Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 1205 - Eurpoean birth rates

Posted by Cambion 
Entry 1205 - Eurpoean birth rates
April 11, 2006
Hooray for them - the Europeans understand that having kids isn't a bowl of cherries like idiot American Moos and wannabreeders think it is.

I had to pluck this quote from the article:

"With fewer, younger workers to pay the health and pension bills of an elderly population, states face an unprecedented fiscal burden."

Is it just me, or did I find a bingo in the article? This sounds like a more professional version of "My kids will be paying for your Social Security when you get old". Does anyone else see it, or am I just losing it?
Anonymous User
Re: Entry 1205 - Eurpoean birth rates
April 11, 2006
It don't think it's much of a bingo, with the large amount of people retiring, the taxes on younger workers to support socialized pensions and healthcare will increase.
April 11, 2006
Ha, I figured it wasn't. That's what I get for reading five minutes after I wake up.
April 11, 2006
I have heard the "I resent those who have no children because MY children will be paying their Social Security" bingo in the United States. Excuse me? Who subsidizes the breeders and their child tax credit? Who also pays taxes for schools and all of the social programs? Who also subsidizes the tax breaks for homeowners -- many who are people with kids?

What the non-childed pay in taxes can outweigh the little bit that those with kids may pay for the CF. If the parents think we are taking from their children, perhaps the childfree should be allowed an exemption from p aying taxes to educate these people's offspring. Fair is fair, right? We, the childfree, have more than contributed to the tax system.
April 11, 2006
at the moment they are saying we will increase the retirement ages to 80, by 2020. my mum is 70 and she still works it keeps her brain active..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Water Lily
April 12, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> at the moment they are saying we will increase the
> retirement ages to 80, by 2020. my mum is 70 and
> she still works it keeps her brain active..

I'll probaly be working in old age as well........
Anonymous User
April 12, 2006
I definitely plan to be like my father and while not actively practicing, continue to sit on boards and commissions.

Also: Europeans tend to think things through better, be more sensible and mostly lack the sense of entitlement that's so common here in the West (when I say West, I mean UK, Canada, USA, Aus, and NZ).
April 13, 2006
the uk i part of europe lady, i think the problem is history, we have a sense of millenia of history, whereas the us , aus, and nz, dont have that feeling of depth, maybe in 2000 years the us will be like the british civilisation. or the european.

those countries are young in civilisation terms, basically they are the teenagers of civilisation. and we all know how irresponsible some of those can be.

at least thats my theory. insecurity due to lack of age so they have to push push push..

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 13, 2006
I used to have this misconception of foreign kids being better behaved and their parents being more responsible. I was able to travel Europe in 2004. I saw just as many spoiled and bratty kids in public while the parents looked the other way. However, it was not as bad as the US' sprogs and breeders...
Anonymous User
April 13, 2006
Merc, I put the UK into the "West" category instead of the locational "European" category because of the culture. The UK has the same sort of large numbers entitlement breeders without a shred of sense as North America and Down Under. Maybe it's an Anglo thing. Mainland Europeans don't go entitle-breeder as often, as well as the dropping birth rates, because they know they have more to life than popping them out.
What breeders don't understand is that if you DON'T have children, you might just be able to save up enough to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF during retirement. Yes, everyone here gets social security, but if one can save money, they won't have to rely on it or other social programs, OR their children.

Duh.
April 13, 2006
theres less than you imagine, there are an amount, but its getting worse, and france and germany they have the same problems there too, they dont really publicise it. the uk isnt as bad as america.. yet.. but there are a few groups who want change.. and we are making a slight change..

Water Lily
April 22, 2006
I'd praise this teenager if I was the reporter. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4813590.stm
April 22, 2006
i know jonathon via his website http://kiddingaside.forumco.com.
at least now the cf are seeming to get more press

the comments are interesting

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=1388&&&edition=1&ttl=20060422203605

All hell, I'd praise BBC. Unlike the American press (I guess) BBC is regonizing the childfree.
Thanks for the last website, Mercurior.
April 23, 2006
no worries, i spend too much time online, so i know where to find stuff wink

KidFreeLuvnLife
April 24, 2006
Yea, too bad our Mother Earth won't be able to support all the people everyone is creating to "support" all the other generations.
mercurior 1
April 24, 2006
well with any luck we wont be here (or we may and say yah boo sucks to you, we predicted it. made bed lie.. muhahahha wink you breeders

Bravo to the Europeans, I say. One man's comment on birth rates was that people in Asia and Africa are the problem! I.e. too many offspring. WTF? Any child born in the U.S. will use up many times the resources of an African or Asian child. Because, of course, the sprog will "have" to have the best of everything, play five different sports, and go to college (regardless of how smart they are). Geez!

Let's face it, it's the height of selfishness to reproduce! It's probably the most ego-driven pursuit there is.
Amen C.J.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.