Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A new point- why does the media leave out fathers?

Posted by Rose Red 
A new point- why does the media leave out fathers?
October 15, 2008
My husband has been noticing and pointed out that over time, fathers are not portayed on ads or the media- it's always mom feeding/playing happily on the rug/bonding.

Why is it so important for this country to trivialize the role of the father in family life when addressing the public?
Re: A new point- why does the media leave out fathers?
October 15, 2008
Just so long as they keep sending that child support check or keep that wallet open for moo's hand to keep reaching in for cash!!!
Fathers get left out because choosy moms choose Jif!
Merely another aspect of the anti-male bias in our culture. The 'dad is a dope' theme has been popular for several decades now, and it won't be going away soon.
October 15, 2008
CFTeen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Merely another aspect of the anti-male bias in our
> culture. The 'dad is a dope' theme has been
> popular for several decades now, and it won't be
> going away soon.

I think this is a good point- the media is insinuating that he really isn't needed. During the 70's in ads he was always the goofball who screwed up the boardgame, etc, but how can these women whine about the lack of attention they get when they are being subliminally told that they are all their child needs?
Another aspect that no one is supposed to criticise brave single moos (i.e. welfare sluts)
October 15, 2008
Hubby and I noticed how in almost every sitcom and TV commercial where there is a "dad" figure of any type, he's always bashed in some way or made to look insignificant, unimportant, unworthy, or incapable.
While I watch tv, a commercial comes on it will always be MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM this and that, and I always say, what about the dads, they don't care what their kyds eat, drink, do, sleep on, ride, play?

This is why the moos start believing how important they are because they are constantly stroked.

Old commercials catered to housewives but didn't always emphasize how important they were just because THEY MADE DECISIONS ABOUT PEANUT BUTTER OR FROZEN FISH STICKS. But, they can't sell a thing w/o out saying, "As a mom, I take Asprin, and my day is much better, I make important choices for my brats, la la la la" Like Dads, or CF, CL and empty nesters don't get headaches or back pain. It never stops.
October 15, 2008
CF Uter Wrote:
> While I watch tv, a commercial comes on it will
> always be MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM this and that, and I
> always say, what about the dads, they don't care
> what their kyds eat, drink, do, sleep on, ride,
> play?
>
> This is why the moos start believing how important
> they are because they are constantly stroked.
>
> Old commercials catered to housewives but didn't
> always emphasize how important they were just
> because THEY MADE DECISIONS ABOUT PEANUT BUTTER OR
> FROZEN FISH STICKS. But, they can't sell a thing
> w/o out saying, "As a mom, I take Asprin, and my
> day is much better, I make important choices for
> my brats, la la la la" Like Dads, or CF, CL and
> empty nesters don't get headaches or back pain.
> It never stops.

this is EXACTLY what my husband said- what the rest of us like to suffer? these ads are reverse bingoing the shit out of my household.
October 15, 2008
Easy. Moos are kyds' 24/7 servants and milk bottles, too.eye rolling smiley

And a duh's only contribution is of course, sperm.
Banshee Wrote:
> Easy. Moos are kyds' 24/7 servants and milk
> bottles, too.eye rolling smiley
>
> And a duh's only contribution is of course, sperm.

That's not true at all. Dad's have another purpose.

They are there to pay for the moo's and the brats.
October 16, 2008
its what i have been saying for many years.

and they wonder why a lot of men are not getting married, or not caring.

if you are told your worthless and a joke, and not important, and since tv has become one of the few ways to learn where a person is in life.

it has an effect. the media leaves out men, single men are jokes as well. unless they fit the sex in the city men. all buffed all shallow, so its not just fathers its all men,
October 16, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
> its what i have been saying for many years.
>
> and they wonder why a lot of men are not getting
> married, or not caring.
>
> if you are told your worthless and a joke, and
> not important, and since tv has become one of the
> few ways to learn where a person is in life.
>
> it has an effect. the media leaves out men,
> single men are jokes as well. unless they fit the
> sex in the city men. all buffed all shallow, so
> its not just fathers its all men,

Unless the media decides they serve as eye candy.
October 16, 2008
I think it's because their target advertising and viewing audience are generally moocows. Since moocows do the majority of choosing kiddie nyquil over kiddie robitussin, Geranimal clothes over Winnie the Pooh, Mcdonalds over Burger king, Kiddie Colgate over Crest, Gorton fishsticks over a storebrand, Spaghetti and meatballs minatures over Spaghettios ABC's, Kraft macaroni in a box over Chef boy'Ardee mac cheese in a can, etc.........They only care about what the moocows want because they have purchase power. For the bigger ticket items like vacations and vehicles, even though duddy may sign the check, MOOMIE still makes most of those decisions as well because NO duddy wants to spend the next 4 years paying for something that he will have to hear her complain about the whole time, "There JUST isn't enough room for Shitney's car seat, or, "I can't concentrate because THIS van has no built in tv to entertain the kyds, or "There is NOTHING for the kyds to do at THAT hotel", etc........

I think it's funny how new car salesmen (or ANY salesmen for that matter) will try to find out IMMEDIATELY how many kyds (and ages) a potential buyer has and then go on and on and on about all of the kiddie centric accessories a certain vehicle has. They are so used to using kiddie shit as a selling tool that they are often just lost when they happen up on a CF couple. They KNOW they have a better chance to steer them into a certain vehicle IF they have kids and ESPECIALLY if they are stupid enough to bring them to the lot when they are "just looking", SUCKERS.
October 16, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> mercurior Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > its what i have been saying for many years.
> >
> > and they wonder why a lot of men are not
> getting
> > married, or not caring.
> >
> > if you are told your worthless and a joke, and
> > not important, and since tv has become one of
> the
> > few ways to learn where a person is in life.
> >
> > it has an effect. the media leaves out men,
> > single men are jokes as well. unless they fit
> the
> > sex in the city men. all buffed all shallow,
> so
> > its not just fathers its all men,
>
> Unless the media decides they serve as eye candy.

Eye candy! Yes! More beefcake! Less cheesecake!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 16, 2008
are there any good male role models anymore on tv, since the male parents are being marginalised, and pushed away..

male role models who arent a joke, or eye candy for women.

thats the question. Tv is now the surrogate family, and where are children going to learn about life.. from tv..
October 16, 2008
Another reason there are few good male role models portrayed on TV/movies is because the moocows have been lowing for YEARS that they alone are responsible for the birth and raising of the kyds and they want extra credit for it. The ones who are married minimize any involvement their husband has and we all know how the single moms are glorified as saints for bringing these future cancer curers into the world for the greater good of mankind. Single mooms work harder, sacrifice more, and love their kids more than ANY other parent possibly ever could. Therefore, since single moocows are a large part of their target audiences, it wouldn't set well if they actually showed a responsible man participate in their kyds' lives. They CLAIM that's what they want, but their actions scream just the opposite. If the single moos really really wanted their kyd to have a positive male role model, they they would keep their legs CLOSED until one came along. If they really really wanted positive male role models in their kyds' lives after choosing terrible sperm donors, then they would ONLY go out with good men after the fact.

The bottom line is that they do NOT care anything about a man except for what he can do for HER and how much net disposable income he has. Single moos, in general, are the most selfish, ignorant, whorish bitches who ever lived, which makes it all the worse that they are always out for attention and sympathy for their self inflicted plights and circumstances. I believe I hate them.
mercurior Wrote:
> are there any good male role models anymore on tv,
> since the male parents are being marginalised, and
> pushed away..
>
> male role models who arent a joke, or eye candy
> for women.
>
> thats the question. Tv is now the surrogate
> family, and where are children going to learn
> about life.. from tv..

Welcome back... smiling smiley
October 20, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
> its what i have been saying for many years.
>
> and they wonder why a lot of men are not getting
> married, or not caring.
>
> if you are told your worthless and a joke, and
> not important, and since tv has become one of the
> few ways to learn where a person is in life.
>
> it has an effect. the media leaves out men,
> single men are jokes as well. unless they fit the
> sex in the city men. all buffed all shallow, so
> its not just fathers its all men,

Same reason I'm avoiding relationship and marriage like the blazes. I would NEVER expect a man to become who I want him to be! A man can be whatever HE wants to be and I won't be in the way.grinning smiley

And yes, TV can be such a dumb influence sometimes, so maybe I'm lucky I don't own a TV yet.^_^
October 20, 2008
It seems to me that the media is in collusion with the mothers who don't WANT their children to be too close to their fathers.

The media panders to them by not representing fathers and reinforcing mothers that they can do it on their own. Breeder oriented advertising is revolting.
feminazis and media pandering... it has been increasing crap all these years
I hardly bother with much on regular tv anymore: it is largely garbage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login