Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2850 Article About Childfree

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2850 Article About Childfree
October 10, 2008
Excellent! Finally! Something positive about this!

What does piss me off though, is some of the comments. How one person writes about a family member having regrets about not ever having had kids. We never hear the mommies's regrets now, do we?
Anonymous User
Re: 2850 Article About Childfree
October 10, 2008
Here's my comment:
"no matter what they say or do, later in life men or these women's partners will always want a child which they will in turn find someone younger and more ready to bear their child. Never dismiss a possibility. Sterilisation is much too drastic"
If my partner wanted a child, I'd split. There is no possible compromise between children and no children. Also, having a child "to try if it's different when it's your own" is much too drastic too.
Women who want children are NEVER asked to justify their wants/needs. Why should women who don't want children have to justify their choices? So that people who chose the parents route feel better? That's a sign of insecurity. Most people don't know why they have kids or come up with lame reasons to have them. Childfree people will most of the time have made a carefully thought decision.
Please, stop questioning motives for being childfree, otherwise, we'll start asking parents to justify their choice.
October 10, 2008
Uh link to this article, please?smiling smiley
Really?
October 10, 2008
And of course, there HAD to be one...

"What a sad decision for this young woman. Feminism is a dead-end, vain and selfish ideology: it teaches women to be "me, me, and only me". It's anti-life. But if that her choice, then her parents would rue the day that they ever gave birth to her. C'mon, enough of the sterilisation silliness among women.

What if, all of sudden, she's the last woman on Earth and the last man out there is so happy to find out she's alive, hoping to have children to restart the human race, only to find out she has sterilised herself. The last man on Earth just might well shoot her dead.

- Bob, Delaware, Ohio, USA, 9/10/2008 22:14"
deegee
October 10, 2008
I saw that one by Bob of Ohio. Pretty crazy, huh?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1076094/Why-I-like-hundreds-young-women-chose-sterilised-age-21.html

This is a link to the original article.
October 10, 2008
Really? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And of course, there HAD to be one...
>
> "What a sad decision for this young woman.
> Feminism is a dead-end, vain and selfish ideology:
> it teaches women to be "me, me, and only me". It's
> anti-life. But if that her choice, then her
> parents would rue the day that they ever gave
> birth to her. C'mon, enough of the sterilisation
> silliness among women.
>
> What if, all of sudden, she's the last woman on
> Earth and the last man out there is so happy to
> find out she's alive, hoping to have children to
> restart the human race, only to find out she has
> sterilised herself. The last man on Earth just
> might well shoot her dead.
>
> - Bob, Delaware, Ohio, USA, 9/10/2008 22:14"

good. Glad to know there isn't a brain attached to my uterus.
October 10, 2008
I love it when douchebags like Bob tell women what to do with their own bodies. Shut the fuck up, asshole. Of course he hates feminism, since it doesn't benefit him and all his little dude buddies.

The article was fine, BTW - but the photos were puke-tastic! Evil, frigid, non-smilin' dark-haired corporate bitch vs. happy perfect blond mommy & baybee and knocked up Earth Goddess. eye rolling smiley
October 10, 2008
I haven't read the article yet so after I do I am sure I will have another comment. Until then though, I have a comment regarding that RIDICULOUS "Last two people on Earth" BULLSHIT, which is so often cited as a reason to get knocked up. First of all, that absolutely will not happen that there ends up being two humans alive on the fucking planet, what a STUPID thing to even say. Assuming that did happen and I was one of the two left, my FIRST THOUGHT would be, "Gee, I wonder if this guy is smart or stupid, since I am stuck with him". Then, after I got to know him a bit and realized the HORROR of getting stuck on the earth with the ONE man who felt that it was our duty to re-populate the fucking earth like Noah and his old lady, I would do my best to jump and man a ferry and get AWAY from him. I CERTAINLY wouldn't tell a religious fundie who had some God complex that I was sterile, especially if he was the only person left alive.

That "bob" guy who says the last man should just shoot the last woman because she can't reproduce has a scary, yet common mindset. He clearly believes that the only worth a woman has is to bear children and meet HIS kyds' needs and HIS needs. I can say with absolute certainty that if a human being realized that only he and one other person had survived what would have had to have been a devastating world wide disaster, and his primary thought was re-populating the world, we would have a really really big problem. I would like to pose that hypothetical question to as many people as possible out of sheer curiosity. If you realized that only you and one other human remained alive on this whole planet, what would be your first thought when you saw him/her? What would be the first thing you said to this only other survivor?

I'll go first. My first thought would be that there may be other survivors, and after an initial, "How did you survive" type exchanges of stories and a get to know one another period, I would suggest that we actively look for other survivors, AFTER we found a place to live, some food, water, etc............We would need to assess our situation, antiticpate potential dangers, take precautions, and take measures to insure our safety and food/water supply. I can't IMAGINE the immediate desire to fuck a stranger and/or the topic of re-populating the world would come to ANY "normal" person's mind upon discovery of a lone fellow survivor. Whether it was shipwrecked on an island, an isolated mountain after a plane crash, OR in the whole world, the first human instinct would be their continued survival and to locate other survivors and think of rescue/escape plans. CERTAINLY re-population wouldn't be a first thought. Why would any decent person WANT to bring kids into a devastated and desolate world anyway?

I HATE BREEDER MENTALITY WITH A PURPLE PASSION. I have some fun fantasies of what kind of woman I would stick "Bob" with if I was the one doing the picking for him.
October 10, 2008
Like, seriously! What are the odds of such a scenario actually happening, oh you Almighty Bob? Breeders are so fucking stupid.
Singy Thingy
October 11, 2008
First of all, if I were the last woman on earth and encountered 'Bob' from Ohio, I think I'd be finding that ferry and getting away from him, too.If I couldn't and he didn't stay the fuk away from me, the population would drop from two to one very quickly.

Secondly, if he and some unfortunate random woman were actually the last people on earth, his 'plan' to re-populate would involve some sibling-sex, wouldn't it? But then, I am guessing people like Bob have no problem with inbreeding.....
Really?
October 12, 2008
ST, not only do I think men like Bob would be okay with inbreeding, I also think they'd feel they had a right to carry out their plan to "restart the human race" with the last woman - whether she wanted to or not.

I get so pissed when I hear people discussing large-scale disaster scenarios (particularly the bunker w/limited room and too many people one - because I've actually heard people say they'd kick out even healthy, knowledgeable people if they were too old to breed, and actually have that suggestion met with widespread agreement!) and how it'd be everyone's moral obligation to repopulate the planet. It really bothers/scares/deeply disturbs/angers me that even a lot of women buy into the idea that we would all need to be accepting of our roles as factory farm breeding sows "for the good of the human race". Because, of course, it would be selfish not to. shrug
October 12, 2008
When I read Bob`s comment I laughed. I genuinely thought it was a childfree person having a laugh at the breed at all costs type.

Due to nobody responding to him-at the time I read the comments anyway- I presumed it was tongue in cheek and I still think that
Gigabyte
October 12, 2008
Mrs. Ogre Wrote:
> Please, stop questioning motives for being
> childfree, otherwise, we'll start asking parents
> to justify their choice.

Actually Mrs Ogre it's good for the breeder and pro-life like to question our motive for childfree because think about it. We Childfree can back up all evidence why we don't need kids and breeders has no reason or justification why they want kids and none of them are pure knowledge & intelligent reason but they are all "god"/"bible" realated reasons.

Childfree has over 100 (intelligent) reasons not to have kids.
Breeders has absolutly no (intelligent) reason why they want kids and they cannot think of 1 without using the word "God" in the equation.
Gigabyte
October 12, 2008
For the article:
"I was still prepared for an interrogation because of my age and the doctor's first words were: "You're very young. Do you understand what sterilisation is and the implications it would have on your life?"

"But after a 30-minute conversation, she realised I had made an informed choice. I made an appointment to be sterilised a month later."

Good on you Jackie, I do not like when the GP using the interrogation tactics. I knew well that is Dr Morals doing the interview because Dr Morals always like to shove their god into this and make opt-out so she can be like the breeders. But that didn't work.

As far as Dr Morals implying 'very young' as the Dr is concern about her life. What about teenagers getting knocked up and end up getting pregnant and having kids in very young age?
October 12, 2008
> What if, all of sudden, she's the last woman on
> Earth and the last man out there is so happy to
> find out she's alive, hoping to have children to
> restart the human race, only to find out she has
> sterilised herself. The last man on Earth just
> might well shoot her dead.

Hahahaha! We've all heard this shit time and time again. People who talk like this are trying to be profound but they're just being obtuse.

Ok let's play along with Bob. Just in case someone tries to bingo us with this in future.

"Last woman on earth... last man out there". Scuse me? How would they know? Why would they make the assumption that, standing up admidst the ruins and shaking off the dust, that no one else is left? Having survived, they're much more likely to assume that lots of others have survived as well. And so their number one pursuit is going to be finding other survivors no matter how long it takes.

Ok so, the earth stopped tremoring and they're safe. Are they well? Warm? Clean? Fed? Watered? Comfortable? How long is it going to take for them to sort out their immediate needs? Maybe years.

Ok so, he says c'mon over here and let's re-start the human race with my wonderful sperm. I would tell him to fuck right off. Having survived an apocalypse, why the hell would I want to die in pregnancy and childbirth at his stupid and inept hands?? Because without assistance, hygiene, knowledge, or training, it's going to be a disaster. He has a little teaspoon of sperm at stake and I would lose my life. Gee thanks for thinking of my welfare, Mister Last Man on Earth.

And as for the 'might as well shoot her dead', um sorry but it'd be me with the gun, pointing it at him, trying to keep him off me and trying to preserve my own health and life.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
October 13, 2008
Medusa Wrote:

>
> The article was fine, BTW - but the photos were
> puke-tastic! Evil, frigid, non-smilin' dark-haired
> corporate bitch ....
i love that sort of women. the type you could have a decent conversation or debate with and would stand her ground and i love a women dressed in a suit
danny
October 13, 2008
The first mistake "bob" there made was assuming that he would actually survive the apocalypse (or any other situation which would render him and someone else as the only two people on earth).

The second one was to assume he would be the only one with a gun.
October 13, 2008
i love that sort of women. the type you could have a decent conversation or debate with and would stand her ground and i love a women dressed in a suit

I agree with Roger--I thought she looked powerful and competent, much moreso than the flowy-hair pregnant "earth mother".
October 13, 2008
danny Wrote:
> The first mistake "bob" there made was assuming
> that he would actually survive the apocalypse (or
> any other situation which would render him and
> someone else as the only two people on earth).
>
> The second one was to assume he would be the only
> one with a gun.

What the hell does that mean?
danny
October 13, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> danny Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The first mistake "bob" there made was assuming
> > that he would actually survive the apocalypse
> (or
> > any other situation which would render him and
> > someone else as the only two people on earth).
> >
> > The second one was to assume he would be the
> only
> > one with a gun.
>
>
> What the hell does that mean?

Ok, I re-read the comment I was talking about.

It wasn't "Bob" that was going to shoot a sterilized woman in the head. My bad.

It was "The Last Man On Earth", which, if the said man WOULD actually shoot the last woman on earth in the head, might as well be Bob.

So, there are two mistakes anyway:

First is the one that Bob assumes that the Last Man on Earth is going to be one who's mind is only on fucking and "procreating" instead of the, you know, important things.

Second one is, that if the Last Man on Earth has a gun, chances are the Last Woman on Earth is going to get her hands on one too, sooner or later. And if that woman would be me, the Last Man on Earth would be the first one six feet under.
October 13, 2008
roger Wrote:
> Medusa Wrote:
>
> >
> > The article was fine, BTW - but the photos were
> > puke-tastic! Evil, frigid, non-smilin'
> dark-haired
> > corporate bitch ....
> i love that sort of women. the type you could have
> a decent conversation or debate with and would
> stand her ground and i love a women dressed in a
> suit

I was describing the CF woman in the photo the way BREEDERS would perceive her.
October 13, 2008
Oops, good point, Medusa; yeah, I see what you mean.

I do think, though, that Greta Garbo in one of her tailored, masculine-style suits, doing what was then termed "cross-dressing" if women wore such things, had more smolder and fire in one of her elegant pinkies than a mile-high tower of tacky, half-clothed modern "divas."
October 13, 2008
I think the thing Bob and most other "what if you were the last two people on earth" types are missing out on is that it would be impossible to repopulate the earth, a country or even a moderately sized town with only TWO people. The genetic horrors that would result with in a few generations wouldn't survive long, and would probably be unable to reproduce.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login