Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Texas actually allowing an abortion

Posted by cfdavep 
Texas actually allowing an abortion
December 09, 2023
https://www.yahoo.com/news/paxton-asks-texas-supreme-court-031547904.html

Looks like the moo will have to abort this one in order to have more kids later, so Texas is allowing her this "one tragedy" so she can continue breeding
Re: Texas actually allowing an abortion
December 09, 2023
Nope. The Attorney General of Texas filed a motion with the Texas Supreme Court, which has blocked the lower court order.

Is anyone surprised?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hearing-underway-texas-woman-court-emergency-abortion/story?id=105455849

Thank Gawd I do not live in that fucking cesspool of a state--if I did I would be moving Heaven and Earth to get my tubes removed.

Women who want dah bebbehs think they are protected--they are not. Something goes wrong? The state does not care if you die. And sex is not always consensual. Even if you don't want a fambilee, you could be raped and you would be forced to carry your rapist's baby.

Women (and the men who care about them) really need to start realizing this is about punishing women and they need to start voting these knuckle draggers out.

The cretins who are making these rules DO. NOT. CARE. if women DIE.
December 10, 2023
and it just got overturned at the supreme court level. bastards

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 10, 2023
Women have no right to live in TexASS.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 10, 2023
I was reading on reddit/cf that the mother herself my die of sepsis from this or bleed out. Why didn't she head out of state as soon as she obtained the diagnosis unless the family is that poor??? I also wonder if she voted for the types that did this, another leopard with a chewed off face.
December 10, 2023
I know this may not help poor women but maybe some women can run up their credit cards to get care, but I always thought it might be a good idea to have women's clinics at airports in states that allow abortions. Particularly Chicago O'Hare, it's in a state that allows abortions and most of the airports in Texas have flights going there. I don't know if abortion or sterilization can be done all in one day but there are discount airlines like Spirit and Southwest that could take a woman there and back. If I were that woman I might get all my credit cards, get on the Southwest web site, make an appointment in Chicago and get to DFW any way I can to fly to ORD. All the maxed out credit cards are much less than a kid, and worth saving a life.
December 11, 2023
cfdavep
I was reading on reddit/cf that the mother herself my die of sepsis from this or bleed out. Why didn't she head out of state as soon as she obtained the diagnosis unless the family is that poor??? I also wonder if she voted for the types that did this, another leopard with a chewed off face.
Because if she is a resident of Texas she could be prosecuted for travelling out of state to obtain an abortion. That is how messed up it is.
December 11, 2023
and people are moving to Texas in droves for cheaper living, warmer weather, tech jobs, also cheaper land.
December 12, 2023
I can't for the life of me understand who would want to live in Texass in the first place, even before they banned abortion. It's hot as fuck in summer, you get cornholed every year by hurricanes, and you can't even get decent pizza there.

I've been keeping up with the updates on this story and the pro-liar defense is some shit like, "Every life deserves to exist, even if it's only for a little while" as logic to force the woman to carry a doomed pregnancy. I have no idea if trisomy 18 is painful at all for the child, but notice the complete lack of concern for the woman's well-being. Who cares she's been to the ER something like four times for pregnancy complications, or the mental/emotional torment of having to carry a doomed child, push it out (which is risky too because of the woman's past C-sections because her uterus could rupture) and pay money for all that only for the very wanted child to die.

She even played up the "bawwww I won't be able to make more bebbies!" angle and that didn't even convince them. Of course the person standing in the way of the ruling is a man who will never ever need an abortion. His reasoning is that the (female) judge is not qualified to decide if a woman should get an abortion for her own health/life. I wonder if he would have interfered if the judge who allowed the woman to abort was a man.

I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way to make it so abortion is even illegal if the mother's life is in danger. They only seem to care about the fetuses up until they're born, so some pregnant woman's life is a sacrifice they're willing to make so a fetus can live for five seconds in the outside world.

I hope this cocksucker attorney general gets cancer in every single hole he has.
December 12, 2023
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/state/2023/12/11/kate-cox-leaves-texas-to-obtain-abortion-after-challenging-states-ban/71882304007/

I guess she left the state to abort, Thank the Gods
December 12, 2023
she may have to stay gone. bet she is on their most wanted list.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 12, 2023
Definitely.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 12, 2023
twocents

That would be in her best interests from a health standpoint too if this is the shit she has to go through to get a simple termination of a doomed pregnancy. I'd like to hope that she won't get herself knocked up again in case the next fetus has the same condition as the current one, but breeders gon breed regardless of the risks.

I hope more women leave Texas. Then the politicians will have to pick on each other if they can't make female bodily autonomy illegal. Nobody should have to go through all this shit to get an abortion, whether it's elective or medically necessary. I'm glad she was able to afford to travel out of the state for a termination because not all women are fortunate enough to have that option available to them.

“The idea that Ms. Cox wants so desperately to be a parent and this law may have her lose that ability is shocking, and would be a genuine miscarriage of justice,” Gamble said during the Thursday hearing.

This makes it sound like she's going to be a poor unfortunate barren wanna-breeder if she loses her precious fertility. She's already got two brats! Let me guess, she's trying for a female child so she has the complete set because her two existing kids are boys. Breeders can't ever just be happy with what they have, they always have to have more more more. Look what "me need babby" got this woman.
December 12, 2023
twocents

Hopefully, she has a one way ticket to Chicago.
December 22, 2023
Look out for the positive Trisomy stories, designed to make women feel guilty for making a choice.

At least in this story the woman says she's pro-choice but it also sounds like she's minimizing taking care of this kid. Oh, she's like a soccer mom, except she's taking her daughter to therapy and medical appointments.

And wow, this woman appears to have received really shitty pre-natal care--the doctors had no idea she was carrying a Trisomy 18 baby.

There is also some guy on FB who says he has Trisomy 18 but it's also really important to distinguish between someone who has the full condition, versus someone who has a mosiac variation of the condition. A lot of these people with mosiac conditions are much more functional than full blown conditions.
December 22, 2023
I live in anti-abortion hellhole Arizona. Thankfully I had the foresight to get a hysterectomy in 2014.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 23, 2023
and bell, these people still want to breed..

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

December 23, 2023
twocents
and bell, these people still want to breed..

Tell me about it, although they may just be SAYING that to appeal to wanna breeders, fence sitters, and breeders.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
January 03, 2024
craftyzits
I live in anti-abortion hellhole Arizona. Thankfully I had the foresight to get a hysterectomy in 2014.

Louisiana here and it's the same way.

With all the problems this state has, poor education, poverty, low wages, high unemployment, etc., I'm trying to figure out how banning abortion has made things better as I am not seeing it.
January 03, 2024
nightfire
cfdavep
Because if she is a resident of Texas she could be prosecuted for travelling out of state to obtain an abortion. That is how messed up it is.

I wonder what would happen if this woman left Texas for an abortion and decided not to go back. Would Texas charge her and try to extradite her back to Texas for trial? That would be interesting.
January 03, 2024
Man, Texas just keeps getting better and better. Today, a court ruled that Texas can ban emergency abortions. Somehow, Texas state law can overrule federal laws. Not sure how that even works.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/appeals-court-rules-texas-can-ban-emergency-abortions-spite-federal-gu-rcna131989

A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that Texas can ban emergency abortions even though the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services says a federal statute takes priority over state laws prohibiting the procedure.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed a district court’s ruling that sided with Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton. The appeal was heard by Judge Leslie Southwick, an appointee of President George W. Bush, and Trump appointees Kurt Engelhardt and Cory Wilson.

"The Texas plaintiffs argument that medical treatment is historically subject to police power of the States, not to be superseded unless that was the clear and manifest purpose of Congress, is convincing," Engelhardt wrote.

Spokespeople for the Justice Department and the Texas attorney general did not immediately respond to requests for comment Tuesday evening.

The Texas Supreme Court last month denied a request for an emergency court order allowing Kate Cox, a pregnant woman who learned her fetus had a fatal diagnosis, to have an abortion in the state. Cox ended up leaving the state to get the procedure.

Paxton, a Republican, had sued to block guidance from the Department of Health and Human Services in 2022 that said medical providers should offer abortions in emergency situations, in accordance with a 1986 federal law that requires doctors to provide the emergency services needed to stabilize any person who comes into an emergency room regardless of the patient's ability to pay.

The Biden administration had appealed a ruling by U.S. District Judge James Wesley Hendrix, who in 2022 barred the federal agency from enforcing the guidance in Texas and against two anti-abortion groups of doctors.

In his ruling, Hendrix found that the department's guidance went "well beyond" the text of the law known as the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act.

The appeals court agreed with the district court’s finding that the federal statute, known as EMTALA, “does not provide an unqualified right for the pregnant mother to abort her child especially when EMTALA imposes equal stabilization obligations,” Engelhardt wrote in Tuesday's opinion.

"We therefore decline to expand the scope of EMTALA," he added.
January 04, 2024
Cambion
Somehow, Texas state law can overrule federal laws. Not sure how that even works.

We really need to just cut Texas loose. Let them find out first hand how long they last without the rest of the nation.
January 04, 2024
kittehpeoples
We really need to just cut Texas loose. Let them find out first hand how long they last without the rest of the nation.

I agree. You ever see the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he saws through the entire state of Florida, separating it from the mainland and lets it float off into the ocean? We need to do that to Texas, but evacuate all the women first. Then all the fucking politicians who live in that hellhole won't be able to kill anyone with their horse shit laws.

How the hell can a state be allowed to ban emergency medical treatment in any regard? It's not like people choose to have emergencies. I foresee a lot of lawsuits when women are allowed to die from completely preventable/treatable pregnancy complications because doctors aren't allowed to do their jobs.

Fuck Texas, I hope global warming makes the water rise enough to put that cesspool underwater. No offense to anyone here who lives in Texas. I don't hate you, I just hate your state.
January 05, 2024
Did anyone see the interview featuring one of the Republican shit bird presidential candidates (Indian guy) arguing with a reporter that Trisomy 18 is not incompatible with life ? Because they are all doctors now. He also said he wants to put “pregnancy responsibility” into the law. (By all means let’s put men first in this law with enforcing child support and how about we just kill convicted rapists?)

People in the 60’s and 70’s fought for abortion rights and certain things were a given. Thanks to inattentive voters now we have all these emboldened idiots who are telling women they should be happy to birth rapists’s babies and to carry and birth all but dead lumps of flesh and be happy about that too.

People who vote for these asswipes deserve them but we sure don’t.
January 05, 2024
There are so many people over on reddit/cf scambling to get sterilized while in shock over R v. W. My FIL said that if everyone in this country voted the Rethugicans would never get in, but there is someone about Dems that cause them to see voting itself as just too much bother. Now we are in a spiral where voting rights themselves for women maybe in danger. It is like they are too polite to stand up for anything and people suffer including themselves.

I fear for November 2024.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login