Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos With No Goals?

Posted by bree van de kamp 
Moos With No Goals?
May 26, 2017
I don't understand young Moos who have no goals outside of marriage and children.
They tend to get married at insanely young ages and they have no desire to complete an education.
I don't have a problem with women staying home with their kids. I just think it's sad when women marry in their late teens and do nothing but raise babies. It's not 1940. What will those types do if their husbands die or leave them? They won't be able to support themselves since they have no education or work experience. They tend to have at least 3 kids and sometimes I think it's out of boredom. I have seen many women like this have 5 or more kids.
Re: Moos With No Goals?
May 26, 2017
They think they're special and won't be part of a statistic of women who get left behind when their husbands leave them for a younger model that hasn't had kids or just outright die. And when it does happen, they'll put up a GoFundMe.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
May 27, 2017
Probably because they're too dumb/lazy to know how to do anything else or to even want to try to do anything else. A woman's intelligence level is inversely proportional to how many children she has: if she's smart or has an average intelligence level, she may have anywhere from zero to two kids (1-2 I'd say is an "average" number and then they learn to fucking stop). If she's a moron, she'll just keep on popping them out so she can be a lifelong ass wiper instead of going out into the world and doing something that's genuinely useful. Having brats means always having an excuse to not better yourself because society as a whole feels that breeding is the greatest achievement you can accomplish.

Not to mention that there is NOTHING that compares to breeding in the accolades department. Nothing you could ever do will get you more attention, free stuff, or praise than having kids and it happens to be something that requires absolutely no effort, so it's a first choice for useless people who can't do anything else and these are the women who start popping them out before they turn 20 and just don't stop until they hit menopause. Mind you, having kids takes no effort. Raising them properly does. Most parents just want to have kids for the bragging rights, but don't really want to raise them because it requires work.

Stupid women seem to believe that once they snag a man and breed with him, they're set for life. Sure, they might get brat support (unless the guy just doesn't pay it), but that's not enough to live on when he inevitably flies the coop. So these women will attempt to enter the work force (if they don't feel they're too special to work, that is), but then they'll just say that they're qualified for every single job to ever exist simply because they're parents when they haven't done any real work in over a decade. I'm sure they're very impressed with their own "achievements," but an employer needs a little more on a resume than "I'm a mommy".

Odds are they'll just go on welfare when their men leave them because taking other people's money is much better than earning their own, and I'm sure just about all of them feel they "deserve" it for the "hard work" they do, and by "hard work," I mean putting forth something that vaguely resembles minimal effort in raising their kids.
May 27, 2017
bree van de kamp
It's not 1940. What will those types do if their husbands die or leave them? They won't be able to support themselves since they have no education or work experience. more kids.

My parents personally knew five - count 'em, five - women whose husbands died or were permanently rendered unable to work because of illness or accidents, and it motivated them to make sure I had marketable skills. It pissed me off that they made me take typing instead of a second year of Dramatic Arts in high school, but now I'm forever grateful for their foresight. If I hadn't had the skills to get a job that paid enough to live on, I would have needed to stay with two (in succession) less than stellar husbands. Instead I was able to leave and put food on my own table. Not exactly what Mom and Dad had in mind, but there it is.
May 27, 2017
I can't get my head around this concept either. How can they not want anything beyond childcare? No drive for career? Art? Vocation? Anything? Being a mom would be fucking mind-melting. How can one have no other ambitions?

The outcome that's even sadder, though, is one that happened to someone I knew in college: the young woman who went to college, got an expensive hard-science degree with plans for grad school...then cranked out four children as soon as she got married. No job since the stick turned blue. No real talk of returning to work and/or school. I don't think she was out to get her MRS degree at all. I think she got back to her backward-thinking über-Catholic family and just didn't escape their orbit. That degree has been gathering dust for twenty or so years now...she had ambitions, once...
May 27, 2017
My best decision (even though I was born this way) was to be childfree. My second best decision was to get an engineering degree. So while they are stuck dealing with bullshit my bow tie wearing, heavily makeuped ass is having all of the fun. I might work long hours and I might be completely bananas but nobody owns me and because I can take care of myself nobody ever will.

So they can take their lack of ambition and their crap that they throw accusing me of being a failure as a woman and come back in twenty years and see who is having the better life. And when they realize that they are less than a footnote on the citation on the story of a total wanker's life because they have never truly lived and experienced anything except for a slow grind to oblivion people like me will be standing there doing things considered unachievable. So lurking moos, keep pumping them out and falling further into the hole because by not actually living you are making it easier for a freak like me to live well because you are purposefully taking yourself out of competition (and producing brats that will only be leaches like you) so my slice of the pie gets that much larger because you make me look good.

Freedom is not the ability to do nothing while someone else takes care of you. Freedom is the ability to be able to take care of oneself in any situation. They will never have this. I do not view the need to be successful and ambitious as something extra but as the only way to survive in this world. I don't live my life the way I do because of shallow consumerism or vanity, I live this way because it makes me truly happy. I know what it is like to work on the edges of human knowledge and the thrill that comes from discovery and any financial reward from this situation is just an added bonus.

I make a living using my brain, and unlike looks will not fade until I am too old to properly give a fuck. Not that I give a fuck right now.

Tl;dr I am mostly in control of my life because I chose to go in a field where I can live well. I don't rely on anyone else to take care of me. And I plan on always being as independent as possible.
May 28, 2017

Freedom is not the ability to do nothing while someone else takes care of you. Freedom is the ability to be able to take care of oneself in any situation. They will never have this.

****applause***** ^

I think women who marry young and "retire" to raise kids are simply afraid. It takes a lot of work to become a grownup. Think of everything one must do to become an autonomous person, usually between the ages of 20-30

--figure out who you are, outside of your parents***
---live alone and support yourself
---get a life skill so you can take care of yourself

It's hard, and many women take the socially-approved route of latching onto a mayn and pumping out brats. Problem solved, or problem postponed if you are left later in life and can't support yourself. .

***It always makes me sad to see people in their early 20's getting married and pumping out brats. Obviously this affects the life of the man as well. Many of the people who do this are religious.

IMNSHO, everyone needs a period of time of emancipation from his/her parents where he/she can figure who they are. Heaven forbid that you'd have a little freedom in your life. But many people can't handle a life without someone telling them what to do: they go from Sky Daddy and Mommy/Daddy to Wifey or Husband (or kids! since most are undisciplined shits these days) calling the shots in their lives.

My SIL,who has been a SAHM for 25+ years, often tells me smugly that she "has it made" because she is honestly the stereotypical housewife who sleeps until 11 every day and reads romance novels, husband turns over the paycheck, the whole bit.

Hey, there's no denying the modern workplace and economy totally suck but I'm personally glad I've worked the last 30+ years. I've exercised my brain. I have skills and I can support myself. I'm getting MY OWN pension. And while I'm married, I am with DH because I CHOOSE to be, not because I have to be. And it makes a difference in our relationship. I've been with the in-laws and heard the same SIL and my MIL say bullshit such as, "not every marriage is equal....it's always 49/51 percent...." when they talk about their husbands unilaterally making decisions about money, etc. My DH and I are in an equal partnership, and I don't think it's a coincidence.
May 29, 2017
bell_flower
Hey, there's no denying the modern workplace and economy totally suck but I'm personally glad I've worked the last 30+ years. I've exercised my brain. I have skills and I can support myself. I'm getting MY OWN pension. And while I'm married, I am with DH because I CHOOSE to be, not because I have to be. And I think is makes a difference in our relationship. I've been with the in-laws and heard the same SIL and my MIL say bullshit such as, "not every marriage is equal....it's always 49/51 percent...." when they talk about their husbands unilaterally making decisions about money, etc. My DH and I are in an equal partnership, and I don't think it's a coincidence.

Oh, it's not a coincidence, not at all. You value yourself, and your spouse values your opinion because you're a human being and an equal partner in your marriage. My parents had a marriage like that, and it's the model I grew up with. That's the biggest reason I am twice-divorced: I couldn't find a man who was content being an equal, or who sustained the sentiment past the 15-year mark. My second husband started out being a co-equal partner (although early on he abandoned all pretense of helping around the house). Around year 15, after we had moved to California where his uncles lived, he started getting bossy. My mistake was quitting work when he asked me to because it was "putting him into a high tax bracket." The moment I stopped working, he started throwing his weight around in the marriage, saying things like "I believe in the Golden Rule. The one who has the gold makes the rules." And although I kept the house well and always had dinner ready when he got home, he started accusing me of just "sitting around the house eating bonbons all day."

So I left, moved back to Arizona, and got a great job at the U of A and never looked back. Now I enjoy my retirement with Social Security and a pension from the State, and I chart my own course. Now I want nothing to do with men and am far better off than I was in the days when I had to please a partner. Marriage is not what it's cracked up to be, and you can never know how your spouse is going to feel about the relationship in 10 years.
May 29, 2017
skyeyes
My second husband started out being a co-equal partner (although early on he abandoned all pretense of helping around the house). Around year 15, after we had moved to California where his uncles lived, he started getting bossy. My mistake was quitting work when he asked me to because it was "putting him into a high tax bracket." The moment I stopped working, he started throwing his weight around in the marriage, saying things like "I believe in the Golden Rule. The one who has the gold makes the rules." And although I kept the house well and always had dinner ready when he got home, he started accusing me of just "sitting around the house eating bonbons all day."

Well, which is it? He wanted you to quit work or keep working? So, you stop working because of your income tax bracket and his wishes and then he has the gall to treat you this way because he couldn't make up his mind. Sounds like an attempt to control you and appease his own unhappiness. Really glad you cut that one away!
May 30, 2017
bell-flower: I think I feel sorry for the kids you mentioned in your quote. I am willing to be they are just a 'moo appendage'.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 01, 2017
This describes my mother. She even said it out loud to me when I was very little and asking all about life. How she also feels smug to have finally caught a provider to take care of her. And she presented it as "what all females do" adding that I too am a female and if I'm lucky someday someone will take care of me.

Gag a maggot even when I was 3! She really thought she was getting out of hard work. And in her cult, the men are praised for keeping their women in good comfort, so my dad takes some ego boost from having a dependent in the house long after his kids are gone.

And I'm like, "You could have retired so much sooner..." But my mother has been making noises since I was in middle school, like, "I don't know what I'm going to do once you kids leave the house, I'll be alone with your father!" And both of us kids said, "The man you married? And...?"

And then after we left home, as his retirement approached, "I don't know WHAT I'm going to do when he's home all day! Ah!!!" I have no sympathy, you chose him, not because of who he is, but so that you wouldn't be an old maid any longer. Should have chosen better! My dad deserves someone who wants him around.

But she acts like a teen who is just SO over those parents who are always in her house. Grow up, lady! I did!

Yeah, gainfully employed since before the day she got rid of me, glad I can support myself, glad of who I chose to marry, and I'm going to really enjoy spending my retirement with my genuine best friend.
June 11, 2017
I grew up in bumfuck nowhere and you'd be amazed how fucking pervasive this thinking is even among young people. Seriously. Almost every girl I went to high school with (and I only graduated about six years ago) has grown up to be useless. They all have at least three kids and post endlessly on Facebook about whatever their "hubby" does and pictures of their ugly brats and how being a MAAAHHHMM is the hardest job in the world...and not much else. I cannot imagine how mind numbing that existence is. To never have to do anything--or want to do anything--besides sit at home on the Internet surrounded by brats while getting fat and bitching about how hard everything is.
June 11, 2017
Cutting through the horseshit that is 'empowered' SAHM's, we all know that it's a sweet gig. Unlike the actual responsible parents of yesteryear whom actually put effort into raising kids, the vast majority of SAHM simply don't give a rat's ass.

With the advent of easy to access entertainment, microwavable, vague food chemicals, and automation of chores, their lives are one big couch sitting exercise. In their minds, as long as their wallet brings in the paycheck, why would they want even work. Hell, they even get a regular pay from companies and governments for merely pushing out shrieking clumps.
As for hubby fleeing, well who cares, as child endowments carries them over till they find the next wallet sperm donor.

Lemme see, do they work their asses off and put themselves through college, only to get up at 5am to drive to some bottom of the rung job, with a college debt that takes decades to pay off? Or simply open their legs, and then let the taxpayer fund them repeatedly to sit on their ample ass, and low on social media?

Unfortunately, our society doesn't reward the hardworking, but rather the leeches and parasites.
June 12, 2017
skyeyes
My mistake was quitting work when he asked me to because it was "putting him into a high tax bracket." The moment I stopped working, he started throwing his weight around in the marriage...
Marriage is not what it's cracked up to be, and you can never know how your spouse is going to feel about the relationship in 10 years.

The same happened to me. I think that it was bell_flower who wrote that "human nature tends to get very comfortible with someone who has no choice" (= with housewife who *cannot* leave). I believe that this is 99% true. There are very few men who truly appreciate what their partner does for them. When you give up your career for your partner, it's a gamble and the odds are not in your favor.
I am self-sufficient and I feel much better. I don't have to take shit from anyone.
June 12, 2017
mrs. chinaski
skyeyes
My mistake was quitting work when he asked me to because it was "putting him into a high tax bracket." The moment I stopped working, he started throwing his weight around in the marriage...
Marriage is not what it's cracked up to be, and you can never know how your spouse is going to feel about the relationship in 10 years.

I am self-sufficient and I feel much better. I don't have to take shit from anyone.

Yup, I'm happily single now, too. I can run my life the way I want to. I wish I'd learned this lesson at 18 instead of at 41, but hey, I guess there has to be some point to getting older.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login