Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Starving polar bears and handwringing

Posted by yurble 
Starving polar bears and handwringing
December 10, 2017
I just feel like punching people when they fail to connect their actions with consequences that make them feel bad. Right now, many people are upset about the image of a starving polar bear. The bear is starving because there isn't sufficient ice in the arctic, and the reason there isn't sufficient ice is climate change, and the reason for climate change is...all of us and our actions.

Anyhow, the people I've seen doing the handwringing are all breeders. Every last one of them has added to their carbon footprint in a way I couldn't do unless I flew private jets around the world on a mission to set fire to every bit of forest I encounter.

It just pisses me off so much that people are capable of this level of disconnect. We've known this shit since the 70s. There is no fucking excuse. Take responsibility for your choices, breeders.
Re: Starving polar bears and handwringing
December 10, 2017
The environmental place where dh and I volunteer has a new director. She is a moo of two. Although she is a really nice person and a PNB, the entire organization now is all about "getting kids into nature" Few of these kids will be CF and her kids who are seen as having fun learning about nature today will be consumers of the latest homes cutting into habitat and the latest to add to the diaper mountain while driving their SUV's and buying plastic everything
December 10, 2017
But don't you guys know that kids are the solution? Breeders are creating little geniuses that will solve all of the world's problems one day.

/sarcasm off
December 10, 2017
The only way that environmental place can make up for the director having kids would be if the men's rooms had a basket of free condoms, the ladies room has the number of a Planned Parenthood center and an abortion clinic, the exhibits mention that people should not have children, and they ban kids wearing Pampers from entering.
December 10, 2017
cfdavep
The environmental place where dh and I volunteer has a new director. She is a moo of two. Although she is a really nice person and a PNB, the entire organization now is all about "getting kids into nature" Few of these kids will be CF and her kids who are seen as having fun learning about nature today will be consumers of the latest homes cutting into habitat and the latest to add to the diaper mountain while driving their SUV's and buying plastic everything
And you know that mountain of diapers will be created with the oil they'll be ripping out of the last remaining wildlife refuges, because God forbid they experience a 'diaper need.' bemused eye roll
December 11, 2017
mumofsixbirds
But don't you guys know that kids are the solution? Breeders are creating little geniuses that will solve all of the world's problems one day.

/sarcasm off

everykidisagenius#
9billiongeniusesandcounting#
December 12, 2017
freya
mumofsixbirds

/sarcasm off

everykidisagenius#

You stop being a genius once your genitals function. Then you get to push problems back to the next generation.
December 12, 2017
yurble
freya
mumofsixbirds

/sarcasm off

everykidisagenius#

You stop being a genius once your genitals function. Then you get to push problems back to the next generation.

That is right because.....
mygeniusunbornkidwillsolveallenvironmentalproblems#
December 12, 2017
couldn't watch. upsets me too much now.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login