Baby showers can be fun!

Posted by Rose Red 
Baby showers can be fun!
October 16, 2008
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17728224/detail.html
Anonymous User
Re: Baby showers can be fun!
October 16, 2008
I think one would need steel reinforced bumbershoots, eh??
October 17, 2008
Possible illegals. Perfect.

If you're going to come into this country illegally, why would you be so stupid as to get yourself into trouble?

Low IQ immigrants, obviously.
October 17, 2008
I'd probably actually go to baby showers if I could be guaranteed a couple of women clawing at each other. "NO!! I'M GETTING KNOCKED UP FIRST, BITCH!!"

Oh man, I can just see it...knocked over baby crap, women throwing the big presents at each other, rolling in the god awful food and cake, clawing at eachothers faces, pulling hair, throwing punch, paper from the stupid games flying every where.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 17, 2008
I have never been to a baby shower and will never go to one, no matter what.
October 17, 2008
I attended a few in my time out of SHEER obligation.

What a fucking puke fest.

My gift was always a mall gift certificate. Fuck that noise if anybody thinks I'm going into a Brats-R-Us and subject myself to that shit, or any baby department of any given store.
October 17, 2008
I agree with RR. I've never been to a baby shower and have neither the politesse nor the good manners to endure such idiotic tedium without exploding. I've got better things to do, such as, as Miss Manners once memorably said, "looking out of the window and contemplating the trees."
October 17, 2008
I've been to a few baby showers and they are simply awful. I don't think it's possible to create an event that I have less interest in.

The games are asinine--who can list the most names suitable for either girl or boy? Who can recall the most baby items displayed on a tray? Who cares?

The chatter between ladies at showers is usually very child centered and completely uninteresting. The gifts show little creativity beyond picking an item off of a list that the mother-to-be created. The opening of baby gifts usually involves much fake oohing and aahing, and the whole thing seems like nothing more than a shameless gift-grab.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login