Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baybees make new moos "invisible"

Posted by cfdavep 
Baybees make new moos "invisible"
June 07, 2017
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/m/4c2ef2e2-0028-3f09-9aa4-f32d8a0cc53a/ss_how-a-mom-used-her-earrings.htmlMoo

Moo went around with one earring for months after sprogging and no one noticed. So she concluded that being a moo makes you invisible, which is not so suprising since most people see women as moos. The commenters jump on her and say she is mentally ill and high maintence and it is all about baybee anyway so get used to it
Re: Baybees make new moos "invisible"
June 07, 2017
The original Fakebook post is gone so I can't see the comments.

It's just another typical FFS yahoo post. Here's her conclusion:

Although many new moms can relate and may even smile in recognition, Anastasia made it clear that the point of her post wasn't to be funny but instead to send a message. "If today you are feeling overwhelmed, invisible or like you don't matter, you do. You are so important and are probably the cog that keeps everything running smoothly," she wrote. "Keep up the good work, and if no one else says it to you this week, know that you are invaluable in the work you do and your sacrifices do not go unnoticed."

You know, I show up to my job every day and I don't expect a fucking medal. Someone doesn't have to tell me I'm doing a good job all the time.

If only Moos were so inclined.
June 07, 2017
Wait. Is this an alternate universe? I thought they used their sprogs to babystalk and attention whore after all the showers and gifts and congrats and parties and udder rubs were over.
June 08, 2017
Lolwhut? I have one piercing in one ear and four in the other. I desire to upset those who insist on symmetry(no, actually, I'm just from the 90s), but literally no one ever notices.

Anyone looking at moo probably sees either one or the other side and NO ONE gives a shit whether you have earrings in or little holes where an earring actually goes.
June 08, 2017
aes- you are absolutely right! It's hardly as if they are not adored in the media AND they hold themselves up as martyred and sacred Mothers of the World--the only women who are REALLY women. And they will tell us all that many times a day! Oh, who has not heard their exhausted, but patient LOUD SIGHS--showing all of us selfish unchilded people how we should hold them in awe! After my fence-sitter sister had a chylld , due to her convenient THIRD "oops", she missed no chance to insert "since I became a MOM" into any given conversation. On the first Mother's Day after the sacred spawning, she asked me , with a straight face, if ALL of her extended family was not expected to send her M.D.s cards or give her gifts!
saying 'wtf'
June 08, 2017
Unless someone has on a special outfit, dresses completely out of character or in very bold colors I hardly notice what they are wearing. Now, I do notice if it is a man I'm interested in. She might want to learn to dress for herself instead of trying to manipulate people with her earring wardrobe. And I don't expect most people (if any) to notice what I'm wearing. It doesn't mean they don't see me or make me invisible.

Maybe she is still mentally in high school or jr. high, that is the last time I recall anyone showing concern about what others wear on a daily basis. It just sounds so childish!

Or maybe she is one of those women who reads fashion rags and follows whatever celebrities are considered fashionable at the moment.
June 09, 2017
Why are people so damn needy these days? Will they wither up and die without likes?

Didn't read the article, but did she also try this experiment without having a baby? I don't generally pay much attention to what people are wearing, and even if I did notice a stranger wearing one earring, I wouldn't be inclined to mention it - if it was a stud I'd assume it was deliberate, and if it was something flashy like a hoop...well, I find it awkward enough to mention wardrobe issues that are actually important, like unzipped jeans. I would not tell a stranger about a missing earring.

And if, for some reason I did mention to an acquaintance that an earring was missing, and the answer was that it was a social experiment, I'd quickly add that person to the drama llama list and avoid further contact.

This woman assumes that random people give a fuck about her. Perhaps it is time she learned that the world doesn't revolve around her, and most people prefer to stay in their own bubbles and ignore everyone who is irrelevant to them. She doesn't live in a village in pre-industrial times, so maybe she needs to find sources of validation that don't involve the public.
June 09, 2017
I cut like 8 inches off my hair one yr, from the top of my butt to above shoulder length and no one at work noticed till 3 yrs later. People outside of work didn't notice either till I told them. My hair stylist was in shock, but it goes to show, after awhile people don't look at you. I guess I was invisible
June 09, 2017
bell_flower
The original Fakebook post is gone so I can't see the comments.

It's just another typical FFS yahoo post. Here's her conclusion:

Although many new moms can relate and may even smile in recognition, Anastasia made it clear that the point of her post wasn't to be funny but instead to send a message. "If today you are feeling overwhelmed, invisible or like you don't matter, you do. You are so important and are probably the cog that keeps everything running smoothly," she wrote. "Keep up the good work, and if no one else says it to you this week, know that you are invaluable in the work you do and your sacrifices do not go unnoticed."

You know, I show up to my job every day and I don't expect a fucking medal. Someone doesn't have to tell me I'm doing a good job all the time.

If only Moos were so inclined.

What a stupid cunt.

I have a torn, rotted off edge to my ear Moo. Try that. Does any one notice? No. Do I expect it? No I don't. The torn edges of my ear are hidden behind the curls of my hair. Will I ever have surgery to correct the damage? Probably not. I am on disability.

I am lucky. I was able to spend the month I had to spend in the hospital with Pneumonia and Mrsa in my blood as a dually medically insured patient so I didn't have to sell every thing I have and move onto the street which is the fate of many Childfree.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
June 10, 2017
reeniebessagain
aes- you are absolutely right! It's hardly as if they are not adored in the media AND they hold themselves up as martyred and sacred Mothers of the World--the only women who are REALLY women. And they will tell us all that many times a day! Oh, who has not heard their exhausted, but patient LOUD SIGHS--showing all of us selfish unchilded people how we should hold them in awe! After my fence-sitter sister had a chylld , due to her convenient THIRD "oops", she missed no chance to insert "since I became a MOM" into any given conversation. On the first Mother's Day after the sacred spawning, she asked me , with a straight face, if ALL of her extended family was not expected to send her M.D.s cards or give her gifts!
saying 'wtf'

I had to hear that crap where I used to work all the time. It was a place infested with breeder women who were constantly getting knocked up and going on leave over and over. Seriously, when one finished leave the other one was conveniently far along enough to drop everything and let the minions pick up her slack. Those who were forced to go back to work (oh the horror!) were always late by at LEAST half an hour (which didn't keep them from leaving at least half an hour early) and huffed and puffed into meetings with the usual martyr-moo speak "You KNOW how it is having KYYYYDS" and "Bratley didn't want to go to daycare" and "It took me forever to dress Pwyncess this morning". I remember a particularly egregious episode when I was in on time despite problems with hypothyroidism that weren't being medicated properly at the time due to idiot doctors, and one moo was lowing on and on about how she was late because she couldn't get her screeching toddler in the car. I had enough and told her I had no idea how I got to work in one piece as fatigued and dangerously lightheaded as I was. She countered with "Try being a MOO and wrangling a TOADLER". I was dying to tell her my hormones are fucked enough, thanks, I don't need inpigness to fuck them even more.

Mother's Day was the holiest holiday of the year in that place. Everyone was expected to bend the knee to these cows just because they spawned, when to me that day has always been just about celebrating my own mother. These bitches would always parade in that morning with corsages and World's Greatest Mom paraphernalia, and you knew who was a moo because there were enormous bunches of flowers on their desks, but I never told any of them "Happy Moo Day", ever.
June 10, 2017
Psychologist David Elkind has written about Imaginary Audience concept--the idea that one's behavior or actions are the focus everyone at large. Everyone has "onstage" moments, but Imaginary Audience happens a LOT in early teen years. This lady seems to be stuck there, fretting and bitching about others' lack of action on her missing earring (WTF).
June 11, 2017
randomcfchick
Psychologist David Elkind has written about Imaginary Audience concept--the idea that one's behavior or actions are the focus everyone at large. Everyone has "onstage" moments, but Imaginary Audience happens a LOT in early teen years. This lady seems to be stuck there, fretting and bitching about others' lack of action on her missing earring (WTF).

I am gong to remember that term..this sums up to a T what so many people are like these days.
June 11, 2017
Bitch, please. I WISH Moos were fucking invisible so I wouldn't have to see or deal with them and their howling crotch nuggets on a regular basis!

The idiot set up a "trap" to catch her family and friends in just so she could have something to bitch about when they failed to notice some insignificant little detail about her. My mother did shit like this sometimes. She'd intentionally put something like a gum wrapper in a random place on the floor to see if anyone in the house would notice it, and when they didn't, she'd throw a bitch-fit about how we're all so lazy that we can't even pick up a piece of paper and throw it away, poor her, everything is her job, etc.

You can't expect people to be that fucking vigilant. They have their own shit to worry about! To expect the average person without autism or OCD to notice something so trivial is just plain nuts, but my Moo and this Moo do it because they know they'll "catch" people and will then have a platform on which they can proudly stand and proclaim their victimhood. And the fact that people didn't notice the missing earring has nothing to do with this moron's Moohood. Did she ever stop to think that the people she tried to trap with her little scheme had far more pressing matters on their minds? That maybe they were tired (because Moos aren't the only ones who can be tired, contrary to what they'll tell you) and just didn't notice? That maybe they just don't have exceptional attention spans? That maybe Moo could have intentionally been wearing just one earring for some reason (like maybe one piercing closed and she didn't want the other one to do so)?

Christ, Moo, get a fucking life and realize that everyone else's world will not revolve around you and your stupid bullshit. They've got their own stupid bullshit to deal with.
June 11, 2017
Cambion
Did she ever stop to think that the people she tried to trap with her little scheme had far more pressing matters on their minds? That maybe they were tired (because Moos aren't the only ones who can be tired, contrary to what they'll tell you) and just didn't notice? That maybe they just don't have exceptional attention spans? That maybe Moo could have intentionally been wearing just one earring for some reason (like maybe one piercing closed and she didn't want the other one to do so)?

Moo is also glossing over the fact that there are more important things people might notice about her and comment on. If she is at work and seems really depressed, do people ask her if she is okay? If her eyes look sunken and she appears sick, do people ask if she's ill? Or if she mentions car trouble, do people ask her if she needs a ride? THESE are the kinds of questions people should be asking each other. Caring about a person's clothing does not equal caring about the person.

If, outside of imagined sleights, people treat her well, moo should shut up. Even if they don't, she should still shut up, and perhaps reflect on how she treats others. In my experience, 98% of the time, people will treat you the same way you treat them.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login