Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1181 Tanglewood Article - Frum Famblees

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
1181 Tanglewood Article - Frum Famblees
April 07, 2006
The owner of that joint ROCKS. I wish I knew the name so I could go there personally and shake his hand. Good for him, breeders need to be put in their place and if they don't like it, then go eat at Chuck-E-Cheez.

In one paragraph, breeder Moo writes, "So why not put up a sign warning parents that if they can't control their children, the restaurant has the right to refuse service?" Well, maybe because then you'd have the backlash of mommies crying and boycotting just like they did to that guy's restaurant we talked about here a bit back, who put a sign on his restaurant door about kids using inside voices and behaving.

Keep the bitches and their brood out completely. You can ask all you want but if there are high chairs, the kids are going to be there and you can bet they won't be behaving. This way, they are not accomodated in any way, shape, or form so they can't stay. Period. And the childfree are happy. And that's all that matters in my world.
I wish I knew the name of the place too, so we could support it. I think the blogger was in St.Louis, am I right? Maybe we could do a google search for St. Louis kosher restaurants or something.
Moos are never happy re: how they are treated unless you totally kiss their and the sprogs' asses. And, they need a sign posted for everything, even common sense stuff and common courtesy.

Then if you post the damn sign, they are angry b/c you actually expect something out of THEM, and they don't want to comply b/c they are special, donchaknow?
Re: 1181 Tanglewood Article - Frum Famblees
April 09, 2006
I almost have to disagree after reading the article. The owner of the kosher restaurant probably may subscribe to the Orthodox rulings regarding women and how they must breed to keep the faith alive. Wanting to bar the frum families even if the kids are well-behaved is akin to a Catholic priest condemning abortion & birth control while demanding that a mother with a baby leave church because of the crying. These religions cannot have it both ways -- demanding that women breed and then not wanting to have the "little darlings" around. Just my $.02...
confused smiley
The owner isn't agaisnt Orthodox Jewish families; he's against bratty kids!
But yeah, I would like to patrionize his establishement for the brat-free atmosphere (plus I LIKE kosher food). That place and "A Taste of Heavin" in Chicago.
April 10, 2006
Very true, Fattie! I guess I was inwardly raging at the pro-life Catholics this morning when I started typing away. With abortion and contraception rights vanishing in this country, I am having a lot of issues right now. All I can say is that I am glad I got a tubal ligation....
Anonymous User
April 10, 2006
The Abortion debate is heating up here in Australia aswell...God I dont know what I would do if they made it illeagal here and I got preggas - I rekon I would rip the god damm thing out myself with a coathanger lol smiling smiley
April 11, 2006
Years ago on another CF site, I high-fived a woman who said she would yank out her baby and toss it if abortion was criminalized. All of a sudden, this person and others who agreed with her were viewed as the Second Satan. I would do the same thing if abortion was criminalized. No way would anyone force me to have that baby. No freaking WAY!
April 11, 2006
come to the UK, we got plenty of clinics, and none of this stupidity

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
April 11, 2006
I'm worried here in Canada. Abortion's been legal (and I think covered under healthcare) for a while, but with the new ultra-conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper, our rights may be at risk (as well as the recently passed same-sex marriage bill, and our position on Iraq). Harper is near Bush on the political spectrum, which for Canada is extremely right, since our whole spectrum is shifted left from the States.

The good thing is that he's got a minority government and all the other parties are left of him, so if he tries to take away abortion or gay rights, his government will be planted on it's ass and another election will be called, pronto.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.