Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sheriff: Family cremated mom on BBQ, kept benefits

Posted by catmeow 
Sheriff: Family cremated mom on BBQ, kept benefits
October 16, 2008
Show this to the next asshole who asks, "Who will take care of you when you get old?"

This has a picture of grandshit Tony Ray: http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2008/10/16/sheriff_family_cremated_mom_on_bbq_kept_benefits/

CORNING, Calif.—The family of a dead elderly woman cremated her remains on a makeshift barbecue and continued collecting her retirement checks amounting to more than $25,000, authorities in Northern California said. Ramona Allmond's daughter and grandson were arrested Sunday on suspicion of embezzlement, elder abuse and disposing of a body without a permit.

Allmond, 84, likely died of natural causes, though investigators were still trying to determine the exact cause of death, said Tehama County sheriff's Capt. Paul Hosler.

Allmond's daughter, Kathleen Allmond, 50, and Allmond's grandson, Tony Ray, 30, told investigators their relative died in December. They left her body on her bedroom floor for a week before cremating the remains in their backyard fire pit, Hosler said.

Investigators said the two kept collecting Allmond's monthly retirement checks, amounting to more than $25,000. Sheriff's Detective Richard Knox said they may have been trying to honor Allmond's desire to die at home and be cremated.

The two were arrested after Allmond's son grew suspicious about her whereabouts.

Both were in jail in lieu of bail, with arraignment scheduled for Thursday. The sheriff's department said they do not yet have attorneys.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Re: Sheriff: Family cremated mom on BBQ, kept benefits
October 16, 2008
WHAT THE FUCK?!? Barbequed Grandma? Is this a new hillwilliam tradition? Did they serve her with potato salad and chips before burning off the left-overs?
October 17, 2008
ooh- we did this on the "wear your loved ones on your neck" thread-
October 17, 2008
How sick. I'm sure they probably killed her too.
October 17, 2008
And I guarantee you that every breeder who reads this article sits there thinking, "Wow, I'm glad MY kids would never do that to me!"
October 17, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ooh- we did this on the "wear your loved ones on
> your neck" thread-

Sorry about that, Rose!

If a moderator sees this, they can delete my duplicate.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
October 18, 2008
I think I would be even more concerned if this particular family began selling jerky.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login