Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quiverfull vs. Childfree Smackdown

Posted by nowhiggers 
nowhiggers
Quiverfull vs. Childfree Smackdown
October 06, 2008
I know we hate trolls here and I certainly wouldn't invite any. But I have to admit, I'd like to have some discussion, somewhere online, be it a blog or whatever, a real discussion/debate, not a troll, with the quiverfulls, like a michelle duggar type.

do they know the childfree exist? do they think we are all devil worshipping heathens and liberal democrats? what do they think about jesus being childfree?

maybe i should open a blog page or one of those free message boards for discussion and ask some quiverfulls to talk about it.

i just can't understand what makes these people tick. ok ok, the jesus part, but aside from that, why would anyone want to subject themselves to that kind of hell? lol.
Re: Quiverfull vs. Childfree Smackdown
October 06, 2008
I recently found a forum I belonged to years ago about women's issues, etc. I dared ask if there was a CF section and was attacked so badly it was all i could do not to get thrown off.

One woman (if you want to call her that) went so far as to start a new thread aimed AT ME that was "written" by their babies and children.
Anonymous User
October 06, 2008
nowhiggers Wrote:
-->
> do they know the childfree exist? do they think we
> are all devil worshipping heathens and liberal
> democrats? what do they think about jesus being
> childfree?
>

I have noticed the current trend amongst fundies is to say that Jesus was really married and had lots of kids - it just wasn't mentioned in the Bible, according to them. Now, you would think a fundamentalist would stick to the scripture and not want to add or take anything away from it? Wrong. They have to validate their lifestyle any way they can, and if that means inventing stories to add to the Bible, then so be it.
October 06, 2008
Asking quiverfulls about their feelings toward the childfree is like asking a hungry bear not to kill or eat you.

Don't do it.
October 06, 2008
I subscribed to Salon.com a number of years ago, and they had a good messageboard. Everyone there liked to think of themselves as free-thinking liberal intelligencia, so 'arguments' amongst posters were measured, well-thought-out constructed debates -- often using quotes from philosophers, pundits and professional wits to batter each other.

There was a thread dedicated to the CF and at least 2 or 3 threads for kiddie-licious lifestyles.

Despite the standard liberal stance, the Maaahmies would feel entitled to patrol the Childfree thread, just to -- ya know -- make sure we didn't get too outa' hand. So long as everyone kept to positive life-affirming comments like "Whew, just flew in from an impromptu weekend in Vale! Because we can! Haha!" and "Hey I'm just biting into my first fudgesicle of the summer and, guess what, it's all mine! Haha!", the Professor Moos kept quiet.

But the moment anyone posted anything edgy -- and I mean edgy as in "Some screaming brat threw a tantrum in Starbucks, hit my cup over and the whole scalding thing dumped in my lap! Grrr I hate spoiled brats! Hey stupid Moms it's not 'acting out', it's 'acting like a freaking animal' in my book! Why don't you control them and stop letting them run riot!" -- well the doo would hit the fan.

It's start with a snarky "Hmph well you just don't understand how toddlers can be!" comment dropped in. Followed by "Gosh how awful, I'm really sorry and I hope you weren't scalded. But you see, Mommies have it soooo haaaaard with toddlers, and... and... and..." Followed by "Hey shut up you're the spoiled one, just stay out of the way of bizzy parents why don't you?! Who needs coffee more, huh?!"....

It was infuriating the way they'd 'let us' have our say so long as it didn't cross any of their unilaterally-imposed lines. Most of them 'kindly' wanted to explain what they thought we didn't understand about parenthood or kids. It didn't take very long for them to discover that we did in fact understand things far, far too well. And that's how we came to be CF in the first place.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 06, 2008
I have noted this whole phenomenon of CF being tolerated as long as they don't get too edgy. I actually had one idiot poster at my lastboard tell me that she had never seen any childfree thinking the way
I did in a post. She ought to come over here...I'm sick and tired of politically correct...apparently it is OK to complain about sprogs...just don't show your true feelings.

I was a first wave feminist back in my college days and the last time I looked at a Ms. Magazine, I nearly regurgitated my lunch. All Moomie and Baybee shit. Femoonism, indeed!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login