Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo steals guy's Legos

Posted by cfdavep 
Moo steals guy's Legos
June 04, 2024
https://slate.com/advice/2024/06/lego-sets-expensive-stolen-girlfriend-family-advice.html

The guy had his packages sent to his girlfriend's parents place due to high theft rate at his apartment.
Girlfriend's moo sister is visiting or lives there and takes the packages as her own.

Her kids go wild after opening it and they ruin the Legos.
Guy threatens moo with small claims court and calls her the dirty theft that she is. Grandad pays the $2000 out to save the moo/daughter from court.

The advice giver seems to think that he took it too far by calling moo a dirty thief.

The fact that grandduh paid the cost to keep moo/daughter from court shows why she did what she did in the first place.
Re: Moo steals guy's Legos
June 04, 2024
The moo/sister opened mail that isn't hers. Federal offense. Oh, and grand theft too. She got off very easy because her dad saved her ass. If he wouldn't have escalated he would not have been reimbursed for the legos. If this causes his relationship with the girlfriend and family to dissolve then good riddance. If he didn't demand payment this shit would just repeat itself and would become much worse if he were to marry into the family. Imagine the same thing happening to his car because moo/sister is the type to take it "because the keys were just sitting there" and wreck it and then have some lame excuse for why she can't pay for the repairs. Moo/sister has an obvious entitlement that her family is willing to indulge and pay off her stupid debts. There is no incentive for this behavior to stop.

The girlfriend is a piece of shit for telling him he should have let things go, but it isn't her $2000 either. I bet she would have felt differently if her moo/sister stole and destroyed a $2000 piece of jewelry her boyfriend bought for her and had sent to the house.

The moo/sister should have paid him back or borrowed the money to pay him back and given it to him immediately. I don't know what $2000 worth of legos looks like but I guarantee you it is impressive and looks expensive. Or told him of her intentions to do so and offered a date for when this would happen. This family needs to be angry with the moo/sister and force her to have accountability and pay her father back. And she is a parunt and needs to learn to set a good example for her brats. If she didn't want to be their role model she shouldn't have had the kids in the first place.
June 04, 2024
I think the whole problem is grand-duh cleaning up after his moo daughter and parents doing that in general. That is not adulthood, if you screw up there are consequences, but not according to many parents nowadays.
Even if she thought the package of Legos were a gift for her brats and failed to read the address on the front, she still screwed up and should've offered and apology and made it right with the guy. Instead she skirted responsibly and had the audacity to tell the guy that adults should not be playing with Legos anyway

I hope he dumped the girlfriend.
June 04, 2024
Toxic family dynamic as well as an entitled family. I can't believe Legos cost that much and that they can be wrecked? Did the kid put them in a blender or something? I guess I'm seriously out of the loop on those things. I kind of remember them as a standard kid's toy from when I was little and it was pretty common for people to have them. I also remember them being pretty sturdy.

I think there's nothing wrong with playing with them as an adult. I guess it's kind of a hobby or collection item for some people and I can see where using Legos would be quite relaxing and peaceful.

Grandpoo needs to stop bailing his daughter out if he wants her to stop the behavior. Also, I agree that this dude needs to GTFO of that relationship if this is how things are done in that family.
June 05, 2024
I, a guy, am going to stick up for the woman in this case. No, I never known Legos to be $2000 (there would have to be a LOT of them) and once you step on a Lego you know they can't be wrecked.

Legos are still made and will be and whatever is lost can be easily replaced.
June 06, 2024
mr. neptune
I, a guy, am going to stick up for the woman in this case. No, I never known Legos to be $2000 (there would have to be a LOT of them) and once you step on a Lego you know they can't be wrecked.

Legos are still made and will be and whatever is lost can be easily replaced.

You can easily spend $2k in a single Lego order. Here's what I found in less than 30 seconds on Lego.com:

Eiffel Tower - $629.99
Titanic - $679.99
Star Wars Venator - $649.99
Lord of the Rings Rivendell - $499.99

Sets are discontinued on occasion, making them VERY expensive to replace.

Stepping on a brick barefoot will break you before it breaks the brick, but they're not indestructible (some of the long connectors can be snapped, and you only have to lose one crucial brick to make final assembly a nightmare). Long story short, moo stole someone else's mail and gave it to her kids. The person is right that she's a dirty thief and had no right to open his mail, let alone give away his possessions.
June 06, 2024
mr neptune, lego sets can be expensive and if it was a kit some of those pieces, if lost, may not be easily replaced. it is the principle. and grampa bailing out this bitch, can see where it starts and the m'fing little bastards won't improve, if anything the problem will grow exponentially.

I'm glad I don't have kids and I don't have 'famblee'.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

No one is more arrogant towards women, more aggressive or scornful, than the man who is anxious (insecure..my word) about his virility. Simone de Beauvoir

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children. The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 06, 2024
OOooooohhhh! I want a Titanic Lego set! I could totally get into that but I don't think I'd want to spend that much. I guess it's evolved over the last fifty years into something more for toy collectors.
June 07, 2024
mumofsixbirds
OOooooohhhh! I want a Titanic Lego set! I could totally get into that but I don't think I'd want to spend that much. I guess it's evolved over the last fifty years into something more for toy collectors.

They have a huge range of sets and prices. Lots of $20 stuff, lots of $100+. Stuff for kids, stuff for collectors. And some of it is REALLY spectacular.
June 07, 2024
I actually found an $1800 set online for those who are REALLY into it as a hobby. I am sure every peice of that set is was scattered in the house.
June 17, 2024
It's also possible it was ruined by being opened, if he planned to keep it in pristine, collector condition. Or simply losing a few small, non-standard pieces which are only part of that particular set.
June 17, 2024
yurble
It's also possible it was ruined by being opened, if he planned to keep it in pristine, collector condition. Or simply losing a few small, non-standard pieces which are only part of that particular set.

Both valid points. Lego includes extras of some of the tiny pieces in their kits, but everything else is exactly how many you need to complete the set. Lose one and it's like losing a puzzle piece. You can get creative, but it won't be right. And if he meant to keep them "new in box," they're definitely ruined for that.
June 28, 2024
I'd like to point out that most likely the gf's home with the sister and fuck trophies there is going to be totally wrecked by the time they leave (unless they're living there). and her attitude is a red flag

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

No one is more arrogant towards women, more aggressive or scornful, than the man who is anxious (insecure..my word) about his virility. Simone de Beauvoir

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children. The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 29, 2024
twocents
I'd like to point out that most likely the gf's home with the sister and fuck trophies there is going to be totally wrecked by the time they leave (unless they're living there). and her attitude is a red flag

Ew, yes. If moo's attitude is "if they want it, you should give it to them" seems like a recipe for a miserable house.
July 10, 2024
there was another story, think it was on youtube but it originated in reddit where a couple who went on a short vacation and let her shitbag sister (or brother) and their 'gentle discipline' fuck trophies into their house and they almost wrecked it in the space of a week. cigarette smoke (asshole wouldn't go out) bitch daughter drew all over the walls, the dog wasn't treated nicely.

breeder brains were told to leave (early I think) and asked to foot the clean up bill. 'but we're faaaaamily and we have brrraaattts'.. I think at some point the 'gentle parenting' blew up in the breeders faces but I don't remember. do NOT get involved with famblee sex trophies.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

July 10, 2024
I get the impression that a lot of these "gentle parenting" types think it means they don't have to do anything, rather than figuring out how to train their kids without negative reinforcement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login