Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kid dies in daycare van, driver arrested

Posted by Cambion 
Kid dies in daycare van, driver arrested
August 24, 2023
So when you intentionally "accidentally" leave your own kid to die in a car in summer, it's mommy brain. But when someone else leaves your kid in a hot car, it's child abuse/neglect. Maybe he should have left something valuable with the deceased child so he'd remember to get her out of the car. Isn't that always hte advice they give every summer when the hot car PNAs start?

https://www.ketv.com/article/omaha-man-arrested-child-dies-hot-car-outside-daycare/44877638

A 62-year-old man was arrested after a 1-year-old child died after being left in a hot car outside an Omaha day care.

Around 3 p.m., officers responded to Kidz of the Future Childcare, near 50th and Leavenworth streets, for an unresponsive child, Omaha police said.

Medical personnel transported the child, identified by family as Ra'Miyah Worthington, to the Nebraska Medical Center, where she was declared dead, according to authorities.

Investigators arrested the van driver, 62-year-old Ryan Williams, for child abuse by neglect resulting in death.

Authorities told KETV NewsWatch 7 that Williams was driving the van for Kidz of the Future Childcare. He's scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.

Authorities told KETV NewsWatch 7 that Ra'Miyah was in the car for about five to six hours. According to court documents, Ra'Miyah's body temperature was 109.

Williams told investigators that he had nine children in the van when he arrived at the day care, according to court documents.

Day care has history of DHHS Inspections

According to court documents, Williams said he was distracted by a young boy "who was not wanting to get out of the van and go inside" when he was unloading the vehicle.

Another staff member came down to the van and got the boy, then Williams closed up the van, according to court documents.

Williams told investigators that he "normally conducts a 'sweep' of the van," but didn't on Monday, according to court documents.

Williams said that he was the only staff member in the vehicle and that he made a mistake in forgetting the child in the van, according to court documents.

The incident is still under investigation.
Re: Kid dies in daycare van, driver arrested
August 24, 2023
Why would a daycare only have one person supervising (and driving) a van with nine children?
And even if this is somehow lawful, who is tracking the kids? Because there needs to be some kind of chain of custody of the kids and how is it that no one in the daycare noticed the child was missing over a five-to-six-hour period?

It sounds like a failure on the part of the daycare as a whole to provide oversight on the children, not specifically on the bus driver. Someone else should have noticed this girl was missing within a few minutes. I'm guessing she would have been considered an infant at 12 months and that has a very high daycare to child ratio by law.

And, of course, if a mommy can't keep track of just one kid and leaves it in a hot car there will be no negligence charges filed. Mommy has "suffered enough" TM. There is always a scapegoat when a child dies away from the parents.
August 24, 2023
Cambion
So when you intentionally "accidentally" leave your own kid to die in a car in summer, it's mommy brain. But when someone else leaves your kid in a hot car, it's child abuse/neglect.

Years ago, I read an article about this dichotomy, though in regard to sexual assault/rape. The article said if a person molests the neighbor's child, they're a hideous criminal! Lowest of the low! Toss them in jail and throw away the key! But if they molest their own child, oh, then they're sick, they need help, get them into therapy, poor thing. The author said in current society, it is clearly advantageous for pedophiles to grow their own victims.

Seems like the exact same attitudes are on display here. Forget somebody else's kid, you're an irredeemable monster. "Forget" your own kid, and you can get away with murder.
August 25, 2023
kittehpeoples
Years ago, I read an article about this dichotomy, though in regard to sexual assault/rape. The article said if a person molests the neighbor's child, they're a hideous criminal! Lowest of the low! Toss them in jail and throw away the key! But if they molest their own child, oh, then they're sick, they need help, get them into therapy, poor thing. The author said in current society, it is clearly advantageous for pedophiles to grow their own victims.

Makes sense for the abuser, especially since they can also groom the kid to be quiet about the abuse, or make them think the abuse is normal so they're less likely to seek help. Plus, I think a kid might be less likely to tattle on an abuser when that abuser is their parent, sibling, uncle, etc. because stranger danger is still pushed (as it should be), but nobody talks about familiar danger. For all the kid knows, sexual abuse is totally normal because they don't know any better.

Plus when they make their own victims, they don't have to go to the trouble of scouting one out and trying to find ways of gaining access to the victim. But when the victim is their own child, that's 24/7 unrestricted access, not to mention the ability to isolate the victim from people who could help them.

Amazing the shit parents can get away with just because they share DNA with a kid, but anyone else pulls the same shit and it's a crime. Another example is spanking. If a parent spanks their kid for being bad, it's just discipline/parenting. But if I went up and whacked someone's screaming brat on the ass, I'd probably get arrested, even if they deserved it. A parent can call their own horrible brat an asshole, but if someone else calls the same child an asshole, they're mean child-haters. I could go on all night.
August 28, 2023
kittehpeoples
The author said in current society, it is clearly advantageous for pedophiles to grow their own victims.

This made me shudder - my mum and her sisters were sexually abused by their dad, and they never told anyone, not even each other, until he abused me.

Clearly once his victim got too old for his 'taste', he had another one.
September 04, 2023
kittehpeoples
Cambion
So when you intentionally "accidentally" leave your own kid to die in a car in summer, it's mommy brain. But when someone else leaves your kid in a hot car, it's child abuse/neglect.

Seems like the exact same attitudes are on display here. Forget somebody else's kid, you're an irredeemable monster. "Forget" your own kid, and you can get away with murder.

Priests get a free pass too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login