Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

She wants rid of welfare, but of course there are cries of poverty

Posted by Anonymous User 
(For the record, this is the first and so far only time I have ever agreed with Ms. Turia. Of course, the one doing the hand-wringing is the same stupid bitch who created the no-smacking bill, if you remember an earlier post of mine).

http://msn.nzherald.co.nz/feature/story.cfm?c_id=1501799&objectid=10537815

Maori party call to scrap dole 'dangerous' - Greens
10:39AM Thursday October 16, 2008

Maori Party calls for the dole to be scrapped are "dangerous in the extreme", Green Party MP Sue Bradford says.

Maori Party co-leader Tariana Turia suggested on Tuesday at the party's economic policy launch the dole should be scrapped and replaced with government-subsidised jobs.

When asked if she wanted to see the dole scrapped, she said: "Yes. Absolutely. I'm opposed to the dole. I have to be very frank with you - I don't think it is healthy for the spirit of our people, to be getting money for doing nothing."

Mrs Turia said she wanted the next government to return to subsidised "make-work" schemes where people get a community job and are paid a government wage.

Ms Bradford said she supported full-wage job creation schemes, but scrapping the dole would mean some households would become dependent on charities, local government or their families for handouts.

Ms Bradford said unemployment was set to rise in the current economic climate.

"Tariana Turia's suggestion ... that the dole should be scrapped is dangerous in the extreme, and especially for Maori who tend to be disproportionately unemployed," she said.

"If this meagre support is removed we will see family breakdown, child poverty, crime, begging and homelessness at levels way beyond anything we can conceive of at present."

- NZPA
Re: She wants rid of welfare, but of course there are cries of poverty
October 16, 2008
"If this meagre support is removed we will see family breakdown, child poverty, crime, begging and homelessness at levels way beyond anything we can conceive of at present."

Here they go again with the age old "famblee breakdown, chlyd poverty, crime, begging. and homelessness", trigger words. I guess that this goes on just about everywhere, with the politically correct bingos which we all get SO tired of hearing. Each time I hear it I have the same old boring answers.

1)Mandatory sterilization of welfare mothers and of ALL women immediately after #2 squat.
2)Mandatory birth control of puberty age kyds until they are of age and petition the court to have it removed.
3)Children can only be impoverished if their parents are, so make the bastards get a job. Down in New Orleans places like Wendy's were starting out new employees at TEN-TWELVE dollars an hour, more than double the minimum wage after they rebuilt from Katrina, yet they remained understaffed. PUT THE LAZY BASTARDS TO WORK.
4)If they have the time and the ability to beg on a street corner or plan out and commit crimes, then they can use those same abilities and free time to GET A JOB.
5)If they didn't have so many damned kyds, which they wouldn't if they were on the forced mandatory birth control and then mandatory sterilization after having squatted out two, then it would be FAR easier to find a place to live. Therefore, homelessness would be a lot less of a problem. PLENTY of people have garages/guest houses, rooms to rent, but not to someone with a baby daddy or two (or 3)who is violent and on meth and a whore moomie with 4-5 kyds and one on the way. PLENTY of people seek room mates, even some "single moms", but they don't want the fucking Waltons moving in on them. Aunts, uncles,parents, grandparents, cousins, sisters and brothers could and would probably house some of the potential homeless on a temporary basis, but not with five or six kyds and no visible means of support or childcare and a new baybee bump to boot.

The MAIN problem is that they are allowed to have as many kyds as they want, at any age and REGARDLESS if they are already impoverished themselves. End that and the whole world would be better off, including these improperly cared for kyds. WHY doesn't any politician ever have the balls to implement these types of things or at least suggest it????? I would be willing to bet that there are some breeders who would be "for" that, even though they may still be in the closet on it. I KNOW many PNB would be for it because they have enough sense to only have baybees which they can afford and it's rarely over two anyway. I think the time has come for some radical changes and the mandatory sterilization and birth control would be the easiest and wisest step in the right direction for ALL concerned.IMHO.
October 16, 2008
On the other hand, if welfare is completely removed, poverty will of course SKYROCKET and there will be WORSE crime waves than ever!doh face

So - perhaps give a time limit (like 6 months to a year, depending) for the poor to get good, permanent jobs or take classes for it before welfare is taken away. Then the poor must reapply if the family is NOT to suffer for too long - with a warning that the second time welfare is taken away could be permanent. If they had any real brains in their heads, they wouldn't want that to happen.eye rolling smiley

That should get the poor and lazy off their asses - FAST.
October 16, 2008
I don't think a time limit will work, at first. The welfare types are so used to free handouts that they will expect to be given an exemption at the last minute. They'd know about the time limit, but I don't think they would believe that their freebees would stop until they actually do.

I think it would be pretty shitty for the rest of us at first (crime and all that), but after a generation or so the welfarers would start to figure out that the gravy train has run out of steam.
October 17, 2008
What is is about the Maori vis a vis financial autonomy? are they too isolated or do they have a cultural more that doesn't allow them to participate in "traditional" Western forms of work...?
This country needs a 5 year plan to start phasing out welfare.

Yes, things will be bad for a while but then guess what? After the animals settle down and realize there are no more handouts and the jails are full of criminals, they'll either:

1. move back to the 3rd world shit hole they crawled out of, or

2. pull themselves up by their boot straps and get a real life and a clue.

I vote for option 1.
To hell with them. Cut them off, and if they go out and riot, shoot them.
October 17, 2008
two cents ΒΆΒΆ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To hell with them. Cut them off, and if they go
> out and riot, shoot them.

It WOULD be awfully cool if it came to this.
October 18, 2008
Uh, what about childfree on welfare?confused smiley
Yes, what about them? Like my good friend who's on public assistance because of being so badly disfigured he CANNOT get a job?

As much as I hate the welfare system, going cold turkey on the whole thing is not the solution.
October 18, 2008
CFTeen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, what about them? Like my good friend who's on
> public assistance because of being so badly
> disfigured he CANNOT get a job?
>
> As much as I hate the welfare system, going cold
> turkey on the whole thing is not the solution.

disfigured how, please?
His arms are the worst. Far too short, three fingers and a thumb on either hand. Think Thalidomide victim-ish. Next is a rotated kneecap that makes standing for long VERY hard, plus hip and spinal and other assorted bone problems. And this is all after a childhood full of MORE things wrong that got corrected (more or less) after multiple surgeries.

There's a very long-winded medical term for his symptoms, I'll look it up if you like.
October 18, 2008
I think that the CF on "welfare", at least in The US, will be safe because we basically do not HAVE "welfare" for adults with NO kyds living in the home unless they are disabled or elderly. Even the aged sometimes have to show disability too in certain cases. I do not consider medicare, social security, and SSDI as welfare. There are only two states which have public assistance in the form of a welfare check for CF who are over 21 and under 65 and not disabled and even then, they have to stand in line for it as it comes in the form of left overs from their general welfare fund and is difficult to get. I don't think that disabled people should have any benefits taken away although I do think that a lot of "disabilities", so called, need to be re-investigated, re-evaluated, and the list of eligible disabilities and their levels of severity need to be re-examined and possibly reformed/updated.

If you are an adult who is laid off, the unemployment compensation is depleted, your savings are spent, and you are not disabled and you have no children, you can look forward to a life of soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and waiting in emergency rooms for hours on end behind hundreds of kyds and illegals with medicaid cards. If you are a non disabled CF adult and wind up (temporarily and for the first time even) without food and shelter, through no fault of your own , you are FUCKED. On the other hand, if you have a couple of of kyds in tow then you will have emergency food, shelter, and medical attention that VERY same night.

If we have welfare at all for the able bodied/minded down trodden, (WHICH INCLUDES ALL WELFARE WHORES) there should be a limit on the amount and the time limit which they can get assistance. I think we should have/create a LITERAL welfare state, Alaska could be a good choice, and keep it segregated from the rest of society. All of the former welfare recipients and their kyds can live there in government shelters and they can put a mess hall in strategic places. As far as I am concerned prisoners can go there after release as well while on probation. If they "want out", then it would be on a merit system.

Re-entry to mainstream society rules/regulations:
1)Mandatory sterilization
2)No kyds under 18 can re-enter unless they are re-entering to attend an accredited university or technical school where they have already been accepted AND have no criminal record while in the "welfare state", or are being adopted into an approved famblee. NO foster care exists on the outside.
3)Satisfactory completion of parole/drug rehab programs, if applicable
4)A minimum of a one year certificate or diploma in a specialized trade in addition to a GED equivalent. The higher the educational level, the higher on the re-entry list they would go
5)A job waiting on the outside
6)Housing secured on the outside
7)Mandatory work experience while in the "welfare state" and a minimum of first and last month's rent, and 3 months of living expenses in savings
8)They (as well as their entire famblee, ie"kyds) must have all communicable disease vaccinations updated and be free of communicable diseases at the time of re-entry, for a general re-entry admission.
9)Any felony convictions while on the outside will send them straight back to the welfare state to serve out their sentence in a prison over there with another re-entry difficult, if not impossible to achieve.
10)Any voluntary loss of income status or housing status for more than 30 days will send them back to the welfare state and they must re-qualify and re-apply for re-entry after a one year mandatory waiting period.

Any of the following should be cause to BAN someone to the welfare state:
1)Non compliance with the 2 kyd rule
2)Verifiable repeat drug or alcohol abuse;IE; DUI's,repeat positive drug tests, criminal activity/arrests for drug/alcohol related reasons
3)Born (or becoming) so severely mentally and/or physically handicapped that public assistance is required to sustain life. There will be a special hospital just for these unfortunates on the welfare state property.
4)Newly convicted felons, repeat petty criminals, and ALL of those paroled in the current system until they can qualify for re-entry. The goal of "the outside" is ZERO jails as crime is not acceptable.
5)The comatose or terminally ill who are non communicative and are considered to be in a persistent vegetative state, with no chance of recovery. There will be well staffed and operated facilities for this purpose.
6)Chronically unemployed
7)People who take the chance and live on credit and beyond their means and then place themselves at the brink of bankruptcy. The only bankruptcy courts are located on the "welfare state" property, in my perfect world.
8)Anyone who refuses to complete a minimum one year post high school vocational training program.
9)Any teen (male and female)who violate the mandatory birth control until minimum age 21 law and reproduce
10)Any child deemed "special needs" to the point that they are unable to be schooled in a "normal" environment without causing repeated disruptions to the other students via behavioral problems, outbursts, failure to pay attention,bullying, truancy or ANY repeat behavioral problem is BAN worthy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login