Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IVF for women over 50 (India)

Posted by owlwoman 
IVF for women over 50 (India)
May 25, 2017
I know this report is about women in India, but this practice is becoming much more common, and readily accepted, by geezer breeders in the US. I turn 50 next year--just reading this made me shudder.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/controversial-ivf-doctor-gives-hope-older-indian-women-042822627.html
Re: IVF for women over 50 (India)
May 25, 2017
"Gurjeet is the child Kaur yearned for desperately, after 40 years of being that thing which a rural Indian woman dreads more than almost anything else — barren."

Interesting because I would say I dread being pregnant and being forced to carry a parasite full term more than almost anything else.
May 25, 2017
How can this be in INDIA? Aren't there more people there than anywhere else?????
May 26, 2017
mr. neptune
How can this be in INDIA? Aren't there more people there than anywhere else?????

That's what I was thinking. People's enslavement to the "must have children at all costs" mentality obliterates rational thinking.
May 26, 2017
mr. neptune
I think their population is approaching a billion. I think breederism is pushed hard there, I remember reading from CF Indians that the pressure to breed is enormous.
May 26, 2017
mr. neptune

Women are second class in India. They're only valued for their incubator abilities. That's why female infanticide through abandonment and abortion is so high, because women cost money to raise, then they get married and become part of their husband's family. They bring no value to their parents.
May 26, 2017
Peace
mr. neptune

Women are second class in India. They're only valued for their incubator abilities. That's why female infanticide through abandonment and abortion is so high, because women cost money to raise, then they get married and become part of their husband's family. They bring no value to their parents.

The women are also expected to take care of relatives of the husband as they age. So they are also valued for their ability to wipe butts (adults and children) and clean. And if the husband and wife move to the US then you can be sure there is a good chance his relatives will arrive and expect to life with them and be taken care of unless they have another son in India who they are living with already.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login