Posted by annie35 
Denis Leary Blames Autism on 'Inattentive Mothers'
October 16, 2008
Denis Leary Blames Autism on 'Inattentive Mothers'
Wednesday, October 15, 2008

E-Mail Respond Print Share:

AP

Denis Leary
Denis Leary tackles autism, blaming parents for the brain disorder, in his new book, "Why We Suck: a Feel-Good Guide to Staying Fat, Loud, Lazy and Stupid," the New York Post's Page Six reported.

"There is a huge boom in autism right now because inattentive mothers and competitive dads want an explanation for why their dumb-ass kids can't compete academically, so they throw money into the happy laps of shrinks ... to get back diagnoses that help explain away the deficiencies of their junior morons," the "Rescue Me" star writes, calling such children "stupid" or "lazy" rather than autistic.

The Autism Society of America called the claims "ridiculous."

"For Mr. Leary to suggest that families or doctors conspire to falsely diagnose autism is ridiculous. ... [His] remarks reflect the same misconceptions of autism being caused by bad or unemotional parenting that were held over 50 years ago," the society responded, according to the New York Post.

In the book, Leary also rips on Dr. Phil, Paul McCartney and Heather Mills, as well as Hillary Clinton.

"If she had changed her campaign motto from 'Blah Blah Something Change' to 'Vote for Me or Your Wife Won't [expletive] You,' she would have had the election wrapped up at sunset on Super Tuesday," Leary writes, according to the New York Post. "As Tip O'Neill once said - all politics is local. And for men, it doesn't get much more local than your crotch."
Re: Denis Leary Blames Autism on 'Inattentive Mothers'
October 16, 2008
Dennis Leary kicks ass, in my humble opinion. This is what we've been saying all along.

Oh, but to the mommies, I'm sure he's seen as the devil himself for blaming them and not the pharmaceutical companies with their "toxic" vaccines.
October 16, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dennis Leary kicks ass, in my humble opinion. This
> is what we've been saying all along.
>
> Oh, but to the mommies, I'm sure he's seen as the
> devil himself for blaming them and not the
> pharmaceutical companies with their "toxic"
> vaccines.

I love this guy.

His book is available 11-18
October 16, 2008
Denis Leary rocks!! He doesn't have any kids, does he?
October 16, 2008
One wife, two kids.

However, he obviously has a life. We all know him as a stand up comedian and actor, but he also founded the Leary Firefighters Foundation in 2000 and has raised almost 5 million dollars for fire fighter training and equipment.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 16, 2008
I am glad that he is childed because otherwise he would be criticized immediately for not possibly being able to understand how a pahhhrrent could feel. Breeders would quickly pull out "the chyllld" card and how he doesn't have one and completely attempt to discredit anything he said simply because he wasn't childed. An intelligent and rational childed person who speaks out against breeders and breeder behavior is one of our best allies. A breeder can't discount their opinions with that smug, tongue in cheek, all knowing look they get when they spew out the ever so common bingo, "You don't have any children, do you? If you did then you would understand." I would bet my last dollar that the childed who were upset by his comments IMMEDIATELY tried to ascertain if he was childed. Otherwise, the bingos would already be plastered on every grocery store tabloid. "Childless Leary hates kyds and always has", "Leary's wife seeking fertility treatments, blames his anger on her inability to conceive", "How can a man who is not a father say such things against children?""Leary belongs to a radical cult known as "CF", claims that ALL handicapped kyds are fakes", etc........

I LOVE it when a childed celebrity speals out like this. The only thing that I wish was that he had a kyd diagnosed with Autism spectrum and after they beefed up the discipline, then he was "cured" and an honor student as well as class president and valedictorian. That would be manna from heaven.
October 16, 2008
Awesome. Can't wait to see what his take on mills/mccartney is. thks for the tip!
October 16, 2008
"Junior morons"! Haha!!

Of course, he went to school at a time when there were only 3 types of kids: 'normal', 'weird' or 'retarded'. And they were all more or less treated the same. Everyone got teased by the other kids at some time or other, and parents turned around and told their kids to toughen up if they didn't like it. Smart kids were just smart, dumb kids were just dumb, and they collected their grades accordingly. No doctors, no lawyers, no psychologists were harmed in the process.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 16, 2008
I've always liked Dennis Leary. It sounds like I will be purchasing this book!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login