Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teachers saying "by far, we are doomed" regarding the current crop of brats

Posted by Cambion 
It's a long read, but the short version is that Gen Alpha kids are rude, insufferable, disobeying and sometimes illiterate little shits and teachers don't know what to do about it.

This is probably the result of a combination of no discipline, boundaries or consequences and instead this horse shit about discussing and evaluating feelings in lieu of discipline. If kids need to discuss their feelings, that's what therapists and counselors are for. Parents do not need to be counselors, they need to be PARENTS. But why should parents care how their rotten little bastards act in school? They're probably thrilled someone else has to deal with their sprogs for a good chunk of the day instead of them, so they think they don't have to care how their kids behave.

Some key points below. Our bright and shining future, folks:

And they are confused and frightened by the behavior of Gen Alpha. They’re saying Gen Alpha is defiant, aggressive, disrespectful, and rude.

Having to teach and work with you guys as children has been the most traumatic experience of my life. They don’t respect any authority. You ask them, ‘Can you stand at your designated spot?’ They’re telling you, ‘No’ and ‘Shut up.’ They’re throwing things at each other. They’re throwing things at other people, other classmates. You say, ‘Can everybody sit in their spot?’ ‘I don’t want to.’ ‘I’m not doing that.’ ‘You don’t get to tell me what to do.’ ‘You’re not my mom.'

But these kids are… I’m gonna just say this: I teach seventh grade—they are still performing on the fourth-grade level.

I’m a middle school teacher. I’m also 22 years old. And I will tell you, by far, we are doomed. These kids do not care. I have kids, all they want to do all day long is get high, like…

And more importantly, why do you think it’s so funny? Your kids cannot read, they cannot write, they’re ill-mannered.

I’ve been trying to sound the alarm about Gen Alpha students and their poor behavior in their classrooms, as well as their literacy problems, since May of last year. But because of my age and how I look, every time I make a video about these topics, I’ll get people that have never worked with kids or have never spent a day in the classroom as an educator give me lines like, ‘Well, you’re just old and jaded,’ ‘If you don’t like it, and you can’t handle it, quit and find another job,’ [and] ‘Kids have always been like this, nothing’s new in 2023.'

And some of y’all need to stop making excuses. ‘You’re just blaming the kids.’ ‘You’re just so mean.’ No, we are not. The problem is that we have [is] this generation of parents that [don’t] want to take accountability for not doing what they need to do to raise kids that are self-sufficient, that are socialized, or kind. And no, it’s not the kid’s fault.

The people that are talking about it are the ones that work with the kids and not the ones that are raising the kids. Gen Alpha have been raised to believe that they are grown folks, that they can speak to whoever they want, however they want. That violence is the answer. Gen Alpha students are raised in a world that tells them that it’s okay to be as nihilistic and individualistic as possible, that they don’t have to care about anything or anyone, that they can speak to anybody however they want to speak to them, even though they’re only 10, 11 or 12 years old.

Most importantly, they are being conditioned to believe that they are immune to consequences, that there are no consequences to their poor behavior, to their rudeness, to their lack of care in completing tasks and doing well in school. They just don’t care.

https://www.boredpanda.com/genz-teachers-alpha-students-alarming/?cexp_id=93337&cexp_var=49&_f=featured
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login