Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bailout Bill: Tax Breaks for Kids' Wooden Arrows, Thank God

Posted by clematis 
Bailout Bill: Tax Breaks for Kids' Wooden Arrows, Thank God
October 01, 2008
So. Have you read the 451-page bailout bill just approved by the Senate? You can get the pdf here. One reason why it's so long is it contains oceans of pork dealing with tax breaks for:

--makers of kids' wooden arrows
--Nascar racetrack facility
--wool research
--farm machinery (but no grain bin or cotton ginning asset, sorry)
--abandoned mine reclamation
--rural school self-determination (whatever the hell that means aside from someone stuffing their pockets)
--hurricane Ike relief
--TV- and filmmakers

To me, nothing says "revive the U.S. economy" like "cheaper kids' wooden arrows."
The pork starts on page 261.
This is why I can no longer vote or participate in America. Aside from just paying the minimum tax amount necessary to the government criminals out of my paycheck so that I don't go to jail, I just don't participate anymore.

I did participate and call these asshats and to tell mine how I wanted them to vote on this bailout. Lots of others did the same thing and the overwhelming majority of calls these fuckers got were NO, and yet, they still vote Yes. That's not representation, and it's not even democracy.

What the hell is the point of voting in the elections? It seems to be nothing more than a formality.

If there wasn't jail for not paying the bastards, just bad credit and fines, I'd give 'em the middle finger for sure and take the bad credit and never pay the fines either. lol. Of course, that's why there is jail, because they know they can do whatever the fuck they want and people will still have to pay up out of their paychecks each and every goddamned week.
I have been NOT voting for years, america is no longer a good country, whats the fucken point in voting? it doesnt change anything EVER, its all smoke and mirrors and complete bullshit
Re: Bailout Bill: Tax Breaks for Kids' Wooden Arrows, Thank God
October 02, 2008
Yep, and as it's been said, we don't have a democracy, we have an auction.
For a lighter moment, a Jay Leno joke from the other night:

"I tried to cash a check the other day, the check was good but the BANK bounced!" LMAO
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login