Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Great Depression 2.0

Posted by nowhiggers 
nowhiggers
The Great Depression 2.0
September 29, 2008
The only reaction I had today when the congress rejected this asinine bailout was

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Last week I called all of ours to register our opposition to this.

Don't be fooled childfree folks. These scare tactics about how this is going to solve the problem is a fucking flat out LIE. It's not going to solve anything. It may delay the problem for a few months, but the credit derrivatives haven't even come to fruition yet.

Now don't get scared. Because you need to know and understand as a childfree person, you have done without for many years, you have no social contract or social safety net and you've gotten by just fine. Maybe there have been times you have had to do with less, but as a CF, you accept that because that's the way it's always been for the CF.

Who is going to take the big hit with Depression 2.0? You got it, THE GODDAMNED BREEDERS and their SUV lifestyles, houses they could not afford, welfare payments, etc. Breeders HAVE NEVER had to do without in this country, and their time is here. The only thing you need to worry about is protecting what you have from them, because once the government goes bankrupt, and we are just at that point now, there will be no more welfare, no more catering and coddling of the breeder.

Last night Nancy Pelosi came on tv to tell Wall Street "the party is over" (big fat fucking lie, it's never over for them) now today, if this bailout stays good and DEAD, the party will be over for the breeder.

Times are going to get harder, but all of us here will be in a better position than moo and her 6 out of wedlock brats to take care of ourselves.

Tonight, DH and I shall celebrate with a bottle of champagne.
CFTeen
Re: The Great Depression 2.0
September 29, 2008
I read the news only a few hours ago...and am weeping for joy that this did not get passed. (this time)

You are absolutely on the mark about who's gonna get clobbered biggest!! The chickens are gonna come home to roost for a ton of people who bought all sorts of kindercrap, Hugh-Jass houses and SUV's *and couldn't bloody afford them in the first place!*

There is a TON of hanky-stomping and hand-wringing going on right now.

married with rabbits - I highly suggest a shotgun or two if you're thinking simple home defense. Pump-reload models are a bit more reliable than semi-auto. Get one in 10 guage or 12 gauge - if you can handle that monster. Ammo is cheap (and can be retooled), mechanism simple, aiming is easier, plus one hell of a scare factor. Get some few 'sabot' or 'slug' rounds to so you can imitate a rifle if need be.
nowhiggers
September 29, 2008
We live right near a trashy trailer breeder town that lives on nothing but welfare and meth. We are going to do the same thing as you, rabbits.
I have never owned a gun, much less shot one off, but we are looking for recommendations now on what kind of firearm we should have here to protect the house. I am open to suggestions. It should be something easy to use for beginners yet effective against maurading breeders that might stampede the house.
Anonymous User
September 29, 2008
nowhiggers do you really think it is going to get that bad? what estimated time limit?
nowhiggers
September 29, 2008
CFTeen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read the news only a few hours ago...and am
> weeping for joy that this did not get passed.
> (this time)
>
> You are absolutely on the mark about who's gonna
> get clobbered biggest!! The chickens are gonna
> come home to roost for a ton of people who bought
> all sorts of kindercrap, Hugh-Jass houses and
> SUV's *and couldn't bloody afford them in the
> first place!*
>
> There is a TON of hanky-stomping and hand-wringing
> going on right now.

On cue now... Let's shed some tears for the po widdle moos who will now be on the same "social contract" as the childfree...

(crickets chirp)

bouncing and laughing

And oh yes, lots of hanky stomping and tear shedding going on right now. LOL. These idiots think this bailout is the way out of this mess, no, it's not. Living within your means and only having kids if you can afford it IS THE WAY OUT OF THIS FUCKING MESS.

doG I am estatic with joy right now!!!!!!!!!!
September 29, 2008
I was telling myself all of this in my head, but hearing someone else say it out loud (or in print) makes me feel a lot better. And MWR, I would also recommend a shotgun. My father is helping me find a 10 guage. He says there's nothing more intimidating to find yourself looking down the barrel of, and the fact that the ammo spreads out when you fire it makes it easier to hit your target.
September 29, 2008
Yeah but that also means those who have saved and invested in stock will suffer as well. Sucks that the breeders have screwed it up for those who tried to think ahead.
CFTeen
September 29, 2008
MerlynHerne Wrote:
> Yeah but that also means those who have saved and
> invested in stock will suffer as well. Sucks that
> the breeders have screwed it up for those who
> tried to think ahead.

Sadly so...sometimes I see my poor dad looking at his investments online...I swear he looks a year older each time.

My dear father worked his tail off for decades, employed by clueless morons (he could about trade stories with Dilbert), and his retirement is all going down the drain because we're all paying the piper for decades of rampant consumerism. SCREW YOU SELFISH BREEDERS!!!

Meh. Sorry, just had to let that one out...
September 29, 2008
Yeah, I should have figured a decent retirement was a pipe dream. Oh well. Just more of an example of breeder selfishness.
nowhiggers
September 29, 2008
MerlynHerne Wrote:
> tried to think ahead.

Mer, everyone is fucked anyhow. seriously. this bailout does not address anything that is coming down the pike (the credit derrivatives)
in the near future. All it is is a simple propping up, like putting lipstick on a pig, literally!

Here in California every bank was catering to illegal aliens when it came to home loans, illegal aliens= people who work for cash under the table and collect welfare payments for anchor babies. Now the central valley sits barren with literal graveyards of new mcmansion style homes that were sold to the illegal, with no proof of income, no ID, and no credit. That's just one example. The corporations made it very easy for people to act stupid, to breed and buy and buy and buy, because at the end of the day, they knew that their backers, the democrats and republicans would run to their fucking rescue to make the losses public but let the profits stay private. That is not a free market, that is facism through and through.

And this bailout is just that, pure corporate facism, and more coddling of McBreeder, illegal alien and otherwise.
deegee
September 29, 2008
MerlynHerne Wrote:
> tried to think ahead.

Same here. My company's quarterly stock evaluation will be released tomorrow. [We are not traded publicly, for now.] I hope today's big dip doesn't screw that up. Today was the pre-evaluation blackout day so nobody could sell in case it ends up dropping.

I am a bit nervous about the timing of today's dip.
nowhiggers
September 29, 2008
This dude has the breeders number... right on down the line. And his voice is not a marginal voice, it's the same thing all of these economists are saying. Have a read:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/29/miron.bailout/index.html

Story Highlights
Jeffrey Miron: Government encouraged lenders to relax their standards
Mortgages were given to people unqualified to repay them, he says
Miron: Rather than a bailout, government should let firms go bankrupt
Talk of economic Armageddon is scare-mongering, Miron says

The sky is falling the sky is falling! We have to bailout the wall street idiots and the breeders! AAAAAAAAghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

No, what we need are some hard times in this country, of which the childfree will weather just fine since we've never been the recipients of either the corporate OR social welfare that enables breeder lifestyles.
Anonymous User
September 29, 2008
First off: Everyone! Leave your investments alone! Things WILL bounce back and your losses will pale in comparison to your gains. But it will take time, leave your shit alone.

Second: MWR: I also am only 5'2" and have many, many guns. I won't bore the rest of the board with details, but I am in the public safety sector and if you're serious regarding recommendations, PM me and I will be happy to give you some ideas regarding self-protection.
nowhiggers
September 29, 2008
str8six Wrote:
> First off: Everyone! Leave your investments
> alone! Things WILL bounce back and your losses
> will pale in comparison to your gains. But it
> will take time, leave your shit alone.
>
> Second: MWR: I also am only 5'2" and have many,
> many guns. I won't bore the rest of the board
> with details, but I am in the public safety sector
> and if you're serious regarding recommendations,
> PM me and I will be happy to give you some ideas
> regarding self-protection.

We got rid of our investments as soon as the housing market started to tank a year or so ago and live strictly on a cash basis now, back then, we were called nutcases, right wing nuts and other assorted names (nevermind that we are both non religious and pro abortion). We knew what was coming.

I do not agree that we are going to see a bounce back. If so, it will be long enough to make the sheep think everything is ok, which is what this bailout was designed to do. Make no mistake, this bailout was designed to maintain the 2 party system, first, and second to put a bandaid over the whole mess for a little while longer. The credit derrivatives are the next thing to come and if you think this is bad, just wait. It's going to get much much much worse, bailout or not. The difference being that the bailout would delay the inevitable for a while.

I don't know if I agree that people should leave their investments alone. I guess that depends. One thing I do know is that you need to get economic advice on these matters from a professional that is not a wall street "playa" or connected heavily into either the democrat or republican parties.

The second thing here is that you should be fighting tooth and nail against any help for either wall street or the goddamned breeders that made this happen.

I'd like to hear your recommends for firearms for beginners. Would you mind posting them?
September 29, 2008
Yep, even though our modest stock portfolio is in the toilet (though it's OK since it's a buy-only portfolio whose stocks I never sell, and plan to hang onto for years on end) I too cheered today's decision. DH and I live a very low-key frugal life, pay our own way, and live below our means, even on one income, in a cute but tiny 700-square-foot house. We'll be fine...but perhaps those who lived far beyond their means/receive welfare in whatever politically correct disguised form may get a just dessert or two.
nowhiggers
September 29, 2008
nokyds4me Wrote:
> nowhiggers do you really think it is going to get
> that bad? what estimated time limit?

This is the tip of the iceberg. literally. 2009 more ARMs are going to reset, and maybe sooner you'll see the credit default swaps / derrivatives mess.

If the bailout passes, to keep the ship from sinking for another year or less, then we would be looking at inflation whether it works to prop up the economy or not. We have to print money to do this. Weinmar Germany anyone? If the bailout was or is passed in the future we are looking at MASSIVE inflation. $400 for a loaf of bread, anyone? Moo will be able to buy exactly 1 and a half loaves of bread with her $600 in food stamps, and to raise that to give moo her cartload of junk food or lobster and steaks she is so fond of would require a printing of money. LOL. Not going to happen. In the climb to inflation (the passage of this bill) you would want to diversify your money into some gold or precious metals.

If we do not give these theives, wall street and the breeders they catered to with the mortgages and easy credit for kindercrap, their precious bailout we will have massive deflation. That means prices tank. That means, if you are cf and live on a cash basis style with as little debt as possible, no brats to look after, and a low key lifestyle, you aren't going to suffer as much, and in particular since none of us have ever become accustomed to and expecting special handouts, special treatment, massive tax breaks, we aren't going to lose our fucking minds (or in the case of breeders, pea brains) when that welfare check stops coming. In a deflation, you'd want to diversify some of your cash, maybe all of it, into the bottom of your mattress where it is safe.

In all cases, you should be ready to run before the concentration camps open up. bouncing and laughing
Anonymous User
September 30, 2008
you guys really love that 2nd amendment.. you can tell me get fucked,but i will still love youbouncing and laughing
September 30, 2008
This whole economy and shit scares the fucking living HELL out of me.

Now I know why, when my grandparents died and we were cleaning out their house, that we found upwards of $70,000 in envelopes, taped on the insides of the furniture, behind the drawers. They didn't trust banks, they were born in the early 1900's and lived through all the shit.

Looks like it's comin' around again, just like the Carly Simon song. LOL

Mine and hubby's 401k's will be worth a big 'ol NUTHIN soon. I realize we won't be needing it for many years yet but why have it wiped out only to have to build it up again? I think we're going to invest in a fireproof safe and start cramming money in there.
Anonymous User
September 30, 2008
nowhiggers Wrote:
> MerlynHerne Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah but that also means those who have saved
> and
> > invested in stock will suffer as well. Sucks
> that
> > the breeders have screwed it up for those who
> > tried to think ahead.
>
>
> Mer, everyone is fucked anyhow. seriously. this
> bailout does not address anything that is coming
> down the pike (the credit derrivatives)
> in the near future. All it is is a simple propping
> up, like putting lipstick on a pig, literally!
>
> Here in California every bank was catering to
> illegal aliens when it came to home loans, illegal
> aliens= people who work for cash under the table
> and collect welfare payments for anchor babies.
> Now the central valley sits barren with literal
> graveyards of new mcmansion style homes that were
> sold to the illegal, with no proof of income, no
> ID, and no credit. That's just one example. The
> corporations made it very easy for people to act
> stupid, to breed and buy and buy and buy, because
> at the end of the day, they knew that their
> backers, the democrats and republicans would run
> to their fucking rescue to make the losses public
> but let the profits stay private. That is not a
> free market, that is facism through and through.
>
> And this bailout is just that, pure corporate
> facism, and more coddling of McBreeder, illegal
> alien and otherwise.

Nowhiggers, don't get me wrong, but I would dearly love figures to back what you have said up. I imagine california would be worse than other areas in the 'poor widdle illegals' mentality: someone on worldnetdaily said that part of this is also gubbermint caused (forcing banks to lend to less than ideal customers in the name of diversity), but I would like to know where to find the figures. (btw, wnd also mentioned loans to illegals.) However, I would like to know how much impact the illegals had in all this.
Not surprisingly I saw some sob piece on how these poor illegals come here and all they wanna do is wooork. (If this is the case, how come 25% of federal prisoners are these @#$%^@#$% illegals??). They are doing here what they did in their own turd world neighborhoods: out-breed resources. Sadly, and very sadly what this planet needs is one hell of a plague that will burn through 60% of each nations population.

p.s.: sometimes i sound like that song "Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.."
Anonymous User
September 30, 2008
> I'd like to hear your recommends for firearms for
> beginners. Would you mind posting them?

Not at all: What I carry on me (or in my purse, depends where I am and what I'm doing), is a Keltec .380. It's small, compact and carries a very powerful round. For home use I have several. On my nightstand is a Ruger .45, next to me leaning against the nightstand is a brand new SKS (got it for my birthday this year :-D), and under the bed on my side is a Mossberg 12 gauge. In the den where we watch TV is a S&W .44, and my husband has several guns/rifles/shotguns of his own - I won't bore you with all of his.

If you have never been exposed to guns before, I recommend going to your nearest public range and getting some lessons starting with a revolver, then working your way up to a small semi-auto, like my Keltec. You really need to learn some gun basic do's and don'ts before you have one in your home - after all, what's protection going to do if you're not comfortable using it? - and they can also bring you up to speed on what your states' law/s are regarding carrying personal protection. Once you learn some basics, I recommend something small that fits your hands comfortably - you'll need to shoot a few in order to find out - and definitely a shotgun for in-home protection. Nothing is scarier then hearing a shell getting chambered into a shotgun. Yes, the kickback is HARD, but with some professional guidance, you will learn that a little kickback is not going to kill you. Shotguns are wonderful because all the pellets in the round spread (that's why they're also known as 'scatter guns'), almost guaranteeing some form of contact with the perpetrator if they're too stupid to turn around and get the fuck out after hearing that rack!

I wouldn't worry about rifles, most times when people are using guns for their own defense, it is a close-contact situation - expert target shooting is not necessary, either a nice revolver or semi-auto handgun for carrying protection and a shot-gun for home protection should do just fine. Get to know your guns intimately and know where their safety's are, how many rounds they hold, whether or not you're comfortable with a round in the chamber and what type of ammo you're using (hollow points for example are what you would want in your handguns for protection, target rounds for practice).

I have never been without a weapon to protect myself, I just don't see how people feel comfortable these days without a little something to defend themselves. It's a crazy world! Good luck in your search, I promise you it is worth the peace of mind when you know you have the appropriate weapon in which to defend yourself, and know how to use it.

Roger: We most certainly do! And don't worry, I wont tell you to get fucked, you'll get fucked enough all on your own if ever you're in a life or death situation with some cock-sucker wanting your money or your wife and nothing to protect yourselves with wink.
k-man
September 30, 2008
Str8six has excellent advice on weapons. As someone else who is comfortable with weapons and worked with them in corrections, I would add that most women will be far more comfortable with a smaller-caliber handgun, say .22 or .25 caliber, both for ease of handling and lower kick when firing. For in-house protection, get leaded ammo designed to stop instead of "full metal jacket" ammo that goes through everything, and get plenty of it. Using ammo that expands and stops upon contact makes up for the lower stopping power that smaller-caliber guns have.

Practice when you can. It's fun. And this is one reason to get plenty of ammo. The other is to ensure you have some on hand at all times. In an emergency an empty handgun is worthless.

Roger, without the Second Amendment the others including the First are useless. Ask the Brits, the New Zealanders, and even the Canadians with their speech codes forbidding "hate speech" (whatever it is defined to be), "homophobia", "Holocaust denial", and the like. Australia is rapidly going down the same path. Even raising legitimate questions about certain topics is greatly frowned upon in those countries today. It seems unlikely that this board could safely exist in any other English-speaking country. It is no coincidence to me that these other countries all prohibit or greatly restrict personal handguns.
September 30, 2008
str8six: one of the most helpful and informative answers I've ever seen on the subject! Thank you!
nowhiggers
September 30, 2008
two cents ΒΆΒΆ Wrote:

> Nowhiggers, don't get me wrong, but I would dearly
> love figures to back what you have said up. I
> imagine california would be worse than other areas
> in the 'poor widdle illegals' mentality: someone
> on worldnetdaily said that part of this is also
> gubbermint caused (forcing banks to lend to less
> than ideal customers in the name of diversity),
> but I would like to know where to find the
> figures. (btw, wnd also mentioned loans to
> illegals.) However, I would like to know how much
> impact the illegals had in all this.
> Not surprisingly I saw some sob piece on how these
> poor illegals come here and all they wanna do is
> wooork. (If this is the case, how come 25% of
> federal prisoners are these @#$%^@#$% illegals??).
> They are doing here what they did in their own
> turd world neighborhoods: out-breed resources.
> Sadly, and very sadly what this planet needs is
> one hell of a plague that will burn through 60% of
> each nations population.
>

Wingnutdaily isn't the only one saying the Community Reinvestment Act is part and parcel to this mess, that was on CNN yesterday, scroll up for the link to the article written by the economist from Harvard, I posted that in this thread. This is coming from a lot of economists.

I wish I had figures to give you. I don't and don't even know where to find them. I can tell you this: I have driven through the central valley and seen the graveyards of mcmansions sitting empty, hundreds of them. You can probably do some searches on forclosures and get an idea. Another thing here in California, also Nevada, used to be, you could not drive by a bank that didn't have "hablo espanol bullshitto" signs and advertisements for home loans targeting whhaaaatttt?? Certainly not Mexican American CITIZENS (citizens all speak english). Do a search on banks and illegal aliens, you might come up with something like that. I don't have to look this stuff up because I can just look around me. lol.
September 30, 2008
I think you're right about looking after yourselves and your belongings -- when the economy goes bad, burglary and mugging go up. Here in the UK, it's a matter of getting that burglar alarm hard-wired into the property rather than guns, but it's the same notion.

I do think a modified bailout is a good idea though -- I know many of you would disagree! But as it happens I used to work for several years at a certain now-defunct investment bank, whose name started with Leh and ended with man.

The loaning end of business (and I don't mean mortgages to people who cannot afford, but today's problem which is intra-banking loans and business loans etc) is all to do with liquidity. If banks and companies cannot get their hands on extra funds, they can't 'do stuff' in the near future. By that I mean expand, or move, or develop new products and materials, or introduce new branches, or make imports, or hire, or purchase, and so on. And the less they can do, the less profitable they are. The less profitable they are, the more likely they are to have to... downsize. And you know what that means.

See the bounce going on across the stock markets? They plummet and then they rise again the next day. That means that for every seller of a share, there's a buyer. So far. But without a bailout, the stock market will be less and less elastic -- the 'ups' won't match the 'downs'. There'll be no chance of resolving broken securities (packages of bad debt), no chance of liquidity being stimulated, and no chance of businesses such as your corner shop and your local pizzaria and the 80-year old rinky-dink department store in town (and true enough eventually for behemoths like WalMart, BP, GMC, etc and the millions they employ) being able to keep employees and stay in business.

Being against the bailout for the sake of socking-it to the illegals and the companies who stupidly 'sold' them houses is like drinking a bottle of poison in the hope that somebody you hate will die.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
September 30, 2008
clematis Wrote:
> str8six: one of the most helpful and informative
> answers I've ever seen on the subject! Thank you!

You're quite welcome, and I'd like to touch on k-mans' thoughts as well: I do know women who are comfortable with the smaller caliber guns, and if that's what you want, there's NOTHING wrong with a lighter weapon.

It's all in what you feel is right for you. A smaller caliber is certainly a very viable option and has the added bonus of 'scrambling' the insides as it ricochets off the skeletal system , but don't be discouraged by a slightly larger one just because it kicks a little more. A good instructor will start you out (usually) with a small revolver (less kickback), and work their way up. In my area, most women handle the same type of weapons men do with no problem at all - hence my Mossberg wink
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login