Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1163 Kidzbop

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1163 Kidzbop
April 02, 2006
I could go on and on about kids infiltrating all forms of media. Kidzbop is just another example of how nothing in the US is untouched by children. I fully expect children to soon be doing tampon, cigarette, and liquor commercials. I wish they would stick a few of those obnoxious kidz in Trojan commercials. It might prompt more people to use them.
sprogless
Re: 1163 Kidzbop
April 02, 2006
Sometimes, I think there's just no room in this ass- backwards country for adults, anymore.
VLM
April 02, 2006
I hate those commercials, too, mostly because the songs on the cCD are NOT necessarily "kiddie-friendly." Changing the key or a note or two of a raunchy song and having kids sing it does not make the song "cute" or "kid friendly." LOL
Lady Cooper
April 02, 2006
I think it's so horrible and disturbing that it's actually funny.
April 02, 2006
in the UK there was an advert for stopping smoking, now i am a non smoker myself, but they had kids in it and smoke was coming out of their mouths, saying if you smoke your kids smoke..

for some reason, that advert made me want to smoke. kids in adverts are spreading allover, theres a advert about drugs, how they are bad and if you need help there is a number you can call, and theres this obnoxious little brat, and he says, for one drug how long does that last (i said till i can push my fist down your throat and rip your still beating heart out).. and so on.. its spreading not just where you are, but in the UK too

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Feh
April 03, 2006
This actually made me cry with it's horribleness.

http://tinyurl.com/kox6q
Basically, Devo allowed Disney to take their song catalogue and rerecord it with children singing. It's like someone taking your favorite ice cream flavor, eating it and then vomiting it back in your face. Fuck you Devo for allowing this.
April 03, 2006
I honestly used to think that the kids just sang the songs in the commercials, and the actual CD had the real, un-karaoke songs. Wow...most of those KidsBop CDs have songs on them I already disliked, but the new voices give me more reason to dislike them. I remember the Sugar Beats CD...that had a lot of songs on it that I liked, but hearing sproggen chanting the lyrics just made me want to heave.

I wonder if many pedophiles buy those KidsBop CDs...

And yes, Feh...that site you linked to was very depressing to me as well. If little kids start singing Oingo Boingo or Poison, I'm going to have to kill someone. But with song titles like "Talk Dirty to Me" or "Nasty Habits", maybe there will be some kind of deterrence.
Leaning toward childfree
April 06, 2006
I just thought of this--

Maybe Kidzbop would disappear if someone had those kids sing Peaches' "Fuck the Pain Away."
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.