Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Popularity of Politicians with/without kids Pew Research poll

Posted by clematis 
Popularity of Politicians with/without kids Pew Research poll
October 05, 2008
Today's NYT printed an interesting poll from the Pew Research Center showing how the childedness of politicians influences their popularity, broken down along party lines and sex:

"Who would you be likely to vote for?

Policitian who is a mother: 21% (R); 33 (D)
Childless woman: 28 (R); 27 (D)
A father: 31 (R); 24 (D)
A childless man: 19 (R); 28 (D)

I found it interesting that the two most popular groups were moms with Democrats and dads with Republicans. Or, to rank these groups by descending popularity according to party, we get:

Democrat: Mom, childless man, childless woman, father
Republican: Father, childless woman, mom, childless man.
Re: Popularity of Politicians with/without kids Pew Research poll
October 05, 2008
Interesting! We could re-interpret the precis another way.

*Yes I'm just about to be facetious here!* :-P

Democrats: "Our favourite is a mommy -- we have needs and we need mothering. Our least favourite is a daddy, whatever that is."

Republicans: "Gimme a man, any man. But no gays. I'll vote for women before I'll vote for gays."

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
clem, do you have a link to the article and/or poll?
October 05, 2008
Yep; it is here, titled "Palin Talk." The poll can be seen if you scroll down a bit; it's on the left side.
I find the shrill moos much more annoying than the idiot duhds, and I'm not republican or democrat.
There is still a huge bias against electing a politician who does not have kids. Just look at all the pictures of your local politicians who pose with their families. There is a reason for that. And the bias against unmarried men is huge. It will almost guarantee an unmarried man will never get high up on the corporate ladder.
October 06, 2008
And what a load of shit THAT thought process is!

This whole damned country would be in a whole lot BETTER shape had the entire fucking government be made up of gays! I'd move to every single state just so I could vote for a gay candidate!!!!!

Amethyst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...............Republicans: "Gimme a man, any man. But no gays.
> I'll vote for women before I'll vote for gays."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login