Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Am I the only "child-free" person who is starting to wish that they could just ban parents from dating "child-free" people in the first place?

Posted by deaddude7734 
As I get close to turning "fifty-years-young", all of the sudden, I am starting to be TOTALLY BOMBARDED with "date requests" from parents (of all different "genders" and "identities"). It is becoming so exhausting that I am starting to wish that the government would just pass a law that BANS parents from dating "child-free" people in the first place (and I am not normally a big fan of laws that restrict individual choice and/or behavior, so you can hopefully understand how annoying this issue has become in order for me to even consider this "train of thought"). Am I the only "child-free" person who feels this way?
What bugs me are the liars. They date you for three months, saying they've no kids then and then, SURPRISE!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Most dating apps let you apply filters to exclude people with kids & people who want kids. The problem is all the breeders who don't bother to indicate that they have kids. I've started just asking about it straight away for anyone 30+. The usual answer is some long-ass statement about how they are proud parents of wonderful kids and it makes you wonder - if that's the case, why couldn't they be bothered to tick a box indicating that they have kids, given that they managed to add information about their love of hiking and even their fucking star sign? But at least the conversations rarely last more than 5 minutes because I unmatch straight away. The other annoying group are those who have indicated that they have/want kids, and still try to match with me because they couldn't be bothered to read my profile.
yurble
The usual answer is some long-ass statement about how they are proud parents of wonderful kids and it makes you wonder - if that's the case, why couldn't they be bothered to tick a box indicating that they have kids,

Probably because they know they'll get far fewer matches if they admit they have kids. Nobody wants to date a single parent, especially not someone who doesn't have or want kids. They'll snag someone and then a few months into dating, reveal they have sprogs at home because they figure once there is a possible emotional investment, it'll be more difficult for the other person to want to leave. Welp the joke's on them because it's not real hard for a CFer to turn their nose up at a breeder who lies by omission.

They're so proud of their little darlings that they conveniently "forget" to mention them to potential romantic partners.
Cambion
yurble
The usual answer is some long-ass statement about how they are proud parents of wonderful kids and it makes you wonder - if that's the case, why couldn't they be bothered to tick a box indicating that they have kids,

Probably because they know they'll get far fewer matches if they admit they have kids. Nobody wants to date a single parent, especially not someone who doesn't have or want kids. They'll snag someone and then a few months into dating, reveal they have sprogs at home because they figure once there is a possible emotional investment, it'll be more difficult for the other person to want to leave. Welp the joke's on them because it's not real hard for a CFer to turn their nose up at a breeder who lies by omission.

They're so proud of their little darlings that they conveniently "forget" to mention them to potential romantic partners.

Except they do admit it when we are 5 minutes into a conversation and they haven't even met me. So they gain nothing except wasting a little bit of my time.
Cambion
Probably because they know they'll get far fewer matches if they admit they have kids. Nobody wants to date a single parent, especially not someone who doesn't have or want kids.

You'll get the random person who is either really young, dumb or naive who has no problem with dating a single moo/duh. You'll also see moos/duhs become very cold and calculated in their goal to claim a land spouse. They'll pull out all the stops because it is the only way they'll get so much as a side glance from someone single and unencumbered.

I've seen really young women duped into this role when they are barely legal. One had a very promising future at a great college and was really smart. Some duh from her church (considerably older-30 something I think) had her start babysitting once his wife died. She was very pretty and headed for the Ivy League and I think it was all planned by him. Pretty soon they HAD to get married and I think she was 18 at the time and barely that. Since they were religious you can bet her parents likely pushed for marriage and he probably knew they would do this. Sure, he likely has a great income but this formerly successful young woman with a great college scholarship was now working retail, an instant moo and about to sluice at any moment. I hope he is decent to her but it came across as creepy to me even when I was 22.

A duh from my church had tried to get me to babysit for him when I was in high school and I told him I didn't babysit anymore. He gave me the creeps from the start and I suspected he'd tried to get handsy with me. He persisted in asking repeatedly until I applied for a job and that stopped the requests.

There is something sick and twisted about an old man taking advantage of an underage babysitter.

I've also seen naive young men be duped into a relationship with a single mahm but typically they are closer to 21+. As long as she doesn't try to tie him down for his earning potential, he will likely learn his lesson really quickly or he'll be another bitter stupid duh who was duped. I'd guess these are mostly young men with some Hallmark fantasy about brats that is broken the minute they start spending any quality time with the girlfriends' brats. But boys tend to spend less time around brats than girls do so they likely have that weird Kodak moment mentality thing going on. Of course they wuv babeez, because everyone has told them they have to wuv babeez and all they've ever done is hold a freshly shat loaf for a few minutes and if it starts making noise they hand it back to the moo.

And younger boys and girls are more likely to reference TV/movies for reality and most children on the silver screen are expected to look like kids and otherwise mostly act like adults. I've yet to see a movie where the parunts are corrrecting the brats and telling them repeatedly to so the same things daily or hourly. It would be tedious and no one would watch it. And yet, when I'm around parunts and their brats this is pretty much the only dialogue: correcting and repeating.

This is the 27th time I've told you today to complete your homework!
Why don't you use the toilet instead of crapping your drawers, you are eleven and were potty trained at 2!
You can't leave dirty dishes in your room for weeks on end!
Yes, you have to eat, brush your hair and put on clothing!
If you don't do this then you won't get that!

I've seen a few men past 30 who date single mahms, for some they don't have that many options and they haven't figured out yet that sometimes they need to choose themselves as the best option.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login