Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parunts literally do nothing all day I guessskull

Posted by cfuter 
Parunts literally do nothing all day I guessskull
October 31, 2023
For at least the last ten years, I notice that parunts are too dumb to teach their kids the words "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you"

If they can't do that simple task, that actually has immediate rewards(candy and fun nite out) what can they do?

This goes on every year where I refuse to give candy until they say it and the kids just stare and the parents just stare. So am I the only one in the neighborhood that makes them say Trick or Treat? Everyone is just going up and down stairs in silence, and getting candy in silence, and walking away in silence? And, the adults don't think that is odd? Rude? not fun?

Dont the kids wonder why it is called trick or treating if they don't say it? I mean that is what u used to hear all nite from block to block, now trick or treating is with the adults dressed up(bcz this is what bizzy working moms have time for I guess) and the adults talking among themselves. God being a kid is so boring now from my point of view at least.

I have no clue what parents do with every passing year except taxi kyds to activities and bring them to restaurants and bars to ruin everyone else's time.
Re: Parunts literally do nothing all day I guessskull
November 01, 2023
The parents probably don't make their brats say "trick or treat" because the little shits are autistic or non-verbal or some other nonsense, or they're lazy. There are a lot of trashy parents out there too, so they probably don't bother teaching their kids how to say thank you either.

And I can't speak for anyone else, but trunk or treat is bigger in my area than traditional trick-or-treating. Because I guess the little bastards can't even be arsed to hoof it around town looking for houses with lights on now. I was a fat fuck of a child and I still hustled my ass around for two hours!

Like I didn't even see anyone out on the street after work in costume when normally I have to dodge herds of kids with their candy sacks. So there's no longer even the thrill of going to see people's cool Halloween decorations. I remember when I was a kid, this one particular house went all out and would have people hiding in piles of leaves that would jump out and grab your ankles, and someone dressed as Frankenstein's monster that would chase you out of the yard. You had to go around the entire house full of monsters and lights, and if you made it to the end of their setup, you got full-size candy bars. I bet nobody does that now because of all the little awtards who are triggered by everything.

But stuff like this isn't fun anymore because everything has to be so sanitized. No scary costumes because Junior might cry, a brat with a blue pumpkin means they're a tard and you have to accommodate their horse shit, nobody says "thank you" because you should be honored they showed up in the first place, and I'm sure some people get bitched at for not having enough gluten-free/dairy-free/allergen-free/organic/vegan treats because every brat is allergic to everything now. The adults are probably just out waiting for a nice photo opportunity of their brat in a costume for Facebook and that's it.

This is why more adults should trick or treat. They would be much more appreciative and fun. Kids and their handlers just suck all the enjoyment out of every holiday now. I never hand out candy, but if I did, I'd sooner give it to an adult who put effort into their costume and who has enough manners to say thanks for the free snacks than an ungrateful brat and their entitled parent.
November 01, 2023
Halloween didn't seem to happen this year. We had the lights out as usual, but there was a feeling of no one being out.
It was unusally cold last night, and there was only one short post on reddit/cf where someone had kids once even though they turned off their lights and put out a no candy sign.

Maybe now it is more of a house party thing
November 01, 2023
I'd skip it, especially on a day like this, becuz last year we had 1-3 groups only, and since it was a tuesday and cold/snowy, I predicted no one would come. Only one group of kid I know down block. I saw one other group that didn't come our way. Others on other platforms said they had kids. But I'd skip it by my hub does not. I said I dont want to waste the money or the calories of eating the leftover candy just for a pittance of kids. I was right again.

For some reason ppl dont come to my block tho. They turn and just go around the block next to us. It makes no sense becuz when I was a kid we went up and down till there was no where left. Stop at the main streets. These people are turning. I'm on a short block all with single family houses, 8 houses each side. And if they went around those blocks There would be 16 more houses. But they just turn, and must go back home.

But I didnt even think, I heard they make it Halloween week, and of course the parents hate all that. Once again complicating their lives over something that was simple. But you're right, they go to that trunk or treat crap, they once again are giving the kids ZERO exercise, and a lot less fun of seeing other kids that they might not otherwise know, or getting to know the neighbors and neighborhood. At trunk or treat I bet they dont say trick or treat either, they just shower the kids w/ candy.
November 01, 2023
cfdavep
Halloween didn't seem to happen this year. We had the lights out as usual, but there was a feeling of no one being out.
It was unusally cold last night, and there was only one short post on reddit/cf where someone had kids once even though they turned off their lights and put out a no candy sign.

Maybe now it is more of a house party thing

In my neighborhood we don't have trick or treat cuz there are no street lights. The brats go to the YMCA for a little party or to the mall.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 06, 2023
My area was pretty dead too. It was quiet this year but I saw a lot of people put some cool decorations out in their yards. Only a few distant fireworks that were too far away to bother my critters much, which I'm glad for.

I can't do Halloween candy at all because my dog would tear the kid's faces off if they came here. She's not really good with strangers entering the property and banging on the door after dark. She's a good dog. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login