Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Life in Poland for women

Posted by cfdavep 
Life in Poland for women
July 27, 2023
https://www.yahoo.com/news/polish-police-search-sewage-fetus-204000614.html

She miscarried at 18 weeks and now police are searching the sewers for the fetus while accusing her of lying.
Re: Life in Poland for women
July 29, 2023
When I hear stories like this, I want to kneel down and kiss the ground of my own country. This sounds like a total and complete war on women.

Not only are women being investigated for something that happens naturally, but they are being arrested and jailed for attempting to take agency over their bodies. It's so sad and depressing to see how many countries are still in lock-step with this archaic way of thinking.

I wonder how many women are just going to avoid seeing doctors with any pregnancy complications at all for fear of something like this? I wonder how many suicides will occur? How many women are going to have to go to jail or possibly die because of protecting the fetus? The thought actually scares me.

This only shows me the level of fear that some men have of women having control over their reproductive rights.
Re: Life in Poland for women
July 30, 2023
I remember at least one recent case in the midwestern USA where they prosecuted a woman for a "suspicious" miscarriage! I predict many more in Florida and Texas, if not elsewhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login