Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Real fun at the dentist

Posted by cfdavep 
Real fun at the dentist
February 29, 2024
I was at the dentist this morning and a hispanic moo had her kid in there in the waiting room. My dh and I had to listen to him yell LOUDLY steady for 30 minutes before I got called in. He tried a half dozen times to open the door going into the area where they do cleanings and my dh put his foot against the door and told him not to do that. The moo was ok with that, thankfully as I have heard stories. Afterwards a guy came in with two kids that made it obvious he was dating a woman from a certain part of the city, not to sound racist.

He was so slack mentally that he didn't think he needed to bring the insurance card for the sprog. The receptionist told him that she would have to call the insurance to see if this visit is covered and then said that she may not be able to get though as they tend to be really busy not that it was her job to pick up after him.

If they didn't cover it he would get a bill for about $350. This risk did not seem to faze him AT ALL and I thought to myself just not paying bills is probably part of how he lives his life. Then he said "well....the mom has the card" I was like "who shows up without their cards" Anyway I had to go to the bathroom and the hispanic kid who was was as wide as he was tall tried to open the door while I was on the toilet and again, at least the moo stopped him in a slack kinda way. After moo was called in for her appointment, the dud magically appeared to look after the little round noise maker as he was in the car the entire time. When the noise maker was having a meltdown she offered hin to me in a joking way as he was such a pain. She did not jokingly offer him to DH.

So I go to this dentist as that is the only place that the new insurance will take since dh took early retirement, but I think I will be looking around for a better neigborhood where the clientele is a little classier. On top of that the dentist is not all that through and you are treated more like you are a car at the mechanic than a person.
Re: Real fun at the dentist
February 29, 2024
Last year I completed orthodontia, obviously as an adult. There were separate areas for adults and children and unfortunately my orthodontist shared space with a pediatric dentistry practice.

The place was separated by partitions, etc.

Holy Shit did I ever get a look and a listen at how different children are now, and how badly they are being raised. I remember going to the doctor as a kid. Nobody liked that but there was never a question that I had to sit still for shots or do what my parents said.

Things are obviously not the same today. Most kids are barely compliant. I was appalled at seeing kids that were middle-school aged acting like toddlers. Screaming, thrashing, crying. I would have been embarrassed to act like that at age 11, but there they were. It was really eye opening and not in a good way.
March 01, 2024
bell_flower
Last year I completed orthodontia, obviously as an adult.

Another adult orthodontic patient here, but my work was done about 20 years ago. I remember my orthodontist commenting on how he was happy to work with a patient who actually followed his instructions, so no surprise to anyone here, but kids' behavior has been on a downward slide for years now.
March 01, 2024
Tiquer
bell_flower
Last year I completed orthodontia, obviously as an adult.

Another adult orthodontic patient here, but my work was done about 20 years ago. I remember my orthodontist commenting on how he was happy to work with a patient who actually followed his instructions, so no surprise to anyone here, but kids' behavior has been on a downward slide for years now.

I'm thinking that most kids have fried brains. Our environment is fucked.

Yes, there's lots of bad parents, but humans went through a genetic bottleneck a hundred thousand years ago and that is causing our DNA to be without variation and at this late date the genetic problems are exploding.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login