Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

62 year old woman petitions court to harvest dead husband's sperm

Posted by cfuter 
62 year old woman petitions court to harvest dead husband's sperm
January 03, 2024
A 62-year-old woman in Australia has won the right to extract her dead husband’s sperm – but faces an ongoing battle to be able to use it.

The woman – who has not been identified for legal reasons – was looking into conceiving a child via surrogate when her 61-year-old husband died suddenly at their Western Australia home on Dec. 17, ABC reported.

She presented an “urgent” case before the Supreme Court the next evening, and Justice Fiona Seaward granted her permission to have the sperm tissue removed from her husband’s body, which was still being stored at a morgue in Perth, the outlet explained.

(My hub is 62 and I'm still in my 50s, I couldnt imagine having a baby at this age. I would love to have another additional pet, but I dont want the extra work/hair. This woman should take her hub's death as a sign!)

Read more if you wish, below:

https://nypost.com/2024/01/03/news/widow-62-wins-right-to-extract-dead-husbands-sperm/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost
Re: 62 year old woman petitions court to harvest dead husband's sperm
January 03, 2024
The human race is doomed. sad smiley
January 03, 2024
If they hadn't already been trying to have a kid when the husband died, I'd have thought this was a case of misplaced grief. Instead it just sounds like they were both idiots and she's trying to carry on the tradition.
January 03, 2024
BTW, I tried to consolidate the two threads and this is what I was left with. The "merge thread" functionality appears to be broken.

According to the article, they had "talked" about having another child. Their kids both died in accidents in 2013 and 2019. I do wonder what they were waiting for? They were not getting any younger.

Very few 62 year old people have the stamina to raise a child, even if they don't have to birth it. Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

I did a little sleuthing, and there was a case in 2010 where a husband's request to harvest eggs from his 36 year old, brain dead wife was denied by doctors at Mass General. It appears these two didn't have kids and had not taken steps to have kids. For all we know, the wife didn't want them. Glad her husband wasn't successful because that's just like post-mortem rape.

The denial was 13 years ago. I hope times are not changing, but it sure looks as if they are. These cases raise a lot of ethical questions. How would you feel knowing you were conceived from the genetic material of a person who died or was on the way out? I think it would be pretty strange.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login