Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feelin' smug

Posted by Cambion 
Feelin' smug
September 26, 2008
I find it funny that a lot of my old parochial school classmates are getting themselves knocked up...recently, a girl whose family is very notable in the community shat out her second kid (I think she had to give her first one up for adoption last year 'cause her momma made her), and another former classmate (from another notable family) hatched her first loaf recently too.

These are the girls who got great grades and whom my mom would always compare me to and say, "Why can't you be smart and get straight A's like these girls?" -- yeah, well look where "these smart girls" ended up: Knocked up by guys who ran far and fast and who dropped out of college. Funny how stupid me has managed to excel in college and not get knocked up while the girls who were on the honor roll in elementary school watch their lives splinter and collapse.

The kicker is there's a clinic that performs abortions about two hours away, so it's not as if distance limited these idiots' options. While they watch their lives spiral downward into the abyss of failure and shat diapers, I can continue my education. I know that makes me sound like an asshole, but I can't help feeling smug.
Re: Feelin' smug
September 26, 2008
No, it doesn't make you sound like an asshole. You chose to do the smart thing and these bimbos didn't. You have no cause to feel guilty. Guilt is the emotion breeers would lLOVE for us to have when we make smart choices and they end up in the cesspool called breeding.
September 26, 2008
I ran into women from my highschool days quite a bit when I lived in my hometown for several years. I went to Highschool in the 80's, and most of these stupid whores have kyds in high school now and a few even have GRAND kyds, which really freaks me out. MOST of them did go to college, but for what I have to wonder because all they do is haul kyds around to soccer practice, cheerleading clinics, piano lessons, etc.....Most of them have never even worked in the fields which they were trained or used their degrees in any way. I don't think you are an asshole either and have/deserve every right to be smug. I am VERY smug towards my former classmates who are breeders, and I graduated over 20 years ago!!! Feeling smug is fun, and in light of all we have had to put up with from them as CF people, a well deserved right, IMO.
September 26, 2008
This reminds me of my former best friend's mother - when we were teens, she always bitched that I was a "bad influence" on her daughter, heaven knows why. I had straight A's, didn't drink, smoke, do drugs or screw - so: huh?!?

Anyway! Now my former BF has one bastard child with the dude she's shacked up with, who has 2 kyds by his previous babymama. She dropped out of college after one semester, too - while I'm working on my second Bachelor's Degree.

As Bart Simpson would say: "BAD INFLUENCE MY ASS!" :yeah
Gigabyte
September 27, 2008
Cambion, don't feel sad or smug because they deserve evrything they get becaue they are stupid.

I was in school doing well and because I was smart the school. teachers look down on me and at the end, they screwed me out of exams by me not getting A-C grades. 10 years later (which is now) I got a good job and good pay. During the same time my former school friends end up having kids and piss themselves down the river.

Whilst everyone getting 10 A grades in present day and always hearing A grades is improving by everyone because education is improving. Then suddenly 2 years down the road the same people having those top straight A's, intead of getting a progress with future prospects they instead end up hatching a loaf and breeding out kids.

It seem they have all the hard work grade in education just got wasted by a stupid life-script called Bingo'.

My parent wanted me to get married and have kids so they can have grandkids but I said "I am having kids. Job is more important than kids".

I may have crap grades in school but at least I gone advanced, other that other people showing off with their stright A's and suddenly hatching a loaf which always happen.
Anonymous User
September 27, 2008
Guess what the valedictorian of my high school class did one week after graduation? She got married, and within a year had her first baybee. I went to school in a hick town in WV, in the 80's. If you weren't engaged by your senior year of high school, you were destined to be an old maid according to my classmates. I've been back for one reunion, and its amazing how old they all look from birthing out the baybees, and living that hard country lifestyle. They literally thought something was wrong with me because I hadn't had a child. and because, God forbid, my husband was my SECOND husband, and I had been divorced. At least some of my old friends, who had actually furthered their education were there. They were also the ones without a huge quiver of sprogs 0-2.
September 27, 2008
I think it's great that you are making responsible reproductive choices and getting a college education. That is nothing to feel badly about.
Self improvement through more education, whether for future job opportunities or simply the love of learning, should never be looked down upon.

After high school, I got a two year degree from a local community college and entered the workforce. After ten or so years of working as a design draftsman, it was time for a change. I started back to college for an engineering degree, ended up with an undergraduate math degree, and then a graduate degree in math education.

Anyway, I ended up teaching in the same high school that I graduated from. Many of my students were the children of former classmates, and it was always a little weird when 17 and 18 year olds would say, "my mom (or dad) went to high school with you," because I started that job when I was 36. It became easy to guess what THEY had done since graduation.

I am no longer teaching (that's another story altogether) but feel that completing my education was an important personal achievement. Please be proud (and yes, even a bit smug) of what you are doing, and I wish you every success in your studies.
September 27, 2008
Part of me wonders if that first girl I spoke of shat out a second kid to get back at her mother for making her give up her first kid. I wonder if this second one will get hauled off to the orphanage too.

I know this girl who used to be in my old school got knocked up at 14 and dropped out, and her own Moo adopted the kid after TeenMoo was trying to hurt her glorious progeny (the kid was raised to think his biological momma was his sister). And then when the kid got to be about three, TeenMoo began trying to make the kid call her "mommy". I understand she was probably mad that her mother took her kid away, but really, how confusing must it be for the kid to be calling two women "mommy"? And imagine the stares he'll get if he ever tells anyone, "Hey, my sister is my mommy!"

I don't pity the dumbshit girls who get themselves into these messes, but I do pity the kids who are being raised by said dumbshits.
deegee
September 27, 2008
Back in 2001, I was able to get my hands on a compilation of what some of my fellow high school classmates had done in the 20 years since we graduated (in 1981). I wasn't really friends with many of them (except the one who got the list for me). This was done as part of the 20th year reunion which I did not attend.

Anyway, I was amazed at the ages of their kyds. Many of them were in their mid to late teens, some as old as 19 (which means we know what they were doing the summer after we graduated LOL!). Some of them had been married for fewer years than their oldest kyd. Of course, they could have been married then divorced then remarried and simply omitted that part from the description. Then again, I think it is more likely they got knocked up before they got married.

I did not reply to the request for this info back in 2001 or in 2006 when they had their 25th reunion. Nor did I have any plans to attend the overpriced reunion at $90 per head (to see a bunch of 43-year-olds I couldn't stand when I was 18). I considered for about 10 seconds doing a "Revenge of the Nerds" thing to to boast how I did not have to work full-time any more because I was CF, but I passed on that.

I did use that 2001 compilation in 2006 to find a HS friend I had fallen out of touch with after his life went downhill for a few years before I learned a later that he was engaged to a coworker of mine back in the late 1980s. She and I stumbled onto this fantastic "small world" story one day but unfortunately, I was never able to meet my long-lost friend and she quit the company to move to Alaska with him (so he could fulfill his Army-sponsored college tuition). In late 2006, while on a visit to New York (to visit her parents) from his suburban Chicago home, he stopped by to visit me and we caught up with 25 years of stuff (beyond our emails in 2006). By the way, they have been married since 1988 and are CF.
September 27, 2008
Cambion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Part of me wonders if that first girl I spoke of
> shat out a second kid to get back at her mother
> for making her give up her first kid. I wonder if
> this second one will get hauled off to the
> orphanage too.
>
> I know this girl who used to be in my old school
> got knocked up at 14 and dropped out, and her own
> Moo adopted the kid after TeenMoo was trying to
> hurt her glorious progeny (the kid was raised to
> think his biological momma was his sister). And
> then when the kid got to be about three, TeenMoo
> began trying to make the kid call her "mommy". I
> understand she was probably mad that her mother
> took her kid away, but really, how confusing must
> it be for the kid to be calling two women "mommy"?
> And imagine the stares he'll get if he ever tells
> anyone, "Hey, my sister is my mommy!"
>
> I don't pity the dumbshit girls who get themselves
> into these messes, but I do pity the kids who are
> being raised by said dumbshits.

Some people aren't happy unless they are in the middle of a chaotic drama--the messier, the better. I guess it gives their otherwise boring and silly lives some excitement, or at least another reason to be on their cellphones.
September 27, 2008
I wish, really wish, that a culture of awe and respect would emerge in this country for the scholar, as in other countries. In many places, "just studying" is an honorable profession and one with status. I view scholars that way. Anyone pursuing a life of the mind has my respect. Anyone with enough oomph and independence to swim against the torrential Lifescript River also has my respect. I think what you are doing is excellent and laudable.
September 27, 2008
There is nothing wrong with feeling smug about not choosing the lowest, easiest, cheapest path in life.

Just because you shared a high school with these girls and just because x number of the populus in the locale are dirt-common doesnt mean YOU have to be similar. If almost all of them married at 18 and started squeezin out kids at 19 and didn't stop til they had at least 7 living does NOT mean this ought to be YOUR standards. Natually, THEY'D have you believe you ought to live up to their standards because they have an AGENDA.

And I kind of object to the idea that you might be considered smug or uppity when in fact you are NORMAL and GOOD.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
September 28, 2008
You know, I've always been made to feel strange because I love to learn new things. I like to study geology and astronomy. I think a lot of those women are jealous of you because you chose to use you brain and they chose to shit out one brat after another.

I think you chose the better path, so don't feel bad because what you wanted and went after is normal and good and wholesome.
barbara
September 28, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish, really wish, that a culture of awe and
> respect would emerge in this country for the
> scholar, as in other countries. In many places,
> "just studying" is an honorable profession and one
> with status. I view scholars that way. Anyone
> pursuing a life of the mind has my respect. Anyone
> with enough oomph and independence to swim against
> the torrential Lifescript River also has my
> respect.

It's absolutely disgusting the way American society worships the athletes and places them on a pedestal, but the scholars and straight-A persons are called derogatory terms such as nerds, geeks, or losers.
September 28, 2008
Good point, barbara. I heard that all the time in junior and senior high school, then later, in college. Great that athletes can do all these things--bully for them! But why are intellectual accomplishments always pushed to the side? Why are those who accomplish intellectually instead of athletically treated in this way? I really don't care half as much about the friggin' Olympics as I do someone finding something that will benefit humanity.

This is another reason so many children do not reach their full intellectual potential. If you can play some sport well, they want to put the friggin' world at your feet, but if you are an intellectual, they cannot find enough ways to make you feel second-class. This is another reason we are perceived as having third-rate intellects.
September 28, 2008
Re: athletes...

I have noticed - at least in my old high school - all the athletes were total boneheads. They were all in the easy-peasy classes and had lots of rules bent for them. Being able to make a half-court shot or kick a goal is great for attention, but let's face it...brains get you farther in the real world than athletic ability. I also wish sports weren't the apple of every high school's eye because a lot of these dumb-assed kids think they really have what it takes to go pro because of all the glory they receive, whereas brilliant people may not know their worth because no one glorifies being intelligent.

And the parents are another story entirely, especially the ones who push kids into sports because they want to be known as the incredible parents who spawned a high school football prodigy (which is probably because Duhddy was too wimpy or fat or what-not to make the team - vicarious living: yay!)
September 28, 2008
I also wish scholars and brainiacs were given more respect in our society.

I clearly remember the bitches who laughed at me on the first day of school in seventh grade because I had my clarinet with me for marching band rehearsal that afternoon. I'll bet any money that those hos are ugly, stretched-out, miserable breeders who live off of welfare and live pathetic lives. My musical abilities have taken me to some cool, wonderful places in life with regards to travel, academic, and performing opportunities, not to mention meeting some great people.

Those of us on this board live fulfilling lives while the dopes we had to deal with in our teenage years are too stupid to know any different.
allison
September 28, 2008
As a non-American, I don't understand why all students whose talents and interests that are both intellectual and artistic are treated like crap.

WTF is wrong with playing a musical instrument and being on the honor roll, debate team, drama club, marching band, science, chess and math clubs? It sounds ridiculous.
barbara
September 28, 2008
As a non-American, I don't understand why all students whose talents and interests that are both intellectual and artistic are treated like crap.

WTF is wrong with playing a musical instrument and being on the honor roll, debate team, drama club, marching band, science, chess and math clubs? It sounds ridiculous.
deegee
September 28, 2008
In my HS, the jocks were afforded a lot of attention (even those on sports teams which did poorly, more on that later) while those geeks like me who excelled in our non-athletic activities were often ridiculed.

It was rare to get recognition for my academic and brainy extra-curricular activities, but it was great when it happened. Getting trophies and other awards at the year-end assembly was very gratifying. But the one thing which has stuck in my craw all these years was that there was NOT A SINGLE PICTURE in my HS yearbook of any of the extra-curricular clubs I was in! I was in the chess club and the mathletes but you won't find even one single group shot of all of us! You would not even know these clubs existed if you looked in the yearbook. Meanwhile, there were group photos of all the other non-athletic clubs and lots and lots of pictures of the sports teams including individual pictures of the graduating seniors, some of them full-page shots. And some of those teams had winless records while my mathletes were in the top ten in the county and my chess team had a winning record. I made the mathletes all-star team but nobody would ever know that.

I complained to my school's principal and he gave me a free copy of the previous year's yearbook which did have group photos of those 2 clubs, hardly sufficient compensation.

Sorry to rant so much on this but it was the final straw of disrespect from my HS.
September 29, 2008
I feel quite smug when I go onto classmates.com and check out the profiles of my classmates and others I knew from high school in classes ahead and behind me. Nearly all of them are saddled with kids. They post pictures, too. Needless to say, they all look about 20 years older than I do and their kids are horrible.

I wrote up one hell of a profile and Q&A, and have pictures of me and hubby on our trips, our wedding in May and pix of our fuzzy faces. I always make it a point to sign my classmates guestbooks so they check out my profile. Smug is a great feeling.
September 29, 2008
You ROCK KFLL!:sw:beer
September 29, 2008
Our school was the largest (student body wise) in the region when I attended and there were around 3000 students at any given time during my 3 years of attendence. So, I run into quite a few former classmates when I am visiting my home city. However, with FEW exceptions they recognize ME, not the other way around. They come up to me with the typical, " I would have known you ANYWHERE! OMG, YOU LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!" All the while I am trying to figure out WHO in the hell they are! Most of them look older than they should and they ALL have kyds and a few have grandpups. MOST of these whores didn't heed sun worship warnings of the 80's and just kept on going to tanning beds and baking in the sun and their skin looks like an 80 y/o farmer. Combine the sun damaged skin, the years of childbirth and the kyd raising which accompanies it, and you have some 40-45 y/o women who look older than my mother, who will soon be 65.

The wealthier ones who could afford cosmetic surgery look like plastic 40 something Barbie dolls with unnatural looking features and skin that is too smooth in some places and their wrinkled hands and turkey necks don't match their youthful looking, from the chin up faces. They look exactly like a 40+ y/o who is TRYING to look twenty, which I think looks worse than a 40 y/o who is just well maintained and well preserved. I am not opposed to cosmetic surgery, but it should enhance your natural appearance not drastically alter it or give unnatural or unrealistic looking results. I feel rather smug when I run into the geriatric Barbies.tongue sticking out smiley
September 29, 2008
You couldn't pay me to atend a reunion of that group of low life white trash potheads.
September 29, 2008
Nope. Me neither. I've never been to any one of my h.s. or college reunions. My attitude is...that was just a phase in my early life; why revisit it? Hasn't everyone moved on to bigger things?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login