Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What's Everyone Doing For Halloween?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
What's Everyone Doing For Halloween?
October 13, 2008
I used to love Halloween until I moved to this godforsaken neighborhood. Used to decorate, dress up, and give out candy. Our friend that always had a kick ass party moved to IL this summer, so we won't be going there. I think we'll go out to dinner during the whole fiasco.

What are you all doing?
Re: What's Everyone Doing For Halloween?
October 13, 2008
Locking the gate and loading up the trebuchet.
October 13, 2008
We'll probably do what we always do. Turn off all the lights outside and in the front part of the house and go watch tv. I live on a dead end street so thankfully we don't get that many kids anyway.
ocelot71
October 13, 2008
Oddly, giving out candy. To kids. And continuing my sociological observation that little Mexican kids take ONE piece of candy and don't talk much except to say "Thank you" as they scamper off, whereas some of the white kids are the greediest little bastards on the planet.

The best was the year we got 4 teens being Paris Hilton and the rest on "The Simple Life" - they had a real sheep (who was unimpressed by the whole thing)!!
October 13, 2008
I'm working like mad on a bastardized costume of NiGHTS. For those who are not familiar with the games, here's a picture of him/her/it:

And by 'bastardized', I mean I'm turning a purple hoodie and two second-hand shirts into something resembling NiGHTS from the waist up. I might to go to the Halloween bash my school is holding, but I will likely need to carry around a color pic of NiGHTS since no one seems to know who he is.

I'm also contemplating meeting a cool CFer I initially met online for a Halloween coffee - he lives near me, but I am a teeny bit iffy about meeting a net friend who is twice my age in person.
I will be working that day, my LAST day of work before I begin my retirement. smiling smiley I live in an apartment building inhabited mostly by elderly people so trick-or-treaters knocking on my door is a very rare event. I do not recall having any of them for at least 10 years.

That being said, I am prepared for them. I buy one of those snack-packs of potato chips and cheese doodles. This way, if I have any of them left over, I can eat them myself. Better still, when I go to my brother's place for Thanskgiving, I take them in the car so my dad and I (and my ladyfriend) can nibble on them when we are not behind the wheel. [My dad likes to nibble AND drive at the same time LOL!]
October 14, 2008
We'll actually be doing the Trick-or-Treat thing from 6 to 8. We get whordes of brats. Despite our dislike of kids, we do enjoy the activity and we mostly hang out with our neighbors who are pretty cool, we drink beer and eat while giving out the candy.

After that, we're going to a Samhain ritual and gathering; it starts at 8 so it will be lights out a few minutes early so we can scurry off and be there on time.
Anonymous User
October 14, 2008
I'll be dressing up as Wonder Woman and suffering through parents at the workplace bringing their brats in for an office trick-or-treat. I'll paste on a smile til it's over, then go to a smashing party/haunted house hosted by a CF co-worker and his lovely wife. :nerd
October 14, 2008
Getting dressed up and having friends over for drinks and horror movies.
October 14, 2008
we dont have trick or treat here or anything like that. so it will be a blessedly quiet nite. now bonfire night is different..
October 14, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we dont have trick or treat here or anything like
> that. so it will be a blessedly quiet nite. now
> bonfire night is different..

Hi, Merc!
October 14, 2008
hi, i am still around, was one of the first here, and was on turtles b4 that imploded. so still read just dont post much.

i like the adult halloween stuff here, the nightclubs are all costume affairs

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
October 14, 2008
The weekend before Halloween I'll be participating in a Zombie Lurch down our main street to freak out the squares and street preachers. The night of Halloween we'll probably dress up and see a Spinal Tap tribute band. Then night after Halloween we're going to a party that our friends throw every year. We used to do a haunted house together so the decor is always fantastic.

You may notice there will be no opportunity to interact with children, except maybe at the Zombie Lurch. I love Halloween.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 14, 2008
THROW a Halloween party!^.^
Anonymous User
October 14, 2008
My dance school is celebrating its 10th anniversary. There's going to be a 3 day party plus workshops given by teachers from around the world. I'm going to the evening dances dressed as a lady-sailor (if my costume from dancestore.com arrives in time) and will be taking lindy hop lessons from renoun dancers! The following week, when all the candy is on sale, we're going to another party.
Also, I take part in a secret satan gift exchange on the selfish heathen website.
October 14, 2008
Yes- and it's a friday!!!!!!!!
October 14, 2008
I'll be stuffing my face with mini-chocolate bars and NOT letting the goddamn neighborhood brats get any. I always put the lights out and pretend I'm not home.

I just hope the fucking pieces of shit downstairs won't put on a display (bastard who let his single moo whore move in). They've already put a fucking pumpkin right next to my front door, and the squirrels are having a blast with it. I just want to kick it all over the pig's SUV.
October 15, 2008
Medusa Wrote:
> I just hope the fucking pieces of shit downstairs
> won't put on a display (bastard who let his single
> moo whore move in). They've already put a fucking
> pumpkin right next to my front door, and the
> squirrels are having a blast with it. I just want
> to kick it all over the pig's SUV.

There you go, give those breeder bastards a taste of the medicine their awful crotch fruit put the rest of us through every year smashing everyone else's pumpkins. Hmmmmmm.......

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 15, 2008
I have to work until 8:00p.m. that night, after which I'll be running home to don my Jem costume. Then I'll drive to a town about 25 minutes away to hang out with my friends and hear some live music.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2008
Working at a game store, giving out cheese strings to the local brats.

For most of them, it will be the most nutritious thing they eat all autumn.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2008
Acme Wrote:
> Working at a game store, giving out cheese strings
> to the local brats.
>

LOL!! Your store will be right up there with people giving out pencils, raisins, and religious tracts!

Feh, I want to hear more about the Zombie Lurch. It sounds fun!
Tahki (NLI)
October 16, 2008
I'll be dressing up as a 20's flapper girl and going trick-or-treating with my friend...she's gonna be Okami! After that I'm staying at home to watch the horror flicks and The Night Gallery...

And I don't ever mind raisins or pencils. Could always use more pencils (LOL!)
October 16, 2008
Tahki (NLI) Wrote:
> I'll be dressing up as a 20's flapper girl and
> going trick-or-treating with my friend...she's
> gonna be Okami! After that I'm staying at home to
> watch the horror flicks and The Night Gallery...
>
> And I don't ever mind raisins or pencils. Could
> always use more pencils (LOL!)

What about...dare I say it....Mary Janes....? the horror!
Anonymous User
October 16, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
>
> What about...dare I say it....Mary Janes....? the
> horror!

Oddly, I used to have a Mary Jane addiction. The candy, I mean!
October 16, 2008
It's something that happens in many cities around the world, and if you can get a largish group of people to do it and talk about it, it only seems to grow larger with each passing year.

"Time to lurch!

Tired of your rights as a member of the living dead being violated? Sick of people putting you down or worse, screaming and trying to smash your head with a cricket bat? We don't deserve to be treated like this! We will no longer stand for being viewed as lesser citizens. We need to fight for our rights and demand equal treatment.

The Coalition Of the Living Dead (COLD) encourages zombies and zombie supporters to come equipped with signs and slogans to make our point. We will raise our voices and we will not be ignored.

Help our support numbers grow, please post this message on your blog, email it to your friends and bring as many people to the lurch as you can. Feel free to bring your family, children and friendly dogs to march with us for our rights. "

It's HIGH-larious because it always happens on a football Saturday, so the hordes of zombies will be lurching through hordes of drunken football fans. It's a wonderful sight to behold, especially when we get to the area where the street preachers hang out. Every year they seem completely caught off guard, the female evangelicals seem terrified, and their children...well, they seem completely envious.

--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login