Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parunts who are almost proud of letting their kids call the shots

Posted by bell_flower 
Parunts who are almost proud of letting their kids call the shots
September 12, 2023
I was looking at an intermittent fasting thread over on Reddit, and some Dud made a whiny post about how he cannot do IF because his five year old daughter wants him to eat breakfast with her. It's the Dud's preference not to eat breakfast and to fast until dinner, but he declared this an insurmountable problem.

Someone suggested he sit with her and just drink coffee. The Dud actually posted "she's not buying it." WTF, Dude, we are talking about a five year old. Like he absolutely has to shove food in his mouth or his daughter won't approve of him.

Five year old kids have attention spans of a gnat, right? If he told her, I'll sit with you, Honey, while you eat your breakfast, and this is my breakfast (coffee), does this dim bulb actually expect people to believe 1 a five year old would care, and 2. he needs to cave to that? Do people actually buy this crap?

I think the Dud just wants to stuff his face all day and is looking for an excuse.

I would be embarrassed to use this excuse and to admit I am letting a five year old run my life when I'm an adult, but I've seen this behavior in other parents and they almost wear it like a badge of honor.
Re: Parunts who are almost proud of letting their kids call the shots
September 12, 2023
I know, the things they come up w/ is just amazing. I knew a very average-looking guy who grew a beard on camping trip, he got a ton of compliments(he did look 10x hotter) and he shaved it off bcz his small child didnt like it, "didnt recognize him". He kept it long enough to come to work with it at least once or twice? Im thinking there's NO way she wouldnt have just gotten used to it in less than a week. Parunts are the stupidest simps in the world. I wish I could show him another dimension where his kid woulda GOTTEN OVER IT, and/or he just explained to her in the long run, he was the same guy. My parents wouldnt have changed anything becuz a child cried over a beard. It really makes you wonder why the parents are not the boss and the kids are. Aren't they worried about their kids turning into 'control freaks'?/s

It actually goes to show the lengths a child will go to gain attention in the home. The parents dont see it, if I was sitting there, I know I would see the wheels turning in kids head making their next move.
September 12, 2023
This could be kid's first lesson during breakfast where said duhd could explain while drinking coffee, You Cant Always Get What You Want.
September 12, 2023
cfuter
I know, the things they come up w/ is just amazing. I knew a very average-looking guy who grew a beard on camping trip, he got a ton of compliments(he did look 10x hotter) and he shaved it off bcz his small child didnt like it, "didnt recognize him". He kept it long enough to come to work with it at least once or twice? Im thinking there's NO way she wouldnt have just gotten used to it in less than a week. Parunts are the stupidest simps in the world. I wish I could show him another dimension where his kid woulda GOTTEN OVER IT, and/or he just explained to her in the long run, he was the same guy. My parents wouldnt have changed anything becuz a child cried over a beard. It really makes you wonder why the parents are not the boss and the kids are. Aren't they worried about their kids turning into 'control freaks'?/s

It actually goes to show the lengths a child will go to gain attention in the home. The parents dont see it, if I was sitting there, I know I would see the wheels turning in kids head making their next move.

This particular situation is especially dumb because he could have shaved when he got home, then started replicating the conditions of the camping trip (i.e., not shaving) and the kid would have gotten used to the gradual introduction of the beard.
September 12, 2023
Who cares if the brat hates the beard.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 12, 2023
yurble

This particular situation is especially dumb because he could have shaved when he got home, then started replicating the conditions of the camping trip (i.e., not shaving) and the kid would have gotten used to the gradual introduction of the beard.

Too bad I didn't think of this and I coulda brought it up to him.

I know this is weird, but I wonder if he woulda had the same reaction if his toadler was a boy kid instead of a girl brat.
September 13, 2023
I saw that discussion too because I'm subbed to the IF sub-Reddit.

Every time I hear this kind of shit, I wonder who is the adult in that household? If the kid "doesn't buy it" that Duh's breakfast is coffee, then too fucking bad! He's having breakfast with her like she asked. If she doesn't like it, then he can go back to not having breakfast with her if she's going to bitch about it.

Also, there are other forms of intermittent fasting that he could do to facilitate sharing a meal with his daughter - that way, he can still stick to his diet and placate her. But the tried and true classic of saying NO is always an option, whether or not Duh has the spine to use it. If she's upset, big deal - she'll get over it. Kids get upset over everything every damn day and if she didn't have a problem with Duh's diet, then she'd have a problem with something else.

Fucking hell, what a pussified little bitch letting his kid dictate whether or not he can follow a diet. Of course what you said is also possible - that he wants to make his kid a scapegoat so he can have an excuse to not adhere to a diet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login