Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders sue Disney for making their autistic kids wait in line 15 minutes

Posted by kittehpeoples 
Disney autism court cases can move forward, appeals court rules

Seriously. Waiting 15 minutes is too long. Do they take these kids anywhere else? Ever had to wait in line at Walmart? If you can't control your kid for 15 minutes, you have no business with a kid, period. Or if your kid is truly uncontrollable for that amount of time, don't fucking take them to Stimulation Central.
So how do they cope in the lunch line at school, waiting in ER or lining up in the store?

That GAC scheme Diznee used to have was massively abused with people even getting their children to pretend to be disabled in order to get on rides quicker and have all sorts of accommodations like using their 7 year old's stroller as a 'wheelchair'...

By the way I can't seem to get that link to work, is there an alternative one please?
It isn't clear from the article why the appeals court sent the case back to the lower (district) court. ("further proceedings")

The only people who will truly gain from this garbage are……..the lawyers! At least, it better be, as I can't see why a bunch of kids who can't wait 15 minutes on line have any right to sue. If they prevail, it sets a really bad precedent.
I don't really see this thing going through. Unless Disney made a promise that no child shall wait in line for more than ten minutes I really don't think they have a case. The defense is going to have a field day. Character assassination isn't hard when you're an impatient twat using your child for a settlement paycheck.
cflucy, see if this link works:

https://www.courthousenews.com/court-revives-30-cases-alleging-anti-autism-bias-at-disney/

This one mentions a few rebuttals (Disney pointed out that these parents managed to get their kids to the parks by plane or car-- was that instantaneous?) and a federal judge's opinion that "the demand for near-immediate ride access had more to do with the personal preferences of the parents than any neurological impairments suffered by the children." Gee, ya think? Entitled breeders have no limits.
Ha. It never pays to cater to breeders, especially those who have special-needs brats. These people are ANGRY about their situation, and will lash out at anyone, anytime, for any given reason. If they think they'll get paid something, they will go for it - whether they deserve it or not.

Entitlement at its finest, folks. I wonder how long it will be before Disney grabs a brain and revokes this special privilege? It seems that they have given an inch, but breeders will always take a mile.
wonder how these entitlemoos will handle a massive civilization collapse? bet in that scenario they'd be the first to dump the awtard in the woods

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Article
Many of the plaintiffs live with severe autism so they cannot understand the concept of time and struggle waiting at rides at Walt Disney World as well as Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, according to courts documents.

Then don't fucking take them to a place where they need to sit still and wait! Amusements parks are the absolute worst place to take an awtard. These people can't handle overstimulation, being still, being quiet, or being patient, yet some tard wranglers think it's a great idea to take them someplace where they can experience all those things at once. And then they blame the guests or the park when the tard melts down.

Disability or not, you're gonna have to wait a little bit to get on a ride because they have to make sure it's safe for the tard and get other people off the ride safely first. Sounds to me like the tard wranglers didn't like having to deal with the consequences of their awful decision to haul their awtards to a crowded, busy, loud place and figure they'll just sue because nobody's got deeper pockets than The Mouse.

Welp, joke's on them, I think, because The Mouse also has the best goddamn lawyers anywhere. They should shut the fuck up and be happy that the place is willing to try to accommodate awtards at all. Meanwhile, all us neuro-typical fucks have to stand in line for over an hour. I know I'd be pissed off if I had to wait forever sandwiched between sweaty people I don't know in 85-degree weather while the screeching Assburger who doesn't even know where they are or what's going on gets to jump the line, and probably pee their pants mid-ride for the next bunch of riders to enjoy.

I'd love to see Disney build a park specifically for disabled people, both physical and mental. Have everything be completely accessible, foam-padded, tard-proofed, the works. You know they could afford it! And not just so visitors with disabilities can get around easier, but also so they don't have to get in the way of the people who aren't disabled. But I know something like this would never happen because people would start crying "segregation" and "discrimination." They can't be special when an entire park is nothing but special people, after all.

This case is way too frivolous to not be thrown out. You can't go to one of the busiest fucking parks in the country and not expect to wait a little bit, no matter how awtarded you are.
On the one hand they want their kids to have "normal lives" (which apparently in these cases involve mandatory trips to theme parks), but on the other they want to be catered to at every turn because their children are "special." What they should be doing is paying attention to their children's needs-- if the kid's getting too stressed, go back to the hotel. If the kid can't handle the stimulation at all, don't fucking go. Nobody owes them a trip to a theme park, to say nothing about inconveniencing everyone else around them.

I love the Disney parks. I have to use a wheelchair to go, otherwise I'm only good for a couple of hours. But being in a chair doesn't magically make me pain-free, and waiting in line is harder on me than it would be for someone who is healthy. If these breeders get their way, where they claim "autism" and are shunted to the front of every line and allowed to ride as many times as they want without disembarking, people like me are going to pay for it. I don't think my (or anyone else's) day should be cut short because these idiots are increasing the wait time even more.
Why would anyone take an autistic kid to a theme park? It sounds like a recipe for disaster. The majority of these suits are about the parents wanting to be accommodated and made to feel important. The kids are probably stressed and uncomfortable.
cfinboston
Why would anyone take an autistic kid to a theme park? It sounds like a recipe for disaster. The majority of these suits are about the parents wanting to be accommodated and made to feel important. The kids are probably stressed and uncomfortable.

I actually asked somebody this once...if stimulation is so hard on them, why take them to freaking Disney World? The moo gave me some carefully worded and rehearsed crap about teachable moments and a safe environment, but it certainly didn't convince me. If I had a kid I knew would get that stressed someplace, I sure as hell wouldn't take them there if I didn't have to. It's cruel.

I understand if a kid wants to go to a theme park. Of course they do. And I understand a parent of a special needs child (whether the disability is physical or mental) wanting to give their kid as normal a life as possible and let them share experiences normal kids have. But ffs, if you know your kid is prone to meltdowns-- especially if you're paying enough attention to learn the cues ahead of time-- schedule accordingly. Spend a couple hours in the park. Ride one or two rides. Then LEAVE. Go back to the hotel, use the pool, go do something less hectic. Then when the kid's calmed down, go back to the park. People will normal kids do this all the time; they schedule in nap times and junk like that. Why can't these parents do the same?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login