Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Younger women and healthcare

Posted by cfdavep 
Younger women and healthcare
June 27, 2024
Someone posted this on twoxchromosomes:

"Lifehack (that I learned here, on this board!):

To get actual medical attention, say that you're thinking of getting pregnant.
"I will definitely eat more salt, thanks. But I'm going to be trying to get pregnant soon, so I'd really like it if we could make sure there's nothing else wrong."
Suddenly you will get blood tests and scans and actual medicine!"

If they think you are getting ready for a baby then you get really good treatment from doctors. Of course this would not work for women 50 plus
https://old.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/1dpb9z8/dr_told_me_to_just_eat_salt/
Re: Younger women and healthcare
June 28, 2024
It sucks, but the truth is women are more valuable to doctors if they are either pregnant or trying to become pregnant. So I'm not surprised that someone claiming to be trying to conceive gets treated better than someone who is openly trying to avoid it. Doctors will fall all over themselves to help you if there might be a fetus involved, either now or in the future, because $$$$$$. But no fetus? You're just hysterical/hormonal.

It's kinda like how you also sometimes seem to get better treatment if you're thin. Because if you're obese and you go to a doctor, they will try to blame damn near every symptom on your weight. And yes, many health issues and symptoms can be directly caused or worsened by being fat. But a lot of doctors are very willing to just blow fat patients' concerns off and tell them to lose weight instead of doing actual diagnostic tests.

Also, does this woman live in the US? I'm just astounded that there is anyone in this country who isn't getting enough salt given how much sodium is in every-fucking-thing we eat.

But it's a good hack to keep in mind! Sucks to need to use it, but I'm sure it works. I don't know if I could bring myself to even lie about trying to get up the duff without throwing up in my mouth, not to mention that given my age, I could start perimenopause at any time and TTC might only be a valid excuse for a little longer. Plus I'm on the pill and I'm sure nobody would believe me if I said I was trying to conceive when I've been on Sprintec for like a decade.
June 29, 2024
This is fucking infuriating and I believe it.
July 02, 2024
Cambion
It sucks, but the truth is women are more valuable to doctors if they are either pregnant or trying to become pregnant. So I'm not surprised that someone claiming to be trying to conceive gets treated better than someone who is openly trying to avoid it. Doctors will fall all over themselves to help you if there might be a fetus involved, either now or in the future, because $$$$$$. But no fetus? You're just hysterical/hormonal.

It's kinda like how you also sometimes seem to get better treatment if you're thin. Because if you're obese and you go to a doctor, they will try to blame damn near every symptom on your weight. And yes, many health issues and symptoms can be directly caused or worsened by being fat. But a lot of doctors are very willing to just blow fat patients' concerns off and tell them to lose weight instead of doing actual diagnostic tests.

Also, does this woman live in the US? I'm just astounded that there is anyone in this country who isn't getting enough salt given how much sodium is in every-fucking-thing we eat.

I am one of those rare birds who must mind falling sodium. I was hospitalized for lacking ANY sodium, and I occasionally occasionally get 'low sodium ' complaints from doctors. Odd, as I've high blood pressure.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login