Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have the kittens back

Posted by SlumSlut 
I have the kittens back
September 26, 2008
until tomorrow when they go to the store for the day (yay!) . There are 14 cats living at the store and there are only supposed to be 12. So I get to be a foster mama for a little longer!

The boys are all neutered now... they're all boys, BTW.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: I have the kittens back
September 26, 2008
I am so glad! I love all of the little critters who show up at my house. I get them fixed and the shots when I can catch them, but several of them do not want to be caught and a few get a few free meals and move on. At last count there were 21 out there, but I think I have lost a few. Several of them look a lot alike so I am not positive until I can get them in one big group. There are only 13 that actually "belong" to me, meaning I actively adopted them, but I still love all of them. I like to lay on the deck and let them make one big kitty blanket across my body, but they pin me in North, South, East, and West, so it's kinda hard to get back up.bouncing and laughing
September 26, 2008
That is so excellent. I won't be keeping these because they're so friendly that they will be adopted. I had to keep 6 black babies (2 litters, same father, 2 mothers) from last summer. One of them is "D-Babby" from the slideshow. She is not too happy to have the kids back. She does not like them and has been extra friendly to me since they arrived because she perceives her position as "threatened". The other black babies from last year are OK with the little ones, but they don't like people all that much.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
September 26, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is so excellent. I won't be keeping these
> because they're so friendly that they will be
> adopted. I had to keep 6 black babies (2 litters,
> same father, 2 mothers) from last summer. One of
> them is "D-Babby" from the slideshow. She is not
> too happy to have the kids back. She does not
> like them and has been extra friendly to me since
> they arrived because she perceives her position as
> "threatened". The other black babies from last
> year are OK with the little ones, but they don't
> like people all that much.

I can't download videos/slide shows in under 6 hours due to the inavailability of high speed internet in my area at present or I would have taken a look at the critters. I have a vicious little kitten who has hissed at me since she figured out she could hiss. She is probably about 3 months old now and she is still a grump, although at least she is somewhat pettable now. She will kitty head butt me sometimes in solicitation of a pet, but within a minute she cowers down like I have beaten her, hisses, and runs. I have several who have scaredy cat personalities who are among the outsiders, but some of the others act like an insider cat. I think they develop their personalities early on.

I have one kitten inside now who is about 6 months old. Someone dumped off a preggo cat and she disappeared one day and came back later all thin. So, I went looking for her kittens and found them in a barn. That cat (the mother) kept lounging around on my porch like she hadn't a care in the world, so I knew she wasn't taking care of her kittens. I guess she was a CF kitty. Anyway, the next time I went to the barn there was only one left and she was all alone in a HUGE old feed barrel,(so pitiful looking) so I brought her in and bottle fed her. Now, she sucks her paw like she's nursing and it's hilarious. We are egging her on to do it because it is so funny to watch. She gets all relaxed in our arms, infant style, and then all you have to do is pull her back foot toward her face and say, "You want binky?", and she goes to town. She will "nurse" her foot for an hour if you let her and makes air biscuits with the other three paws the whole time. tongue sticking out smiley
September 27, 2008
You know, when I found me Echo, I was going to post him on petfinder (or was pretending to) and my friend who runs a local shelter with a site said it would be tricky because people are still weird about black cats!!!

Now I have 2. I understand in the UK black is good luck and white is bad. So, screw it. My boy stays with me. But he needs to keep his damned claws off the upholstery.
Anonymous User
September 27, 2008
Kidlesskim wrote:

"Now, she sucks her paw like she's nursing and it's hilarious. We are egging her on to do it because it is so funny to watch. She gets all relaxed in our arms, infant style, and then all you have to do is pull her back foot toward her face and say, "You want binky?", and she goes to town. She will "nurse" her foot for an hour if you let her and makes air biscuits with the other three paws the whole time."

Gee, kidlesskim, it sounds like you're trying out extended nursing with that little fur baby! I hope you're not letting her MIO (meow it out)!!
September 27, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
> Kidlesskim wrote:
>
> "Now, she sucks her paw like she's nursing and
> it's hilarious. We are egging her on to do it
> because it is so funny to watch. She gets all
> relaxed in our arms, infant style, and then all
> you have to do is pull her back foot toward her
> face and say, "You want binky?", and she goes to
> town. She will "nurse" her foot for an hour if you
> let her and makes air biscuits with the other
> three paws the whole time."
>
>
> Gee, kidlesskim, it sounds like you're trying out
> extended nursing with that little fur baby! I
> hope you're not letting her MIO (meow it out)!!

bouncing and laughing LOL, I am such the hypocrite! My husband says she is AK (attachment kitty), and EBF(extended breastfed). I would never let her MIO either.tongue sticking out smiley She also co-sleeps.doh face She is really smart as well, and CERTAINLY "gifted" and how do I know this? She runs to the kitchen when a can of wet food is opened, she can fetch crumpled tissue paper, and she can "pull up" on furniture and stick her paws under the bathroom door. She also catches bugs and spiders without being told. I am a bit worried that she might have ADHD though because she is VERY hyper and always chasing things that move and pouncing as if she can't be still. It's possible she has ODD (oppostional defiance disorder) because no matter how many times I have told her GENTLY not to, she STILL hangs from my clothing and drags my socks into the litter box.tongue sticking out smiley
September 27, 2008
Gee, kidlesskim, it sounds like you're trying out extended nursing with that little fur baby! I hope you're not letting her MIO (meow it out)!!

All righty, I may as well stop commenting right there; can't top that. bouncing and laughing bouncing and laughing bouncing and laughing
Anonymous User
September 27, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
>
>
> bouncing and laughing LOL, I am such the hypocrite! My husband
> says she is AK (attachment kitty), and
> EBF(extended breastfed). I would never let her MIO
> either.tongue sticking out smiley She also co-sleeps.doh face She is really
> smart as well, and CERTAINLY "gifted" and how do I
> know this? She runs to the kitchen when a can of
> wet food is opened, she can fetch crumpled tissue
> paper, and she can "pull up" on furniture and
> stick her paws under the bathroom door. She also
> catches bugs and spiders without being told.

It sounds like she is clearly gifted. Has she joined Meownsa yet? My Sophie has been a member since kittenhood. She can unroll an entire roll of toilet paper, chew through a bag of treats in under 5 minutes, and clearly says "no!!" to us when we ask her nicely to use her scratching post instead of our bedroom door. Of course, we practice GD, and would NEVER stop her if she wanted to explore the woody texture of our door. She's just expressing herself! She's also excellent at opening our bathroom cabinet. One day she walked into the livingroom with an entire softpack of maxipads in her mouth (for real, dh and I died laughing). Later that day I started my period, proving that she's a sensitive, psychic, indigo kitty.
September 29, 2008
Black cats are so awesome, no matter what breeds they are mixed with, they've all got that crazy "black cat" personality. My mom's crazy black cat loves to carry rags and small brushes around in his mouth while making this funny mewing sound. Toothbrushes, make up brushes, paint brushes - nothing is safe from him.

Our black guy is a piece of work. LOL I'd love to have a few more black ones but I think for now, 5 is enough for us. 1 black one will have to do.
September 29, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> Black cats are so awesome, no matter what breeds
> they are mixed with, they've all got that crazy
> "black cat" personality. My mom's crazy black cat
> loves to carry rags and small brushes around in
> his mouth while making this funny mewing sound.
> Toothbrushes, make up brushes, paint brushes -
> nothing is safe from him.
>
> Our black guy is a piece of work. LOL I'd love
> to have a few more black ones but I think for now,
> 5 is enough for us. 1 black one will have to do.

I had a Manx (Sean) we nicknamed "Mayflower" becuase he moved stuff all over the house!
Anonymous User
September 29, 2008
There is nothing cuter than a bunch of newborn, fuzzy little kittens!!
September 29, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Black cats are so awesome, no matter what
> breeds
> > they are mixed with, they've all got that crazy
> > "black cat" personality. My mom's crazy black
> cat
> > loves to carry rags and small brushes around in
> > his mouth while making this funny mewing sound.
>
> > Toothbrushes, make up brushes, paint brushes -
> > nothing is safe from him.
> >
> > Our black guy is a piece of work. LOL I'd
> love
> > to have a few more black ones but I think for
> now,
> > 5 is enough for us. 1 black one will have to
> do.
>
> I had a Manx (Sean) we nicknamed "Mayflower"
> becuase he moved stuff all over the house!

My AK (attachment kitten) is obsessed with caps. Drink caps, ink pen caps, and even lids off of jars like salad dressing and mayo which are in temporary use, are not safe. I think she is just expressing herself and I am convinced that she has them stashed somewhere and that they are seperated according to size, shape, and color, further proof that she is "gifted".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login