Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Monday pro-birth propaganda is in full churn today

Posted by freya 
Monday pro-birth propaganda is in full churn today
November 13, 2023
Some articles on women and how they can have kids and their lives will be so much better! Their WorkLife will only improve with every birth!

‘There’s no perfect time to have kids career-wise – don’t let that stop you’

Start your clown car taday!

Anyone that says 9 kids didn't set their career back has someone else in the background doing the majority of the parunting. Most people are struggling with 1 or 2 kids.

And in the photo it looks like the majority of the nine (!!!!) kids aren't college-aged yet and the parents are nearing their 60's now. What happens when they have 4+ kids in college every year for 10+ years? And what about the 3 or so that look like they are college age now, how are the finances with sending nine kids to college? Even at $124K apiece (average UK cost for college is 22,200 per year or equivalent of $31K in US dollars) that is $1.16 million with no incidentals and assuming no high-priced schools or living in London.

People retire on less.

Hopefully the parents understand that realistically at least two of these kids will live with them until they are around 30 and that doesn't count any of their kids that become a single parunt and try to boomerang back home.

CTS&cvid=110e540a50f74c8aa5de9caf903e6faf&ei=86" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">link

And another article: 'Motherhood Was the Push I Needed to Follow My Dreams'

I wouldn't refer to it as a push, more like a shove. The shove of having kids.

CTS&cvid=110e540a50f74c8aa5de9caf903e6faf&ei=89" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">article
Re: Monday pro-birth propaganda is in full churn today
November 13, 2023
one such commercial on TV says something like" the great thing about being a parent is you become a human vending machine"! Ummm, THAT'S "great"??!! The pictures show a pyramid. of yogurt cups in the fridge, and the (presumably) kid grabbing for the specific flavor it wants from the middle and just leaving the toppled containers where they fall (of course). Then, the brat presumably goes on to trampoline on the couch and spill the yogurt all over the place? Message: "good parunts" must never, ever correct rude and destructive behavior!
November 13, 2023
reeniebessagain
one such commercial on TV says something like" the great thing about being a parent is you become a human vending machine"! Ummm, THAT'S "great"??!! The pictures show a pyramid. of yogurt cups in the fridge, and the (presumably) kid grabbing for the specific flavor it wants from the middle and just leaving the toppled containers where they fall (of course). Then, the brat presumably goes on to trampoline on the couch and spill the yogurt all over the place? Message: "good parunts" must never, ever correct rude and destructive behavior!

And there isn't any hint of ha ha or ironic humour?
It sounds like one of those dumb and shocking commercials designed to stick in your memory. Just makes me want to avoid the yoghurt aisle. Ewwww.
November 13, 2023
Here is another one with the "downsides" to not parunting:

1. Feeling Pressured
The childfree may get the brunt of the pressure but we can choose to opt out of being around lots of people.
Parents may see less pressure but overall they deal with way more pressure, it is coming from different sources.

2. Lack of Family Legacy
Maybe it is just me but when I think of family legacy I think of really wealthy families leaving mansions to others in their family.
Or extremely talented or brilliant people who may have similar children. I don't think most people in the average/below average have a legacy worth missing. Maybe 1% (if that) have something that makes their genes noteworthy?

3. Limited Social Connections
Some people want to keep their social connections limited. If anything, kids prevent this.
Childfree can grow or shrink their social connections as they desire and have less social obligations because they have no kids.

4. Potential Loneliness in Old Age
Anyone at any age can be lonely. What is worse than being lonely and alone is to be around others and still be lonely.
There is also no guarantee that anyone older will be surrounded by people.

5. No One to Inherit Your Estate
Pretty sure the childfree can leave their estate to anyone they want via a will.

6. Missed Parenting Experiences
There is no shortage of parents who would be happy to offload their kids onto a childfree person. And the childfree
can give the kids back when they've had enough parenting experience.

7. Absence of Family Traditions
Traditions can be had with friends or family members. Not everyone appreciates tradition.

8. Limited Opportunities for Growth
Parenting is not the only way to be challenged and grow as a person. There are endless ways to achieve this.

9. Potential Regret in Later Years
Or a guaranteed retirement of your choice versus having the kid and grandkids move into your three-bedroom house and take over.
Also, no need to save for college. Save for retirement instead. I don't think anyone childfree thinks about what they missed by not having kids. This sounds like something a childless person would do.

10. Finding a Partner Who Also Doesn’t Want Children
Finding a good partner is a huge challenge for anyone. At least with the childfree if the union breaks up there won't be any children affected.

11. Reduced Understanding of Parenthood
This is just like anything else a person doesn't experience firsthand. It is way better to avoid parenting if you know you'll regret it than to do it so you can understand parents.

12. Potential Judgment from Society
Everyone is judged by society. Parents with one kid are judged for having only one. Parents with more than two kids are judged for having too many kids. Parents who wait to have kids until after 35 are judged for being too old. It is it better to be your most authentic self than to do something you regret long term just to avoid being judged.

13. Unfulfilled Biological Instincts
No biological proof that this "instinct" exists.

14. No One To Pass on Knowledge or Wisdom
Teach a class, write a book, visit with your younger relatives, etc.

15. Possible Estrangement from Family
If not replicating is enough to cause your family to abandon you, were they much of a family in the first place?
People stick by family that deal with addictions, are involved in crimes and who hurt other people. What is offensive about not replicating again? Who is being hurt?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/parenting/15-surprising-downsides-to-not-having-children/ss-AA1hzVQl?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=f8a21096e4cb4bd6bde29344e579ec20&ei=88#image=1
November 14, 2023
Sounds like that whole crock of shit where people will go, "Durr hurr, if you wait until you're ready to have kids, you'll never have them!" And what exactly is wrong with that? What possible benefit is there to having kids you can't deal with physically, mentally, or financially? Because it's not just you who will suffer the consequences of being ill-prepared for the responsibility of a child. The kids you have that you're not ready for will also suffer from having inept parents.

People need to get that sometimes, you will never be ready for kids and that doesn't mean just fucking jump in and hope for the best. It means make a rational adult decision and don't breed. We're supposed to learn as kids that we can't always have what we want, and that holds true in adulthood.

Wanna-breeders don't realize just how fucking expensive having kids is. Giving birth, buying clothes for the kid every month because they outgrow everything, finding a preschool to put them in when all daycares and preschools have years-long waiting lists, trying to decide if child care or staying at home is more financially sound, school supplies (uniforms and tuition too if it's a private school), medical care, dental care (I have never met anyone who didn't need braces and retainers as kids). Feeding the fuckers is a whole other financial circus, between kids who are super picky eaters who throw 90 percent of their food on the floor to babies who are allergic to every formula on the planet except an insanely expensive allergen-free one.

I think it's because unlike many expensive "big" life purchases, you don't get a payment plan for a brat like you would with a degree, a car or a house. With a kid, you get the expensive item regardless of your ability to afford it and then pay for it. With other expensive life choices, you can figure out beforehand if you can actually afford it or get on a payment plan so you can afford it alongside other living expenses. With kids, not so much.

Breeders don't wonder if they can afford all this shit on one or two incomes. They have the kid and try to figure it out later. Moos are likely to choose SAHMing when they realize child care costs their entire monthly income, so it's easier to just be a stay-at-home parent until the kids are school-aged and rely on the husband's income to support everyone. But then these stupid heifers will often go and have ANOTHER kid, extending their need to SAHM by another few years and furthering their financial dependence on their spouse, as well as keeping themselves out of the workforce and creating a larger resume gap that employers will not like seeing. Like sure, breeding is a feasible excuse, but it means any skills they have may be outdated.

freya
Anyone that says 9 kids didn't set their career back has someone else in the background doing the majority of the parunting. Most people are struggling with 1 or 2 kids.

Absolutely. Child care is being outsourced so Moo can have a career. Which is fine, but not everyone can afford a nanny or daycare for multiple brats. I remember Chris Pratt being in headlines saying, "just have kids!" and don't think about it because kids are just so great and terrific. Yeah easy for him to say - he's fucking famous and probably has someone he pays to raise his kids for him.

These people act like everyone has access to the same money and resources as they do. A lot of people are in a position where they have to decide if they want to eat or keep the lights on every month. And if they do think they can afford a nanny or a sitter, they want to pay them slave wages and think they're being generous offering that much.
November 15, 2023
Cambion
freya

Absolutely. Child care is being outsourced so Moo can have a career. Which is fine, but not everyone can afford a nanny or daycare for multiple brats. I remember Chris Pratt being in headlines saying, "just have kids!" and don't think about it because kids are just so great and terrific. Yeah easy for him to say - he's fucking famous and probably has someone he pays to raise his kids for him.

These people act like everyone has access to the same money and resources as they do. A lot of people are in a position where they have to decide if they want to eat or keep the lights on every month. And if they do think they can afford a nanny or a sitter, they want to pay them slave wages and think they're being generous offering that much.

Yep. Kids are a breeze when you have "fuck you" money. For normal people, though, it's a different story, and we need to quit pushing the narrative that you can parent well and not alter your life significantly.
November 15, 2023
So many of those points freya posted above (with regards to the bingoes) are so stupid.

I plan on willing my entire estate to an animal charity that I really love. My childless aunt willed her estate to me and my two sisters.

Also, I think it would be more painful for breeders who are left to die in nursing homes when they know their kids aren't visiting.

My nephew had one kid and I witnessed someone harassing him and his wife to have a 2nd kid because their loaf "needs" a brother or sister (even though the kid himself visibly recoiled at the idea of having a sibling).

If there ever was a biological clock, I wasn't born with it.

As for wanting to understand parenting? Why would I want to? I understand enough to not want to be one. I don't want to understand certain things because they aren't of my interest, like rocket science or rebuilding a car engine. Just not my thing.

All of the bingoes that were mentioned above are just so easily refuted. It's ridiculous that people keep spouting the same crap over and over again, thinking it will change someone's mind. A little research and talking to people who have kids will resolve those myths pretty quick.
November 16, 2023
mumofsixbirds
So many of those points freya posted above (with regards to the bingoes) are so stupid.

I thought so too. Anyone with a little imagination can overcome these "downsides" except the one on understanding parenting.
November 16, 2023
Cambion
Sounds like that whole crock of shit where people will go, "Durr hurr, if you wait until you're ready to have kids, you'll never have them!" And what exactly is wrong with that? What possible benefit is there to having kids you can't deal with physically, mentally, or financially? Because it's not just you who will suffer the consequences of being ill-prepared for the responsibility of a child. The kids you have that you're not ready for will also suffer from having inept parents.

There were three articles on one day and these were the ones I saw by casually reviewing the news, so there likely were more if I would have searched further. When most people aren't able to make a good living why is there so much propaganda on having kids published? Once the kids are born these publishers/authors don't care that their quality of life is limited, just have them for the economy.

I've yet to hear a parent state having any amount of kids was less work than they anticipated, it is always way more work, time and investment. All but the wealthiest complain about how expensive kids are. Let's not saddle the struggling with this burden and then act surprised when their mental health suffers or they request money or help.
November 16, 2023
My 2 cents on these, just because:

freya
Here is another one with the "downsides" to not parunting:

#1: If breeders are concerned that the CF might suffer from being pressured, then they need to quit pressuring us. I mean, who else do they think is doing that? Other CF people?

#2-5: Pathetic ways to admit that they don't have any friends.

#6: Laughable. There are so many things that an individual will never experience, joyous things for those who love them, but that have no meaning or value to those of us who don't. I'll never know the joy of winning a marathon or composing a concerto, but that's okay because idgaf about those things. Same with parenting.

#7: Yep. "Family" is more than just offspring.

#8: Laughable, and annoying that anyone thinks this. How stunted, how blinkered are some people's lives, that they think producing whole-ass human beings is the only way to experience growth? Really, wtf?

#9: Better to regret not having kids than to regret having them. Plus as we all know here, and as studies are proving, truly CF people don't regret not having kids.

#10: Again, can only agree with Freya; a lot of breeders' partners are not exactly gems themselves. Nothing to add.

#11: Two thoughts on this: first of all, why the fuck would a CF person "need" to understand parenting? I'm never going to understand particle physics, but I doubt that's going to affect my life at all since I'm not a particle physicist. Same with parenting. However, unlike particle physics, I *do* have the understanding of parenting that comes from having been parented. Why the hell do breeders think that our experiences being raised by parents imparts no knowledge about the parent-child dynamic? Is it because they are incapable of learning through observation? If someone sticks their hand in a fire and gets burned, I am not going to stick my hand in the fire to see if it happens to me, too...is that kind of learning beyond them? Because suggesting you can only learn something through experience pretty much suggests that yeah, it's beyond them.

#12: Again, if they're so concerned about us being judged, then stop fucking judging us. Simple.

#13: Many of us right here are proof that not everyone has a biological clock. And even if we all did, aren't we supposed to be more civilized than that, anyway? Capable of rising above our animal instincts and acting on logic and judgment instead? Is this more of breeders just admitting that they didn't think things through?

#14: Yeah, they've apparently never met a teacher.

#15: Once more, nothing to add to Freya's comment. If your family cuts you off because you're CF, then your family is shitty and you're better off without them. Jeez.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login