Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"As a single mom..."

Posted by Cheese Louise 
Cheese Louise
"As a single mom..."
September 19, 2008
We all know how sick and tired we are of this phrase being trotted out by whiny moobitches who wear it like a Congressional Medal of Honor.

Today's fishwrap had an article about a sleazy local contractor who essentially took people's money and ran. He was arrested yesterday. There were quotes from several people who'd been duped by him, including this piece of brilliance:

"As a single mom going through the phone book and looking for a contractor, boy, did I pick the wrong one."

Her breeder status has NOTHING to do with the fact that she was taken, but of course she can't WAIT to get the irrelevant "as a single mom" in there, like it's somehow worse for her than it was for anyone else. Frankly, I wouldn't be so quick to advertise to the entire fucking world that I made a lousy choice for a breeding partner.

You could read this another, more entertaining way...she was looking for some...service... :yeah
Re: "As a single mom..."
September 19, 2008
They should have t-shirts printed up so we all know just to give them their way.
Anonymous User
September 19, 2008
I am so sick of "single moms" they need to be ashammed of that fact, NOT PROUD

Cheese , what state are you in?
September 19, 2008
Yeah...there are the single moms out there who are tough but unlucky--but do a good job in raising kids.

Then there are those like the one in the original post, who should say, instead,

"As a single mom, I realize that I have made reproductive and relationship choices that are so abysmally poor and selfish and flat stupid that I should give the kid up for adoption to someone actually competent, and put myself in a nunnery so that I won't get pregnant again or spread STDs."
September 19, 2008
You're supposed to feel sorry for her that if she was married, her husband would have magically been able to figure out from the yellow pages which contractors were dishonest. Or, contractors ONLY rip off single mothers. They wouldn't have DARED if a man was in the house.

Stupid assholes, all of them. They might as well be Harvard students... That is not a compliment, coming from me.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
September 19, 2008
I remember when I was at work and a woman there got upset when she found out how much was being taken out of her paycheck for 401K. She had recently signed up for 401K contributions, but she started crying when she saw her paycheck and how much less it was. I told her "look, I did 401K contributions and my last job and saved a nice little nest egg". She started screaming at me: "BUT I AM A SINGLE MOM, YOU AREN'!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ME, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" She was a raving bitch. Its not my fault that I chose to not screw up my life the way she did.
September 19, 2008
They play that single mawm card every fucking chance they get with the hopes it will garner sympathy from whomever they're dealing with.

A friend of ours is a contractor/home builder/remodeler and he said you wouldn't believe the propositions he gets from all the single women with kids out there who want work done for free.
September 19, 2008
"As a single mom..." just cancels out the rest of the statement as coming from someone with chronic bad judgement or the kind of personality disorder that drives people away.

"As a single mom, doing eeny-meeny-miney-mo across an entire phone book of plumbing contractors is as good as my judgement gets."

"As a single mom, I have absolutely no standards of behaviour and will do anything for attention. For a dollar I'll let you see my snatch."

"As a single mom, I know what it's like to have to survive on food stamps. That's why I'm campaigning for the glue on the backs of the food stamps to be strawberry flavored."

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
September 19, 2008
I know breeders who are tired with ads that start out like that.
CF Uter
September 19, 2008
I went out w/ my GF the other night, and she is a (not a single) moo of a 6 month old. She started almost every topic with, "As a mother now,....."

I listened, and tried not to get weary, but it was hard. I don't know if I will ever initiate any outings again. I can't lose yet another fried to the kool-aid, can I?
Anonymous User
September 19, 2008
God, how I hate that term and what it stands for today.
September 19, 2008
"As a single martyr, it is really difficult for me to nail all my limbs down".

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
September 19, 2008
I hate when a breeder starts a sentence with, 'As a parent", or, "As a mother", or "As a divorced father", or "As a single mom of two".........ESPECIALLY when their parental or marital status has NOTHING to do with the subject matter at hand and is totally out of context. One politican in my area was commenting on a recent mismanagement of funds by a county operated Civil War memorial park, which is in NO WAY considered a "famblee" related industry. It's more of a smallish local attraction for visiting history buffs and the occasional high school field trip. There's a local ghost hunting group who holds meetings there every month, but they are some kooky adults.

Anyway, he starts his comment on the news with, "As a husband and father, I am appalled that the officers of this memorial have so poorly mismanaged the federal funds allocated for the upkeep of this establishment...." Out of ALL of the reader comments, only one person commented, " Respectfully,I don't see where your being a husband or father has anything to do with federal funds being wrongly allocated". I hear this shit all of the time. A new second hand shop can open and the owner will say in an ad, "As a wife and mother, I understand how paying full price can be tough". ??????? I would think that so would a bum on the street, a bachelor, and elderly widow living alone, a CF couple, a divorced woman, ANYONE should be able to "understand" that without having to be a "wife and mother".

I think it's just ONE MORE WAY that they are letting the WHOLE world know that they have kyds and should be rewarded by your loyal support. Otherwise, why don't people say, "As a childfree lesbian who has no significant other and who is currently estranged from her family and church because of her lifestyle, I can understand how important saving money on the monthly budget can be". No one says that because ANY lifestlye other than the one which includes CHYLDREN, is of no significance to the general population at large. We are non existent to them until they need our money or babysitting services in one form or another.
September 19, 2008
I am going to start all my sentences with, "as a childfree woman"
I wonder how long it will take for people to get pissed at me?
September 19, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate when a breeder starts a sentence with, 'As
> a parent", or, "As a mother", or "As a divorced
> father", or "As a single mom of
> two".........ESPECIALLY when their parental or
> marital status has NOTHING to do with the subject
> matter at hand and is totally out of context.

AHA! Yes. In exactly the same way I lose my rag when the media refers to a woman in a news story -- any woman -- a victim of crime, a movie star, a business woman, a moo, a football fan, a passerby -- any woman -- by the colour of her HAIR. HAIR denoting status of sexual availability.

"Alice, 24, was repairing the broken chain on her bicycle in the park that afternoon. The petite brunette was approached by a man with a dog who told her that there was a repair shop one block away."

"The 32-year old blonde was promoted to senior executive at the firm after just 12 months."

"No one suspected that the tall brunette would be arrested later that night for grievous bodily harm."

I ask you. Why don't they refer to MEN in that way? "The 30-year old blonde was offered the role of Director and he accepted it immediately."

As for parenting status, it's MEANT to denote honesty, integrity, sympathy and groundedness.... yeah, to other parents. Not to sane people with an ounce of sense.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
That CF Chick
September 19, 2008
Women, real and fictional, are also known by their relationship to others, although often it's because they want it to be that way. Men are just themselves, but women are wives, mothers and daughters.

http://writerious.blogspot.com/2007/01/publishing-where-men-are-men-and-women.html
September 19, 2008
"As for parenting status, it's MEANT to denote honesty, integrity, sympathy and groundedness"

Hm. I agree, that's the common misconception...but seems to me childfreeness denotes those values more than parenthood.

Honesty: CF listen to and acknowledge to their inner inclinations that question the societal LifeScript.

Integrity: CF follow those inclinations in the face of overwhelming opposition to their choice from friends, family, church, work, and society.

Sympathy: CF people can see without illusions the hell some parents create for themselves, and are honest enough to recognize it for what it is--a 20-year (or more) jail sentence.

Groundedness: CF people don't swallow the truckloads of hypocritical sentimentality that load up the whole act of having children. They are too smart, too independent, and too grounded in reality, not fantasy, to buy it.
CF Uter
September 19, 2008
I don't get why they even say that since MOST people are parunts at one time or another of their lifetimes, as we CF are always reminded since people act like we have a horn out of our head when we tell people we don't have kyds.
September 19, 2008
Good statement on the CF clematis.

I can't even begin to guess how much I heard that crap from my ex. It was if she wanted a medal or wanting the world to give her a medal for being a single moo. Not my fault that she "oopsed" hubby and he threw her ass out on the streeet.

My ex roomate would pull that crap too. Not my fault she couldn't keep her legs together and mucked around with a married man who was a deadbeat and never paid support for his spawn.

This crap with invoking motherhood really chaps my hide.
September 19, 2008
If I was stupid enough to get knocked up, or even more stupid to get knocked up without being married, or THE most stupid and actually had the kyd, I would be ashamed and speak in a way that didn't give away my single, never been married status. I wish it was like it was back in the 50's as depicted in that movie, Peyton Place. Lana Turner's character suffered HORRIBLE scandal and shame when her daughter found out that her deceased father was actually her mother's alive and well MARRIED lover, and that she had been not only conceived out of wedlock, but her mother was also a whore and adulteress to boot. It was SO shameful to be a single moo back then that women often left town and came back with a baby and made up a lifelong lie about how they had a whirlwind romance/marriage and their husband had been killed in a tragic accident or in the war or something.

I prefer the lifelong lie about it to the outright PRIDE these whores seem to derive from being sluts.
September 19, 2008
I'm with you, kidless kim!
September 19, 2008
Oh gawds, I particularly hate commercials that start with "As a moo..."!

There was one for Nutella not too long ago. "As a moo, I know the importance of a nutritious breakfast", or something like that. Yeah, because CF & CL people are all morons who don't care about their health. Hey, it's not like we have a REASON to, since we don't have KYYYYYDS! Whatever.

There are a couple of ads that are driving me up the wall these days, for Bath Fitter. They don't start with "As a moo...", but the bitch in them is all "Not being able to use our bathroom for a whole week, with a 8 y.o. CHYYYYYLD in the house? Oh noes!"

I guess CF people don't shower or bathe, and we piss and shit in the backyard too.

Here are the vomitous ads in question. You'll want to punch those idiot twats in the face, I promise:

Click on "A new bathroom in one day" :

http://www.bathfitter.com/commerciale/commercials_2007.html

Click on "Child’s Play" :

http://www.bathfitter.com/commerciale/commercials.html

(I recommend you also check out "Work Of Art", just for kicks. What a fucking worthless, braindead loser!)
September 19, 2008
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh gawds, I particularly hate commercials that
> start with "As a moo..."!
>
> There was one for Nutella not too long ago. "As a
> moo, I know the importance of a nutritious
> breakfast", or something like that. Yeah, because
> CF & CL people are all morons who don't care about
> their health. Hey, it's not like we have a REASON
> to, since we don't have KYYYYYDS! Whatever.
>
> There are a couple of ads that are driving me up
> the wall these days, for Bath Fitter. They don't
> start with "As a moo...", but the bitch in them is
> all "Not being able to use our bathroom for a
> whole week, with a 8 y.o. CHYYYYYLD in the house?
> Oh noes!"
>
> I guess CF people don't shower or bathe, and we
> piss and shit in the backyard too.
>
> Here are the vomitous ads in question. You'll want
> to punch those idiot twats in the face, I
> promise:
>
> Click on "A new bathroom in one day" :
>
> http://www.bathfitter.com/commerciale/commercials_
> 2007.html
>
> Click on "Child’s Play" :
>
> http://www.bathfitter.com/commerciale/commercials.
> html
>
> (I recommend you also check out "Work Of Art",
> just for kicks. What a fucking worthless,
> braindead loser!)

I hate that shit too. There is one commercial playing on cable lately about some new kiddie electric tooth brush where the spokesperson introduces herself, kid in tow, first as a moomie who is happy with the product, and THEN as a DENTIST. As a MOOMIE (at home in a moomie setting) she likes it, but as a denist (in her office all white coated up) she highly recommends it.eye rolling smiley It reminds me of other similar ones where it's for a kiddie cough syrup or something and the slogan goes, "Doctor recommended and mother approved".
noduh
September 19, 2008
http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/i-support-single-moms/
September 19, 2008
Those bathroom ads were special. The woman in the 1st one with the 8-year-old wouldn't last 5 minutes in 19th century pioneer Michigan. Pioneers took baths once a week on Saturdays--at most. Many never bathed, or only in a stream once in a while in the summer. Wimpy mommy would have been thrown to the wolves.

Also, I much preferred the funky pinkish tub in "Work of Art" to the bland white one. And if they just cover up the old tub...meh, that's too jerry-rigged; I would worry about those inter-tub spaces getting all icky and moldy and so on.

Our hot water went out when the rainy remnants of Hurricane Ike made it up to Michigan last weekend. I heated a pot of water on the gas stove and took a sponge bath in the tub and, somehow, who knows how, survived.

Those are my opinions on this matter. grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login