Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1192 Dress Code Issues

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1192 Dress Code Issues
April 10, 2006
Grrrr! This is just another example of how the badass kids ruin things for the kids who have been properly raised. I'm assuming they have this rule to keep kids from wearing inappropriate t-shirts under their polos. If the principal doesn't want the kids to wear undershirts, then the school needs to find a polo made of absorbent material. They are probably reluctant to change the uniform because then asshole parents will fuss about having to purchase new ones. Probably the same kids bringing in the drugs are the same kids who would wear an inappropriate t-shirt under their polo.
BAD KIDS SUCK!
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: 1192 Dress Code Issues
April 10, 2006
Undershirts under clothing are a necessity, especially if the outer material is not very absorbent. YUCK They are a necessity under dress shirts, too. That principal is obviously a cave man. Whoever decided on the fabric for the polo shirts should be shot.
April 10, 2006
Um...why is the principal so concerned about what clothing students are wearing under their clothes anyway? How would the principal know this anyway unless either the shirt could be seen through the polo or all the students have an underwear check or something bizarre?

I wonder...are thongs and lacy underwear banned too? Since when are schools so worried about what students wear beneath their clothing? I think schools should be worrying more about who's bringing drugs onto the school premises rather than ragging on kids for wearing the "wrong" underwear.
April 10, 2006
With one of the buttons undone, the stupid prinicpal could see the top of the white undershirt. Personally, I think that looks better on a child than bare skin underneath. Picking one someone regarding undergarmets is really akin to sexual harassment. There are issues re: underwear at work. Let one of those morons try to "check me" for underclothing!

Dress codes are usually way out of whack. We got a new one at work. It is still "business casual"but the Powers are getting really asinine over what is 'offensive'. Sure, some women ruined it for everyone else by wearing clubbin' wear to work but we are in a call center not a bank. I have no problem adjusting to the new rules but my time with this company may be shorter than anticipated if I get sent home because some idiot in management thinks my light brown flats or khaki linen trousers are "too casual".
CF Scorpio
April 10, 2006
Why can't they just let kids wear plain undershirts with no writing on them? What a stupid rule.
The Purple Penguin
April 10, 2006
Why oh why would these jerkoffs want to humiliate a child by making him undress in front of his classmates? Please tell me somebody is going to shake some sense into this principal...

sprogless
April 10, 2006
Do they still make V- neck undershirts? My dad used to wear them all the time. He had a big neck, and the crew necks were too tight. If the mother could find them, then I don't see how the principal would ever know, since it wouldn't show. Just an idea.
April 10, 2006
men in offices even if they never see any member of the public, have to wear ties.. women can wear skirts, trousers etc, men have to wear ties.. and trousers..

i went to an all boys catholic school. (and thats screwed me up a littl).. and we had to wear uniforms, i was in st georges house, had our own tie. there was st andrews, st patricks and st davids. and there was none of this dont wear this under that.. you could wear anything under it,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
April 10, 2006
I have to admit: I hate synthetic materials. I don't wear 'nice' slacks anymore mostly because they are made of it. I feel like i'm sitting in a pool of water.
Under slacks slips? Can you find any made of cotton? All their is is more @#$%@#$$ synthetic. So, what is the point of the slips?
Anonymous User
April 10, 2006
If I was you I would get your friend to take her son to the doctor and get a letter from a doctor saying he has to wear a t under his shirt because of hygeine issues.
The principal is obviousley a fuckhead - its probably just a distraction from the real problems the school is facing.
April 11, 2006
I'm okay with the dress code at work. No one bothered me about my loafers. It was just listening to the prattle from co-workers that started to get to me. In fact, everyone looked very nice. I don't mind having to be a notch above "business casual".

While I don't care what others wear, it is best that people are not wearing skimpy attire or tees with questionable messages. I am over trying to look more diffeent than the next person. After all, everyone is "unique"...right?

Good idea, Blossom, about the note from the doc as well as Sprogless' idea of v-necked undershirts. I will e-mail my friend with those suggestions.
April 11, 2006
mention hyperhydrosis, it means you sweat more than normal, and you need to have an extra undershirt to, i suffer from it, it affects all kids , most grow out of it, some dont.. many a time i have had to take a spare shirt into work, and get changed at lunch. even with a undershirt..

hyperhydrosis is a problem.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 11, 2006
two cents, try www.vermontcountrystore.com They have all kinds of undergarments, a lot in cotton. Good luck!
Sherz
April 11, 2006
The idea about the doctor note is a great one. Schools are usually fairly afraid to go against a doctor's order. The v-neck shirt is a good one too. This principal does sound like quite the fuckhead. I would make a huge fuss about the child being asked to take off his shirt in front of the other students. I know from experience if the word "lawsuit" is used parents will usually get their way.
Anonymous User
April 11, 2006
heyy thanks..
looks like they do have cottohn..
M. Fission-Chipz
It's not about the shirt
April 13, 2006
It's about _control._ School principal is one of those positions that attracts assholes.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.