Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McCain Vows to Double Kid Tax Exemption

Posted by clematis 
McCain Vows to Double Kid Tax Exemption
September 26, 2008
Listening to the debate...John McCain just said he promises to double the child income tax rebate from 3,500 to $7,000 (hope I heard that right--it sort of zoomed by; can't confirm by googling).

I don't care which candidate promises it; it turns my stomach equally whether it's Obama or McCain pandering to the breeders.

Jesus, why can't people fund their own choices? My choice to be childfree means less congestion, less pollution, less energy consumption due to a smaller house, and no drainage of school funds (the latter of which DH and I pay for with no benefit whatsoever) in my neighborhood--where the bloody h-double-hockey-sticks is MY REBATE for those community savings?
Anonymous User
Re: McCain Vows to Double Kid Tax Exemption
September 26, 2008
'the baby boon'

Part and parcel of the mentality that got us into this mess
The entitlement mentality.
They admitted as much that gubbermint forcing banks to loan to trailer trash fed into the problem.. but I don't know how much (percentage).
September 26, 2008
Like they don't already get enough tax breaks, jeeeezzzzzzz. They have their "earned" income credits which is a STUPID name for it because they often don't even "earn" as much as they get back, and it's basically welfare with a fancy "economically correct" sounding name. Then they get their regular refunds as well, which in essence means they pay NO TAXES. Around here, after W-2's gets mailed out, the fuckers RACE to the rapid refund places and pay God knows how much extra to get their "refunds" (how can something be a "refund" if you didn't pay for it?)Then it's standing room only at area restaurants and you can spot them a mile away. They look like hillbillies who "cleaned up" to come to town, and they come in DROVES. You can't "clean up" missing teeth, bad haircuts, glittery blue eyeshadow, shitty dye jobs, over tanned skin, tramp stamps, flashy clothes, and poor taste, which is why they are easy to spot. Even though they have all of this cash, and it's usually in the 6-8k range I am told, they STILL have the Pay by the week mentality. I challenge ANYONE to find a parking spot at ANY renta center places within a 50 miles radius the week after the checks come out. It's similar to the first of the month, only magnified.

Going to wallyworld during that week of hell is suicide, They ravage the electronics section like there is no tomorrow. When they pick THAT bone clean, they head over to the jewelry department and load up on cheap and poorly made, yet flashy, jewerly. You can't push a buggy through the ladies' clothing departments and the frozen section is wiped out. If you are going in there to buy fruits and vegetables, fresh meat, and foods that aren't prepared or frozen and ready to heat and eat, you will probably be ok. Just about any other department though is impenetrable.
September 27, 2008
Fuck that pile of dust. I hope him and that breeder asshole he's running with both fall into a hole.
Anonymous User
September 27, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fuck that pile of dust. I hope him and that
> breeder asshole he's running with both fall into a
> hole.

I second that!
September 27, 2008
smiling smileyI am sick to death of all the fucking money thrown at the breeders. They get thousands in deductions whilst I'm lucky to see ANYTHING coming back at tax time.

I too have seen all the fucking white trash at wallyworld after they've gotten all their "earned income credit" and whatnot in handouts from the gubmint. They are tacky beyond words and they just can't hide it. Kidlesskim you are so right.

As for the pile of dust and the breeder falling into a hole, make that me three!
September 27, 2008
I am a proponent of a flat tax--everyone pays the same percentage of what they earn, let's say for the sake of argument, 15% across the board. You, me, Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates all pay 15% of our income to taxes. No exemptions for kids, property taxes, second homes, credit card interest, nothing.

The government gives way too much money away, and just as MH, I rarely if ever, get anything back.

Count me in as four.
September 27, 2008
Another tax tidbit I learned recently, per post-debate radio analysis panel, is that only 40% of people in this country pay taxes. WHAT?! How can that POSSIBLY be?
September 27, 2008
clematis Wrote:
> Another tax tidbit I learned recently, per
> post-debate radio analysis panel, is that only 40%
> of people in this country pay taxes. WHAT?! How
> can that POSSIBLY be?

Because disability income INCLUDING SSI for those who have never paid in and for kyds who get checks for ADHD and Awwwtism, social security, and all forms of welfare income are non taxable. I had no idea the percentage was that great though, but I am not surprised.
Thanks for nothing you stupid, pandering, tongue-tied geezer. As if I wasn't already getting penalized enough for not proving my reproductive organs function.

My decision to vote third-party in '08 just got carved in granite.
September 27, 2008
I could be wrong, but It's my understanding that SSDI and Social Security Retirement are taxed at 10%. As for SSI and the crap given to breeders for their Awwwtistic and ADHD, etc. kids, that I cannot say. However, my godson gets SSDI (he is an adult and became disabled after working for many years) and my in-laws are retired and on Social Security. All of them pay taxes.

But in all fairness the SSI and kyds getting social security benefits should be taxed as well. As for the breeders, far too many of them pay no taxes--even if they have taxes deducted, they get it all back and then some come April.
September 27, 2008
Tiquer Wrote:
> I am a proponent of a flat tax--everyone pays the
> same percentage of what they earn, let's say for
> the sake of argument, 15% across the board. You,
> me, Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates all pay 15% of
> our income to taxes. No exemptions for kids,
> property taxes, second homes, credit card
> interest, nothing.
>
> The government gives way too much money away, and
> just as MH, I rarely if ever, get anything back.
>

I agree with you about the flat tax. If not a flat tax, a national sales tax would be better than what we have now. Yes, everyone should pay the same rate.

I get a small amount back, while breeders get enough for a vacation and a big-screen TV. angry smiley

Fuck the pandering and giveaways to breeders!

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
September 27, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> Fuck that pile of dust. I hope him and that
> breeder asshole he's running with both fall into a
> hole.

I don't want broodsow Sarah to fall in a hole--I want her to go in the same manner the animals she killed from the air did.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Part of Social Security income is taxable for individuals making above $25K and couples above $32K annually. Under those income limits it is generally not taxable. The rules for taxing Social Security income are complex, and my comment here is a gross simplification.

Part of the welfare program is taxable as income: unemployment benefits. President Reagan and Congress made that change nearly 25 years ago. The stated "logic" was to discourage dependency on this benefit, even though it is time limited anyway. Way to go, Repubs: hit people who have already lost their jobs through no fault of their own. In the meantime, breeders on welfare pay no taxes on any of those benefits.

The intent of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is to provide a partial refund of Social Security and Medicare (payroll-based) taxes that those of lower incomes pay. Those taxes start at the first dollar earned; there is no minimum income not subject to these taxes and withholding as there is for the regular income tax. The poor therefore usually pay far more in regressive payroll taxes than in progressive income tax.

The problem is that even though the childless can get money back with the EITC, the credit is far, far more generous to those with kyds. I don't know why. (Well, maybe I do after all.) That explains the big jackpots for the trash breeder types at tax refund time.
Yes, how Social Security benefits are taxable is complicated. What K-man said was a little off. The 25k and 32k income thresholds he mentioned are used to determine whether 50% or 85% of the SS benefits are taxable. Below those cutoffs, only 50% of the SS benefits are taxable. Above that, 85% of the benefits are taxable. And total income (including other tax-exempt income) is used to determine the cutoff, not only SS income.

To me, SS income should be fully taxable the same way other forms of retirement income are taxable. These inlcude pensions and (non-Roth) IRA withdrawals.
DeeGee said, "Yes, how Social Security benefits are taxable is complicated. What K-man said was a little off. The 25k and 32k income thresholds he mentioned are used to determine whether 50% or 85% of the SS benefits are taxable. Below those cutoffs, only 50% of the SS benefits are taxable. Above that, 85% of the benefits are taxable. And total income (including other tax-exempt income) is used to determine the cutoff, not only SS income."

True, I should have made that clear about total income being used to determine Social Security taxation. But concerning the $25K/$32K thresholds, under that amount in total income Social Security benefits are not taxable. My mother and stepfather's total income approached the $32K threshold, requiring me to complete the Form 1040A worksheet, so I have some experience here.

Adding one-half of your total annual SS benefit to your other income to determine whether any of it is taxable is possibly the source of the idea that 50% of the benefit is taxable no matter how small it is. That isn't true. There are indeed two percentages of taxable benefit level, 50% and 85%, but the correct percentage under $32K total income for a couple is zero. Until this year for the 2007 return, it was not necessary even to record the amount of SS benefit on the 1040 or 1040A if none of it was taxable. I noticed the change when completing the 1040A for my mom and late stepdad last winter.

Here's the deal straight from the Infernal, uh, Internal Revenue Service site:

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=179091,00.html

IRS TAX TIP 2008-31

How much, if any, of your social security benefits are taxable depends on your total income and marital status. Generally, if social security benefits were your only income, your benefits are not taxable.

Taxpayers who receive little or no income in addition to their Social Security Benefits would typically not need to file a tax return….

If you received income from other sources, your benefits will not be taxed unless your modified adjusted gross income is more than the base amount for your filing status. Your taxable benefits and modified adjusted gross income are figured in a worksheet in the Form 1040A or Form 1040 Instruction booklet.

Before you go to the instruction book, do the following quick computation to determine whether some of your benefits may be taxable:
• First, add one–half of the total social security you received to all your other income, including any tax exempt interest and other exclusions from income.
• Then, compare this total to the base amount for your filing status. If the total is more than your base amount, some of your benefits may be taxable.

The 2007 base amounts are:
• $32,000 for married couples filing jointly
• $25,000 for single, head of household, qualifying widow/widower with a dependent child, or married individuals filing separately who did not live with their spouses at any time during the year

• $0 for married persons filing separately who lived together during the year
Anonymous User
September 28, 2008
Yet, CF Republicans will probably still vote for him.
k-man, you are right about how the income level is determined for the taxation of SS benefits.

My one experience of this was helping a friend do his taxes. He had been collecting some SS disability benefits a few years earlier and received a lump-sum payment later as a result of some error before. The payment came in and when added to his wage income pushed some of his taxable SS benefits into the 85%-of-total bracket. Some of his benefits were only 50% taxable because he was right on the cusp of the cutoff, so the overall amount was about 65% of the total being taxable.

His situation was quite rare compared to the more typical situation of your (step)parents.
September 29, 2008
Yea, this election is going to be a real interesting ordeal.

I was going to vote for McCain but I don't think I'm voting now at all.
September 29, 2008
Years ago, I was in a straight marriage, and about the times my ex-husband and I started divorce proceedings, my in-laws urged us to have a baby to keep the marriage together. I told them I was gay and did not intend to have a baby in order to make the lie I was living a bigger one. My soon-t-be ex ripped them a new one, too.

If things have reached the divorce stage, or even contemplating divorce stage, having a baby is not going to make it 'all better'. It's right up there with staying together for "da chyllun".
September 29, 2008
I've always believed we should be the ones getting the exemptions! This is just SO unfair!!!!!!!1
Anonymous User
September 30, 2008
I dont understand the "WE MUST VOTE" crap, must we? NO! I dont like GOV and I dont like either side, so IM NOT VOTING!! I SIMPLY DONT GIVE A SHIT AND HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO
Update: Sure 'Nuff, McCain Vows to Double Kid Tax Exemption
October 07, 2008
Listening to the debates tonight. It's official. Turns out I heard right the first time. McCain promised to officially DOUBLE the per-child tax exemption from 3,500 to 7,000.

SEVEN. THOUSAND. DOLLARS.

Talk about double-dipping for the moms receiving SSI welfare checks for their thank-god-we-successfully-diagnosed-his-behavior-problems-as-"autistic" children.
October 08, 2008
Clematis, when my husband and I were watching that part, all we could do was shake our heads in disbelief. I was also waiting for this bit of news to become official and McCain certainly confirmed it.

Welfare moomies all across the board are probably having nurse-in and shit-in parties to celebrate.
My (born-again CF, remember?) ladyfriend and I were screaming at the TV when McCain said that...."What about all of US who have NO kyds????" Why can't *I* get on one of these town hall debates?

I guess this is payback to the Red states which have higher birth rates than us in the Blue states.

However....

Back in the early 1990s, New York during its budget crisis did not want to raise its tax rates so it got rid of the personal exemption for oneself but NOT for dependents! This cost all tax filers about $70 each, depending on the tax bracket one was in. [It cost me more because it took them a year to figure out I took it by mistake anyway and I got charged a few extra bucks in interest.] Pretty sneaky, huh?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login