Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On my company internal site today...

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
On my company internal site today...
September 25, 2008
The America's Promise campaign centers on research showing that children are better able to stay in school and achieve educational, social and professional success when they receive Five Promises: Caring Adults, Safe Places, A Healthy Start, Effective Education, and An Opportunity to Help Others.

Are you keeping a Promise to a child?

Yes

No

What an incredibly pandering silly poll. I emailed that to them. I hope I'm not flagged and fired someday over it.
Anonymous User
Re: On my company internal site today...
September 25, 2008
I am still amazed that people dont realize that its a choice to have kids or NOT.

Just check "NO"
September 25, 2008
I'm always immediately suspicious of such messages. My first question: what's their real agenda? Second question: Who funds them? Where's the money coming from and where does it go? Not to mention that the 5 promises thing is couched in smarmy PC language which makes me queasy from the git-go. Hey, my crawl space is a Safe Place--at least, it's dry and roomy. And down there the kid would have an Opportunity to Help Others by changing my furnace filter. There's two down right off the bat. eye rolling smiley
Anonymous User
September 25, 2008
They aren't actually requiring you to reply to that poll, are they?

Your personal values are none of the company's damn business.
September 25, 2008
Oh my god. How poor. What a lame attempt to announce that Company X is (in a silly shrill voice) "One Hundred Percent behind The America's Promise Campaign!!!"

Ok so you click NO. What happens? Does the floor beneath your desk open up and you and your chair topple over down a long dark slide, at the bottom of which you find yourself plopped onto a mattress along with all the other Child-Haters!(tm) in the office?

You click YES and you get a promotion?

Their point IS....?????

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
September 25, 2008
"Caring Adults, Safe Places, A Healthy Start, Effective Education, and An Opportunity to Help Others."

Each one of these things and the way in which it's said sounds like things they expect OTHER PEOPLE, rather than the parents to do or provide for said chyld. It SHOULD say;

1)Caring PARENTS
2)Safe HOMES
3)Healthy HOME envirnoment at early ages
4)Parental responsibility in insuring they do their homework, learn at home BEFORE they go to school and AFTER they get home, and parental cooperation and participation with the teachers and within the school system
5)They should be TAUGHT from the earliest age, AT HOME, how to help other people and given opportunities to do so

Then, "As a parent, have YOU kept your promise to YOUR child today?"
September 25, 2008
Amen to that, kidlesskim! It sounds as if these people are trying to guilt non-breeders into this whole "it-takes-a-village" shtick. And what business is it what I do vis a vis some kid who is not mine. Don
t worry about the CF--it's the BREEDERS who abuse and neglect.
CF Uter
September 25, 2008
I imagine the poll is just part of its propangada, and more warm fuzzy feelings that breeders like to spread around.
Anonymous User
September 25, 2008
CF Uter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The America's Promise campaign centers on research
> showing that children are better able to stay in
> school and achieve educational, social and
> professional success when they receive Five
> Promises: Caring Adults, Safe Places, A Healthy
> Start, Effective Education, and An Opportunity to
> Help Others.
>
> Are you keeping a Promise to a child?
>
>

Yes, I promised never to bring one into the world. Hence the appointment for the tubal/vasectomy.

That's how I would have answered.

MIB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login