Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Volkswagon Car Commercial

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Volkswagon Car Commercial
October 14, 2008
Someone posted a while back on a Subaru commercial. Didn't make the car particularly appealing. I have always thought of Sub as a more 'utility' minded vehicle, but then I haven't really looked at them. (I drive a mini-cooper, luv the little squirt.)

The other day I saw a VW commercial, only once so far and I didn't get all the details (I tend to tune out car commercials as they are 99% unappealing) but after a few sentences I listened a little closer. Direct marketing to pregnant brood sows as being the preferred vehicle for brood sows. It ended with what, they thought, was a cute caveat 'don't get pregnant just to get a VW'; made me wanna puke.

I read the Baby Trap years ago, and I take it out to refresh myself on occasion. I think pandering to breeding is at an all time high. Sheesh.
Cheese Louise
Re: Volkswagon Car Commercial
October 14, 2008
I've ranted about this vomitrocious VW commercial. One of the worst ever. Brooke Shields thinks she's being funny, but it's just too stupid a commercial for words. And it's 4 minutes long...more like a disinfomercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDZSxFLcMVg
October 14, 2008
Brook Shields is a breeder cunt.

Yes she is well-raised and went to Princeton, has oodles of money, but what has she really done for humanity other than breed?

Most of her charity work is breeder-based: http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/202-brooke-shields

Waste of a good education in my opinion.
October 14, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brook Shields is a breeder cunt.
>
> Yes she is well-raised and went to Princeton, has
> oodles of money, but what has she really done for
> humanity other than breed?
>
> Most of her charity work is breeder-based:
> http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/202-brooke
> -shields
>
> Waste of a good education in my opinion.

I agree!
CJ
October 14, 2008
Oh hell, I remember when this chick was considered an "actress" back in the '80s. The problem is when people equate good looks with acting talent!drinking coffee

Yeah, stupid commercial. That shot of the nursery reminds me of the Lebensborn homes where women would crank out sprogs for the Reich. And all that talk of German engineering...just bad taste all around.winking smiley
deegee
October 14, 2008
I guess *something* got "between her and her Calvins" over the years :p
October 14, 2008
MOST ads are terrifyingly breederific.
October 14, 2008
What's worse is that damn Heidi Klum. There is nothing special about her whatsoever, yet she's fawned over as if she is a god.

She looks like every other supermodel out there, and is a breeder to boot.
October 14, 2008
I guess when someone's only skills are looking pretty and walking, doing other things is considered an accomplishment.
It must be quite the easy life when you're so dumb no one expects anything from you.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 14, 2008
I saw that commercial and looked at my husband and said, " I don't understand that". (neither did he) I am glad you explained it because I genuinely did not understand what it was attempting to say or what "angle" it was trying to take. I thought that maybe I had missed the part that explained it somehow, but I see now that I did not. That commercial needs to be removed immediately as they are alienating a huge market. I suppose that they think that the breeder buyers will be enough to keep their sales up, but they will not get my business specifically because of that ad. I have stopped going to Baskin Robbins because of their idiotic soccer mom commercial and the idiot babysitting grandmoo with the rotten kyds commercials. If Bounty keeps on with their kyds spilling shit and minute moo moomie laying in wait and all too happy to clean up after them, I am changing brands. The same goes for for JC Penney and their ANNOYING "Where's your mother?" commercials on their big sale days where they run to Penneys and duddy finds an hour of "babysitting" overwhelming.

If the majority of the breeders lose their excess spending money because of the economy, I can't WAIT to see how these big companies will scramble to change their target market advertising. If I have seen any of their former breeder targetted commercials, I will purposely NOT buy from them regardless of how they decide to market to the CF.
October 14, 2008
Why'd you remind me of those damn Bounty commercials??? They're completely inane.

Rotten kid trashes kitchen by shaking up a 2 liter of soda and opening it, or by tossing meat balls into spaghetti sauce, or crapping the floor or whatever, and Mom just turns around with a smile and a roll of Bounty? "Oh those kids and their wacky hijinx. Thank goodness for Bounty! (and this handfull of valium and this bottle of rum)"
I was raised by a pacifist who would have beaten me into an iron lung had I pulled anything close to that shit. Then again, I wouldn't have thought to pull such stunts as I was raised to respect the home I lived in and the people who cared for me.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
deegee
October 14, 2008
Kim, were you referring to that awful Friendly's commercial with that soccer mom outsinging the 6 girls in the moonivan about "going to Friendly's" after the soccer game? [Don't blame Baskin Robbins if it isn't *their* ad LOL!] There are very few ads in which I have to mute the sound or change the channel because I find it sooooooo offensive to listen to. Even my ladyfriend has to do that becasue she can't stand it, either!
Anonymous User
October 14, 2008
I guess brainwashing isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Some escape the net.
October 14, 2008
deegee Wrote:
> Kim, were you referring to that awful Friendly's
> commercial with that soccer mom outsinging the 6
> girls in the moonivan about "going to Friendly's"
> after the soccer game? There are very few ads
> in which I have to mute the sound or change the
> channel because I find it sooooooo offensive to
> listen to. Even my ladyfriend has to do that
> becasue she can't stand it, either!

No, this is the one where a soccer mom is standing on the sidelines of a kiddie soccer game dressed in business attire and acting normal. Then the coach announces that if they win then the whole team is going to Baskin Robbins. Then the soccer mom physically takes control of the ball from her kyds' opponent and head butts it or kicks it across the field. I hate that one almost as much as the one where meemaw is babysitting some little hellions who are promised a trip to Baskin Robbins, "if they are good", which they CLEARLY have not been. Meemaw wants to go to Baskin Robbins SO badly that she lies for the little bastards. The whole time I am watching I am thinking that for TWO dollars or so they can go get their OWN Baskin Robbins fix and to hell with those kyds. Also, I hate commercials that are insulting to my intelligence like the soccer mom taking control of the opponent's ball. It's common sense that a stunt like that would result in immediate forfeiture and/or a game loss for her team, so THEREFORE she would not get her Baskin Robbins anyway.
October 14, 2008
Oh man, I DETEST that commercial. It doesn't really make sense to me, either. I have to turn it every time or leave the room. Another one that drives me nuts is for ITT tech. The woman is furthering her education because, "My life changed when Coochface was born." OF COURSE. WHY would any woman want to make more money and be successful other than to take care of her own precious fucking DNA?! People are SO FUCKING SELFISH!angry smiley
barbara
October 14, 2008
There's this new advertisement for some kids product(cant remember the product's name) that European moms have been using for the last thirty years. It starts out with moo and 7-8 year old girl sprong laying on some grass. The little girl goes "I love you, mom" then moo says "No, I love you more" in a saccharine, syrupy tone of voice.
October 14, 2008
I just saw that fucking Volks ad last night and I was going to post about it! Gawds, what a load of breeder crap. And Brooke Shields is an idiot.
October 14, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
>
> If the majority of the breeders lose their excess
> spending money because of the economy, I can't
> WAIT to see how these big companies will scramble
> to change their target market advertising. If I
> have seen any of their former breeder targetted
> commercials, I will purposely NOT buy from them
> regardless of how they decide to market to the CF.

Actually, this VW commercial is too late in the game for breeder pleasing. The breeder popularity is loosing it's ground and the wallet that was providing for breeding is loosing it's income. VW is investing in something that before too long will not affordable. Breeding will vanish like a stinky fart and we will be back to 80's lifestyle very soon. As I have stated in my previous posts, the hard economic times are still ahead. The baby making market is loosing it's grip, the credit funding from housing is coming to an uphill battle. We need to remember that CF people prospered in slow economic times. Those economic times are coming back and we, the CF will be getting a second look and justification for our choice.
barbara
October 15, 2008
Has anyone ever noticed that in these ads for cleaning products, its only the kids, fathers, husbands and pets that makes all the messes. It's like no woman has ever spilled stuff in their homes.
October 15, 2008
Yep, Hubby and I noticed how in almost every sitcom and TV commercial where there is a "dad" figure of any type, he's always bashed in some way or made to look insignificant, unimportant, unworthy, or incapable.

It pisses me off when they show dirty animals or pets making messes in commercials. Kids are the dirty little fucks messing up the house, NOT the pets or the husband.

barbara Wrote:
> Has anyone ever noticed that in these ads for
> cleaning products, its only the kids, fathers,
> husbands and pets that makes all the messes. It's
> like no woman has ever spilled stuff in their
> homes.
October 15, 2008
I think we should all be glad that we aren't marketed to, for now...

--Me
October 15, 2008
I have a Jetta right now, but I can say that won't be buying another VW after mine dies. The car I have right now is small, powerful, and a manual transmission. I love my Jetta to death, but unfortunately VW doesn't have anything in their new car lineup that can compare to what I drive now. Their cars today are bigger, have smaller engines, and they seem to be phasing out their manual transmissions in all but the lowest trim level cars. I'm not a fan of turbo power (I prefer my naturally-aspirated VR6) and I like driving stick. No cars in the VW lineup offer a 6 cylinder engine paired with a manual trans. VW is interested in entering the mommy market, since now they have 2 SUV's and one Minivan in their lineup. I also don't think they are as value-minded as they once were. The VW GTI and the BMW 1 series both start at almost the same price. And I know that if I had that much to blow on a car I'd DEFINITELY go for the BMW, since it's exactly what I would want for the same price.

"Drivers Wanted?" Nope, not anymore. I think "Mommies Wanted" suits them better, and these new commercials prove it.

Can you tell I'm annoyed at VW nowadays? tongue sticking out smiley
October 15, 2008
I HATE that fucking VW commercial with a passion! So only some pregmoo is going to want to get a VW product? Great! VW (insert model name here), the OFFCIAL Preggo Moomobile! If I had ever been inclined to buy a VW, this commercial has forever removed any temptation. I am sick to death of the constant breeder-oriented everyfuckingthing.
October 15, 2008
Many Jettas and Golfs were intended for younger crowd. VW is going in the wrong direction because they think younger crowd equals breeders.
October 15, 2008
Hey, we CF elders are more likely to have fun and think young than breeders! We hve the means and the desire for fun things in life. We don't have to worry about kids cramping our style. VW,,,we CF, young and older, are out here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login