Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo ruins thirty-five year friendship between me and once cool CF guy

Posted by mumofsixbirds 
Re: Moo ruins thirty-five year friendship between me and once cool CF guy
December 20, 2017
MumOfSixBirds, I know that this won't be of much help to you, but I lost count of all the friends that have disappeared ever since they found a partner. The ones that have remained, I can count them on my right hand.

I think that just like your long time friend, those people are making a huge mistake. I would never trade my friends in for a partner because, let's just face the reality, most relationships do not last. Sooner or later, I will need my friends just like they need me.

With that said, each and everyone of us has screwed up something, somewhere. While I would let your friend do his own thing, I would not hold it over his head for too long. Sooner or later, he might realize his mistake. Sometimes forgiveness is better than a long term grudge. Sometimes, those who piss us off the most, end up helping us in a dark hour. It can work like that, but we have to keep our door open for it.
I agree with everything you say, but I can't feel that he's closed the door on me. If he calls, I'll have to see how I feel if I want to talk to him or not.

I would never trade a friendship for partnership, but my husband is one of the few people in my life who haven't let me down. He would never expect me to do such a thing, but I can see where some people would demand it of their partners. It strikes me as controlling and cruel.

I have a funny feeling that I won't be hearing from him again for a long time. That's fine. If he chooses to call and want to be friends again, I might agree, but there would have to be some boundaries put up. I think that would be more than fair.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login