Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Rave (For Once)

Posted by MerlynHerne 
A Rave (For Once)
October 05, 2008
Remember the co-worker of DH who recently announced she was pregnant? Well, you guys all know how down on that sort of thing I am. However, DH was talking with her last night (this woman drives him home). She told DH that she is NOT going on welfare. She plans to start a small savings account and to deposit her tax refund to tide her over when she has to take maternity leave. She feels she is making enough and can afford the kid without any help. I was really pleased to see that. Yeah, she made a mistake gettting preggers, but she is willing to deal with it on her own. How many single moos are willing to do that these days? I know of only one other single woman with a child doing so.

Now THIS I can applaud! She is taking responsibility and not asking for help. Given that so many moos want a handout for every damn thing and for the whole world to kiss their asses for having shat out a loaf, this is quite refreshing. So for once, I'm doing a rave instead of a rant.
Re: A Rave (For Once)
October 05, 2008
That is indeed refreshing. But I would take a more systematic approach than just counting on the tax refund, such as depositing $300 (or as much as she can afford) from every paycheck and skimping way down now (beans and rice), since the expenses (esp. daycare) will likely be more than she realizes.
Anonymous User
October 06, 2008
Sorry i dont feel all ravey (lol) on this, 1st off it is selfish to breed in this day and age at all, in 20 years when this kid will need to work we are going to be so over populated that any babyee born today is going to go through hell in the future just for something as simple as decent work. 2nd, she should have aborted, being a "single mom" is selfish, she is sentencing this babyee to a life without its duh because of who she chose to get pregnant with. she chose a deadbeat to fuck and get pregnant with, she is only considering HER feelings and not the future of this kid, that SCREAMS BREEDER!!

and time will tell how she does, my guess is she will be on welfare, living with her parents and/or shacking up with the "fuck of the week"

she will probly turn into a breeder,

sorry to be so negitive, but i like to live in reality!!
October 06, 2008
I agree that it is good that she is wanting to take responsibility for this kid.

However, I have a feeling that once she sees how expensive baybees are and how much time and effort they require, she's going to start feeling entitled and will be showing up at the good ol'welfare office to sign up.
October 06, 2008
nokyds4me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry i dont feel all ravey (lol) on this, 1st
> off it is selfish to breed in this day and age at
> all, in 20 years when this kid will need to work
> we are going to be so over populated that any
> babyee born today is going to go through hell in
> the future just for something as simple as decent
> work. 2nd, she should have aborted, being a
> "single mom" is selfish, she is sentencing this
> babyee to a life without its duh because of who
> she chose to get pregnant with. she chose a
> deadbeat to fuck and get pregnant with, she is
> only considering HER feelings and not the future
> of this kid, that SCREAMS BREEDER!!
>
> and time will tell how she does, my guess is she
> will be on welfare, living with her parents and/or
> shacking up with the "fuck of the week"
>
> she will probly turn into a breeder,
>
> sorry to be so negitive, but i like to live in
> reality!!

Gotta agree here with Einstein. once the going gets rough, she'll probably need a back door.
October 06, 2008
While I think that her plan is a bit idealistic, at least she is thinking in the right direction and isn't premeditating going on welfare, like most of the rest of them. I think this situation deserves a rave simply because she is attempting to break the mold, so to speak. Now, whether she actually does is another matter entirely.
October 06, 2008
True, proof will be in the pudding, but she raised her first child on her own without welfare, which argues that she will likely do the same with this child. I'm going to take a "wait-and-see" stance and see how this plays out.

I think it would have been better had she aborted but it may be that she has convictions against it...dunno...and yeah, the kyd's life may be really shitty in future. However, she works to give the first child what advantages (intellectually) she can and is urging her to get an aducation....kind of refreshing given that she is from the black community. And around here, there doesn't seem to be a lot of encouragement of the kydz.
Anonymous User
October 07, 2008
Single moo already? than pops out another? (are they both by different duhs?)

SHES A BREEDER PERIOD!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login