Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The little freak plays with dead animals and they think she is "gifted"

Posted by kidlesskim 
The little freak plays with dead animals and they think she is "gifted"
September 22, 2008
"My 3 year old daughter likes dead animals. I don't know what it is, but so far I've caught her carrying around a dead mole, and a dead baby bird (cat kill)... Both times she went into great detail about her "friend". I have tried explaining to her that she needs to not touch them, offered to bury the bird, but she gets this awful hurt look "but it's my friend" on her face. I've been taking the little dead bodies away and getting rid of them anyway (obviously!)... but is there a more gentle way of talking to her about this??"

Moomies comment:

"It sounds like your dd is uniquely sensitive and gifted!"

"I just think there's something really special about an individual who doesn't cringe away from sadness, suffering, and death. There's a hurting world that needs more people who, like your daughter, don't cringe and back away, but actually move in with compassion and a desire to help.

"I'm a momma myself, so I do understand your concerns -- I just think she has some sort of special calling and she needs your support. Congratulations, you have a very special child!"

shrug Okay, if the kyd was looking at, poking around, or picking them up out of curiosity, I would think that was normal and perhaps showed a sign of some sort of a natural propensity for a potential future scientific field of study. However, playing with dead animals, carrying them around, and not wanting to bury them after she has been made to understand that they are dead, and calling them "her friend", is just plain weird. That one comment about how she wants to show compassion and wants to "help' makes no sense if the child understands that the animal is dead, which it seems like she does, or should. If she was compassionate then she would want to bury it and she should understand that once it's dead, she can't "help" it. God only knows what shit she has hidden in her toy box. I hope they don't take her to any funerals anytime soon, or they might look up to find her taking a nap with Great Aunt Hilda, inside the coffin.
What the fuck? How the hell does playing with dead animals make her "gifted"? shrug
CherryBlossom:

Easy. She wants to become 'gifted' in the art of Necromancy, and has already begun
learning the basics...
Re: The little freak plays with dead animals and they think she is "gifted"
September 22, 2008
And she's going to be gifted with all kinds of nasty germs and diseases she gets from the rotting animal bodies, too!doh face
September 22, 2008
I swear these moomies could take a case of animal torture and transform it into a case of a budding biologist.

The average yard doesn't have a bunch of dead animals lying around in it, "cat" or no. Is she killing them? My, how charming. Any freak who carries dead animals around, whether she killed them or no, needs to be taught (since she's clearly too dim to get it on her own) that that is gross and unsanitary. You don't want the "bugs" that immediately attack a dead animal to get in your house. Or *I* don't, anyways...who knows about these people.
September 22, 2008
I think she should be allowed to do this with abandon.
September 22, 2008
"I'm a momma myself, so I do understand your concerns -- I just think she has some sort of special calling and she needs your support. Congratulations, you have a very special child!"

I was kind of trying to figure out what type of "calling" this one means. The only "calling" I could think of involving dead animals might be taxidermy, but I don't think professional taxidermists refer to their artwork as "friends". I wonder if she thinks this weirdo is one of the sensitive Indigo or Rainbow kyds?
Ultra-sensitive - yes, but gifted?

I swear, gifted is the word the mommies use when they can't explain their little snowflakes fucked-up behavior.
dont serial killers love playing with dead animals
Hmmmmmm. I wonder if they really were cat kills. She might have a perfect, little, sensitive, indigo, crystal, snowflake, gifted, sociopath on her hands. These people are delusional!
September 22, 2008
I'm sure she's special...real, real small bus special. I'd agree that she should be encouraged to play often with dead, rotting animals...and I'd go one further and encourage her to also taste them.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
You know, I think I'd go into cardiac arrest if a breeder actually said, "You know what? My kid has been doing [insert weird behavior here] for a while now. I think my child might be kind of fucked up." But no. It doesn't matter what the little angel does, whether it's picking up dead animals and referring to them as 'friends', or smearing poop on their faces, or trying to drown their sibling in the bathtub. Breeders inevitably will still refer to their crotchlings as "special".

"Oh, but little Shitney is 'gifted', 'special', 'unique', 'curious', 'misunderstood', (or my personal favorite) 'autistic'!".

Feh, your comment about encouraging her to taste them had me cracking up. grinning smiley
September 22, 2008
I wonder what happens when Snookums finds a dead bat...will she develop a potentially gifted case of rabies? smiling smiley

Why is the term 'gifted' used to describe crazy people? And yes, I do think this kid is nuts in the head. Normal children do not call animal carcasses their friends. I know it might upset a kid to see a dead animal, which I could see as being a reason for not wanting to bury the animal (maybe). But yeah...this girl is not mentally stable. I'd bet she tries to get a job one day working in the morgue just so she can make friends with all the dead folks, or working in a veterinary clinic and making more dead animals and saying the animals died in surgery/of an aneurysm/got ill all of a sudden and needed to be put down.

This is our future, ladies and gentlemen...people who befriend dead animals.
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
You don't want the "bugs"
> that immediately attack a dead animal to get in
> your house. Or *I* don't, anyways...who knows
> about these people.

I bet that they don't care about bugs because the kids probably shit all over the floor while moomie fishes in the toilet for a potential miscarriage.
September 22, 2008
This dead animal thing really bothers me because it's just downright scary and creepy. I think what bothers me the most is the "they are my friends" part, more so than her holding them, but both are strange behavior. I know when I was about 4 and my cat got run over and I saw it's dead little body, I had NO DESIRE to touch it and she was my pet and I loved her very much. I think it is an inborn natural human instinct to not want to hold dead things, play with dead things, and to understand that what's left is only the shell of what or who it was that you loved. It is natural ( or it was for me) to want the kitty put in a box and buried and to remember her when she was alive and playful, NOT her lifeless body and blank stare of death. I dunno, maybe I am the one with the problem because I don't even like to look at dead bodies in the funeral home, not because I am afraid, but because that person is no longer there and it would be like getting excited over an empty taco shell if I was hungry.
September 22, 2008
wake up you morons, your kid is on her way to becoming a serial killer.
She is not gifted, she is disturbed.
get that girl some help.
September 22, 2008
I'm actually pretty fascinated by medicine, the whole death aspect of it. I would never let a kid do some of the things i do with my "collection". It's nothing gross.
September 22, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> I'm actually pretty fascinated by medicine, the
> whole death aspect of it. I would never let a kid
> do some of the things i do with my "collection".
> It's nothing gross.

So am I actually, but my interest lies in the documentaries, the reading materials, and perhaps in another life in a clinical and medical setting of the hands on nature. However, I wouldn't want to cuddle or carry around dead pets or any other animal, sleep with my dead husband's body, or perform an autospy on my mother or a necropsy any of "my friends".tongue sticking out smiley I guess I am not "gifted" like this little weirdo. Seriously though, this child is exhibiting disturbing behavior at a very young age and they really need to get to the root of it before it escalates. She is NOT "gifted" NOR does she have a special "calling", unless perhaps you count the whispers of the voices which will undoubtedly be telling her what to do in the near future. KREEPY KYDS freak me out.
September 22, 2008
When did "gifted" begin to mean "retarded?" Did I miss the memo?

It sounds like Gifted Sproglina doesn't understand what death is, something that I learned from having pet cats since they day I was born. I'm with you kidlesskim, no matter how much I may have loved a cat when it was alive, once it is dead I want its body in the ground as fast as possible. A dead body is not a cuddly friend.
I can see her maybe having empathy, but this whole thing sounds kind of sick. I cannot see why she is considered "gited". Man these moos will grab any straw. The person telling moo that her snowflake is "uniquely sensitive and gifted" is doing no one any favours. Neither is the moo who tells her that Snowflake has a "spayshul calling".
September 23, 2008
We have problems in Michigan with dead animals being eaten by fish or birds. The carcasses contain botulism, which then infects the animal eating the carcass. Big fish kills and bird die-offs have been the result. The strain of botulism in the carcasses, type E, is one that can potentially harm people (although less commonly than other strains).

Dead carcasses are nothing to touch or handle. This girl is playing with fire. Botulism info: http://www.miseagrant.umich.edu/habitat/avian-botulism-faq.html#whyconcerned
LoveToLurk Wrote:
> When did "gifted" begin to mean "retarded?" Did I
> miss the memo?
>

Hi LoveToLurk,

If you have a gifted program at the school you teach at, check out the kids in it. Often their social skills are on the same plane as the children in the special ed room. Gifted kids are often socially retarded. The kid in this story is probably not gifted, just really fucked up! smiling smiley
September 23, 2008
I was reading through the "Parenting gifted children" forum on a breeder site the other day and laughed the whole way through. It ended up being a moomie war about who was "gifted" and who was not. Then a childless teacher and moomie wannabee who was "ttc(trying to conceive) REALLY pissed them off. She said that among teachers they have a saying. "If the parent thinks the child is gifted, then he most likely isn't". She of course got bingo'd to death about how WHEN SHE BECOMES A MOTHER, she will "just know". Even a seasoned and trained teacher can't possibly understand or gauge "gifted" kyds, unless she has given birth.

Somebody, my guess would be a troll, asked them POINT BLANK, "How did you know your kid was gifted, did you just decide it or was he tested?, among some other inflammatory stuff, and the flood gates opened wide. Among some of the ways they knew that Shitford was "gifted" are as follows;

1)At 14 months he was dividing up his leggos into similar colors
2)As a newborn he looked in my direction when I spoke, so he recognized my voice
3)At 9 months he was trying to sit up
4)At 20 months he was interested in maps and could point to the road where we lived
5)At 11 months after watching his favorite kiddie educational show about colors, he pointed to a banana and said, "ello", so he could recognize and understand color names
6)At 4 years old he was looking through books and trying to read and knew his ABC's and could count to 30
7) At 6 years of age she pecked out a tune on the piano and she has never had a lesson

on and on and on and on and on, but CLEARLY no "gifted" in the crowd.
Oh Kim, that is hysterical! I was laughing so much as your post. I can only imagine what the actual thread is like. smiling smiley
kidlesskim Wrote:

> 3)At 9 months he was trying to sit up

confused smiley

One of the girls at work has a 6 month old who already sits up. Though he's actually not bad for a baby, very laid back and quiet, is he a genius? I think not!

I've got to go with LoveToLurk here, since when did retarded become synonymous with gifted?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login