rather, it must be their child has something wrong with them. So parents type their children's "symptoms" into Google and come across pages describing these bad behaviors as traits of autism (kind of like when obese people Google causes of lardassery and diagnose themselves with hypothyroidism because one of the symptoms of it is weight gain and an inability to lose weight).

Since blaming their brats' behavior on a disease is FAR easier than parenting, they just do that. Breeders feel that, if their kids' bad behavior is caused by a "conduct disorder" as I've seen them called, they become absolved of all responsibility of actually trying to make their kids not be assholes. I mean come on, there's an autistic spectrum disorder called "oppositional defiant disorder" that is defined as "a disorder in a child marked by defiant and disobedient behavior to authority figures." What child ISN'T disobedient or doesn't have problems with authority at some point?! That's not a disorder, that's typical child behavior that needs to be corrected because the child doesn't know any better.

Apparently so many parents are so inept at their jobs that childhood misbehavior had to be assigned a medical name (which is recognized by the DSM, I might add). I think cases of bona fide severe pants-shitting, tantrum-throwing autism are very few and far between, but modern autism is basically synonymous with "screaming brat." This can also be a slap in the face to anyone with real autism because people will presume they're socially maladjusted retards. I have a couple friends who are autistic and I honestly didn't know until they told me (neither are on medication for it either).

I know autism exists, but these breeders who refuse to raise their kids right have given it a whole new meaning that no one will take seriously anymore. I guarantee that whatever is ailing a child with "modern autism," it's nothing that a few good slams won't cure.
nokidz_justcatz
OK - I'm going to try hard and not make this long-winded. Please bear with me. After spending 30 years in the nursing profession, I have only come across two - count 'em - TWO truly autistic children. One of these children was a distant relative. I spent lots of time around this little girl and I never saw her have any type of melt-down.

For all these supposed autistic children out there nokidz_justcatz (I would guess you've seen a ton of them) what, if anything do you think is wrong with them?
I've known of two adults who I suspect have Asperger's (so no true frame of reference) which is why I ask....
A former co-worker said "At least 90 percent of the time the correct diagnosis is B-R-A-T" and I agree.

When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s there were kids who were always misbehaving, and nobody diagnosed them with any mental disorder. They were just bad kids. They did get in trouble most of the time, but maybe the punishments were not harsh enough because they kept right on being little shits. Now it seems to be politically incorrect to ever discipline kids at all.
Parenthood is about placating a replicant monster during its waking hours so it doesn't kill you. That's pretty schizophrenic. I could get a rabid chimp and make it wear a mask of my face if I needed that level of drama.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny

When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s there were kids who were always misbehaving, and nobody diagnosed them with any mental disorder. They were just bad kids. They did get in trouble most of the time, but maybe the punishments were not harsh enough because they kept right on being little shits. Now it seems to be politically incorrect to ever discipline kids at all.

John Rosemond has interesting thoughts on this subject. He has a master's degree in counseling psychology, which he earned in 1971, and he is the first to say that psychology has really gone down the drain. It started with the shift in belief that now regards children as inherently good. Kids are really good, they just have "learning disabilities" or "ADHD" or something called "oppositional defiance disorder." I shit you not, this really exists as a "disorder." My sister and her husband who have a master's degree and PhD respectively, bought into all this tripe when their daughter was misbehaving. It goes along with all this bullshit of "re-directing" and never telling the kid no because Dawg forbid you break his/her self esteem

I didn't put up my my niece's shit and her behavior was completely different around me. Luckily she turned out okay, because of peer pressure. When nobody wanted to be around her or be her friend, she shaped up.

I believe the opposite of current psychology. Children represent the worst of humanity, as does any uncivilized person: self-centered, uncaring about anyone except themselves, lying, greedy, manipulative etc. Parents are supposed to instill a sense of empathy, discipline and respect and to rid these kids of their self-centered behavior. Not happening. We have a whole generation of kyds who are growing up with no sense of empathy to anyone except themselves.

< rant off >

Back to topic, my local news picked up this story this morning. It's nauseating how many people think this is so wonderful. The Moo looks and acts like a complete, attention-whoring twat. She's clearly loving the ride on the awwtism train and taking it just as far as it will get her.
Now wait until her child is no longer a child, but a teenager or adult where autism or any other mental disability is no longer regarded as cute. When society expects that the autistic teen/adult has learned proper social behavior despite being spoiled, coddled, and untrained during her childhood because "she can't help it". Nobody is going to go out of their way to provide t-shirts or to maintain the autistic adult's status quo, but wonder why nobody taught her that there are some things that can't be controlled and teach her the coping mechanisms in order to handle it.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
This would be charming if someone helped her find one copy of the shirt as a gift but this is way overboard. She has got to get that kid wearing a different shirt she isn't helping her by doing this.
S54 asked, "What happens if the family has to attend a wedding? A funeral? A formal event?"

I've been to some events such as those recently in which pahrunts allowed their chyldren to wear T-shirts and other completely inappropriate clothing. Formality doesn't stop them these days. This autard will get to wear her precious shirts everywhere.

One of my late father's friends died a few years ago. The informality of dress among those attending his funeral (like most other services, announced in advance in plenty of time) disturbed me greatly, but the worst was the children. A girl in her younger teens, who was certainly old enough to know better, was wearing a sweatshirt, jeans, and tennis shoes. And her hair was dyed with blue streaks. And she was with her fambly, who weren't dressed much better. I wore a suit and tie and a few others there were dressed formally, but overall the whole spectacle pissed me off, especially toward breeders.
She needs to learn that even adults can't always get their way, and that in life there are disappointments. If I were moomy, I would tell Bratalina that many people think that's the only shirt you have, and that people think you are poor and dirty. So don't you want some different ones?

I'm staunchly childfree, and I can parent and discipline brats better than breeders.
kman
.I wore a suit and tie and a few others there were dressed formally, but overall the whole spectacle pissed me off, especially toward breeders.

Ugh, can we diverge a little and talk about this? At a wake a few years ago there was a teenager in thigh-high leather boots and a miniskirt that barely ran past her beef curtains. I caught church elders ogling her. Way to grab all attention from the deceased!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Doesn't matter how formal an event is, even parents of non-retards won't make their kids dress appropriately for whatever's going on and kids don't seem to be expected to adhere to dress codes anymore either. While everyone else will be dressed properly at Uncle Dave's funeral, it'll be totally fine for the dumplings to look like they were just chewed up and regurgitated by a thrift store. Or worse, parents will let their kids wear stupid shit like Disney princess Halloween costumes because Tardlina doesn't want to stop being a princess.

Of course, leaving the brat at home is never EVER an option because, as we all know, children belong everywhere! So if this little awtard ever has to go anywhere that would require dressier clothes, she'll still be there in her shitty pink shirt. If anyone pulls the Moo aside to talk to her about it, she'll pull the autism card. She's going to have kids making awful fun of her for wearing the same thing every day. Teachers might start to express concern that her family is too poor to buy her more than one shirt. High school kids will be even more cruel to her, assuming she attends high school and isn't home-schooled.
nokidz_justcatz
OK - I'm going to try hard and not make this long-winded. Please bear with me. After spending 30 years in the nursing profession, I have only come across two - count 'em - TWO truly autistic children. Autism used to be something very rare, but not anymore. Must be something in the juice boxes.

I may be way off on this, but everything I ever read nowadays about these speshul little sneaux-flakes is that if they don't get whatever it is they want, stand back and wait for the mushroom cloud. But it's OK - he/she's AWWW-TISTIC!! I think that now means an incorrigible spawn of Satan that no one can control, so it's easier to give in - even if it means trolling the Internet to get Sneaux-Flake what she's jonesin' for.

I too am a nurse, and unless you work in the disability stream, encountering actual autism is quite rare. However, prior to being a nurse, I worked as a carer in disability for a decade. The mushroom cloud autistics are very real and very dangerous - but these types also had associated, very severe mental retardation thrown in. This meant that on top of the atomic meltdowns, you also had retardation behaviours such as fecal smearing and room temperature IQ, on top of autistic behaviours such as communication and emotional difficulties, repetition and obsessive compulsive behaviour.

Autism is grossly over diagnosed and misdiagnosed nowadays, and it's the modern day equivalent of ADHD/ODD/BS. Like many say, it's the go-to diagnosis for many who are just undisciplined brats, as true austism is rare and debilitating. Psychology, similar to Education has lost its foundations, and been corrupted by crunchy-granola, nonsensical pseudo-utopia philosophies, which arse-backwards focus is on the behaviour not the cause. Responsibility and discipline is taboo, partially for fear of legal/social/financial ramifications. So the Psychologists are given the carte blanche in pathogilising behaviours. A farcical diagnosis is used to absolves many parents from responsibilities, and it's so easy to excuse crap behaviour because bratly/lina 'is AWWWWTISTIC!!!".
Miss_Hannigan
kman
.I wore a suit and tie and a few others there were dressed formally, but overall the whole spectacle pissed me off, especially toward breeders.

Ugh, can we diverge a little and talk about this? At a wake a few years ago there was a teenager in thigh-high leather boots and a miniskirt that barely ran past her beef curtains. I caught church elders ogling her. Way to grab all attention from the deceased!

At the hotel where I work, our special occasion brunches are $85 a pop. To me, and the way I was raised, an $85 meal implies a formal dress code. But people were dressed like they just got off a boat. Jeans, sneakers, t-shirts. How am I more formally dressed in my chef whites than the people paying the $200+ checks? And one of our outlets does have a dress code that's not even that formal. Just a button-up shirt or polo and no jeans, but we have customers that flip their shit. Were these people never taught that if you're going on vacation, you need to bring at least one formal and one semi-formal outfit with you?

Not training kids early on in appropriate wear for different occasions end up biting these kids in the ass. When I was a manager of a movie theater, we did not hire the teenagers who showed up to the interview in casual wear. We were not asking for suits or anything, but khakis, dress slacks, non-denim skirts, and a button-up shirt and clean sneakers.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

paragon schnitzophonic

At the hotel where I work, our special occasion brunches are $85 a pop. To me, and the way I was raised, an $85 meal implies a formal dress code. But people were dressed like they just got off a boat. Jeans, sneakers, t-shirts. How am I more formally dressed in my chef whites than the people paying the $200+ checks? And one of our outlets does have a dress code that's not even that formal. Just a button-up shirt or polo and no jeans, but we have customers that flip their shit. Were these people never taught that if you're going on vacation, you need to bring at least one formal and one semi-formal outfit with you?

Not training kids early on in appropriate wear for different occasions end up biting these kids in the ass. When I was a manager of a movie theater, we did not hire the teenagers who showed up to the interview in casual wear. We were not asking for suits or anything, but khakis, dress slacks, non-denim skirts, and a button-up shirt and clean sneakers.

With my eczema, cotton is a must. I will however, turn up in a solid color T-shirt with no text and a solid color pair of pants, usually matching at any event remotely formal. I will also add a touch of jewelry.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!

I went on an Alaskan cruise, courtesy of a wealthy family member, a few years ago. It was a top-of the-line cruise ship-- (Holland America) definitely not in my budget. We are talking $4,000-$5,000 per person.

If you would think you would see a better class of people on something like this, and you would be wrong. I was APPALLED by how some people dressed. There was a formal dining room where people really dressed up and a cafeteria-style buffet that was still pretty upscale.

People would come to the cafeteria in their bathing suits and their bathrobes and slippers and even pajamas. One memorable family of Ma + Pa + 6 kids looked dirty, as if their clothes came from a dumpster, and their Pa was wearing a coonskin cap, indoors and out.

I have a friend whose wife is a travel agent, therefore he goes on a lot of cruises, and he reports it's pretty much the same on every cruise he's been on.

I may not be a fashionista, and I may run to the grocery story in shorts and a plain t-shirt, but I make sure my clothes fit and they and I are clean.
Too bad this is a kids brand. What happens when she outgrows the line?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."

I mentioned it earlier, but Moo could take the extra shirts (if there are any left) to a seamstress/tailor to have one custom made to fit her kid once she outgrows them normally. Or she could have someone recreate the pattern and print it out on customized fabric to make a teen-size or adult-size version. She could have a lifetime supply of this crappy flower-print fabric to make her brat endless shirts, but it would be spectacular if custom fabric pattern sites were like, "Yeah we can't do this because it's an exact rip-off of an existing design." Because you know Moo would rather go to disturbingly extraordinary lengths to placate her awtard instead of teaching her that she's too big for her crappy flower shirt and has to find something new to wear.

I've got a real easy fix for this kid: throw away all her pink shirts and slap her a few times. I guarantee her autism will magically go away once Moo quits trying so hard to accommodate her bullshit whims. I highly doubt this kid has autism - she just sounds like a severely spoiled brat in need of a reddened ass. If she throws a tantrum, fine - put a lock on the outside of her bedroom door, lock her in for a few hours and let her get it out of her system. Odds are she'll just form another unhealthy attachment to a new object, but she'll quit bitching about the fuckin' pink shirts, at least.

The only reason this brat is so nuts over these shirts of hers is because her retarded mother fully supports the kid's attachment to them so she doesn't have to hear a tantrum.
Cambion
but it would be spectacular if custom fabric pattern sites were like, "Yeah we can't do this because it's an exact rip-off of an existing design."

They're supposed to. Last I checked, custom-printed fabric also ran about $35/yard. If this moo is begging the internet for free t shirts, I'm guessing she's not going to be willing to pay $70+ a pop for them.
Cambion

I mentioned it earlier, but Moo could take the extra shirts (if there are any left) to a seamstress/tailor to have one custom made to fit her kid once she outgrows them normally. Or she could have someone recreate the pattern and print it out on customized fabric to make a teen-size or adult-size version. She could have a lifetime supply of this crappy flower-print fabric to make her brat endless shirts, but it would be spectacular if custom fabric pattern sites were like, "Yeah we can't do this because it's an exact rip-off of an existing design." Because you know Moo would rather go to disturbingly extraordinary lengths to placate her awtard instead of teaching her that she's too big for her crappy flower shirt and has to find something new to wear.

I've got a real easy fix for this kid: throw away all her pink shirts and slap her a few times. I guarantee her autism will magically go away once Moo quits trying so hard to accommodate her bullshit whims. I highly doubt this kid has autism - she just sounds like a severely spoiled brat in need of a reddened ass. If she throws a tantrum, fine - put a lock on the outside of her bedroom door, lock her in for a few hours and let her get it out of her system. Odds are she'll just form another unhealthy attachment to a new object, but she'll quit bitching about the fuckin' pink shirts, at least.

The only reason this brat is so nuts over these shirts of hers is because her retarded mother fully supports the kid's attachment to them so she doesn't have to hear a tantrum.

Like I said, I am sympathetic to the needs of the disabled. Simultaneously, I am also a believer in the power of human conditioning.

I once worked with a woman whose daughter was getting married, and made no secret of her desire to have an enormous, extremely expensive wedding... we're talking around $70K if I remember correctly. The woman was shocked that her daughter did not understand that she and her husband could not afford to spend an such an enormous sum of money.

Now, understand this... this woman's daughter never had a job growing up and was never responsible for anything. Throughout her life it was her parents who paid for her designer clothes, electronic gadgets, and bills to accompany them. She had the most expensive dress and limousine at her high school prom. When she turned 16, she was given a new car. College tuition was also paid in full.

I wasn't the least bit shocked at how this unfolded. She had been conditioned to make such a demand. It would have been out of the ordinary if she asked for a small and austere wedding.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login